Gave in to temptation

tod2005

Even though I'm dissapointed with myself I thought I'd share this with everyone, no point in hiding it and then giving advice to others is a bit hypocritical. I was cooking meatballs for my fiancee and ended up eating one of them. Just goes to show how easy it is to fall off the wagon, :mad: I guess you could say I was giving myself a reward for doing so well up to now...how ironic. Guess I have to wait a few days to get back into ketosis but hey, I'm more determined to succeed.

Hi hun, its not the end of the world, and you can't change what you've done. Just move on, learn from it, and remember how you felt. You've done brill so far, and you might have got away with it in terms of ketosis as long as it was only meat but............DON'T DO IT AGAIN lol x x x

Get back on the wagon again tomorrow x x x

Even though I'm dissapointed with myself I thought I'd share this with everyone, no point in hiding it and then giving advice to others is a bit hypocritical. I was cooking meatballs for my fiancee and ended up eating one of them. Just goes to show how easy it is to fall off the wagon, :mad: I guess you could say I was giving myself a reward for doing so well up to now...how ironic. Guess I have to wait a few days to get back into ketosis but hey, I'm more determined to succeed.

Hiya Tod :)

I'm sure by posting that, you will have helped someone else to see how easy it can be, that you are only human and that it realy is only a small lapse, so thank you.

Good thing is it has made you more determined so try not to give yourself a hard time ok? :D:D:D Crack on again tommorow and glug that water;)

Lacey xx :)

You bold boy!!!! Get back on that wagon right now please???!!!??

dont dwell on it hun, and dont be hard on yourself either. Its only a meatball! That guilty feeling will keep you on track for a while now. You may still be in ketosis too. Good luck :)

i made meatballs as well last night for the other 5 they looked so good i wanted them so i know how you feel i wasnt hungry just wanted it get back on track now. You can do it
Lisax

OH TOD!!!!!!!! NO ..... FOOD is NOT a reward...its punishment...its why you are here in the first place! Ruler over the knuckles for you!!!!! Watch the LT video online and please remeber why you are here!!!! No more food and drink lots of water!
lipotrim.com

Hi Tod,

I did that last week - I wasn't even hungry just wanted to taste something different so I know how you feel.

I've grown from the slip up and its made me even more determined to stick to it - coz I didn't feel very good after - and i'd rather not eat than eat and beat myself up over it.. I'm sure you feel the same - at least we know we won't give in again coz we (or atleast i was) miserable after..

hiya tod,
i know exactly what you mean cause a similar thing happened to me a few days ago when for no apparent reason i just followed the smell of food to the canteen and had a ham sarnie! totally regreted it cause i have to go through ketosis again. Looking back didn't know why i done it but by the time i had, i realised what a mistake! but we are only human and it's just trying to imagine that food mixed in with something disgusting like lard and the temptation will go away- i've been reading paul mckena's book, does help, good luck let's keep going we can do this

Tod babe you are only human but please behave yourself it will be worth it in the end. Well done for admitting it though:). My little boy is making meatballs for us all on friday and I'm still trying to work out how to pretend to eat them!!

Onwards and upwards (or downwards actually). Its so easy to do what you did (most of us have at one time or another), but just try and remember how you felt after you ate the food. Is the brief moment of enjoyment worth all the guilt afterwards (yes I am still taking about dieting!!). Pick yourself up, dust yourself off...today is another day. Good luck mate and well done for sharing. A problem shared an all that!!

hey at least you know how bad you feel when you dont resist. No worries, that was then today is now...

TOD,
All said and I know we are here all to loose, but ocassionally as all agreed you are human and be proud you recognised your weekness and admitted it instead of trying to deny it. Which could, or in my case would have started a spiral downwards.

See this as part of your journey at resolving a healthy relationship with your brain and how it deals with choosing food and preparing your brain for after the loss, when you are making food choices.

Well done and good to hear your still on track!

Brenda
X

Back