Gayle's Diary

gaylie1981

Hi

I started CD on the 8/3/12 and lost 13lb 1/4 oz.

I have spent the last few weeks reading all the different threads on here and it helped me make the decison to start CD. I am a wee bit shy and dont normally post on forums but i thought i should bit the bullet and just do it.

My 31, work for Virgin Media for my sins.
I have been big for as long as i can remember. I have tried different diets a few times and seem to hit a 3 stone wall. I have lost 3 stone doing SW from last jan but decided i needed to step up my game so started CD.
I am being bridesmaid at my brothers wedding in Sept 2012 and have a beautiful dress to get into. The 3 other bridesmaids are tiny so we could only get our dresses out of a shop that didnt do plus size so i am on a misson to fit into my size16/18 dress. I am currently a size 24 down from a 30/32 so def on the right path.
I am not sure of the different names, i am on 4 cd products and 2 pints of milk a day. My first week i have found to be fine, no hunger pains feeling sick, sore heads or feeling emotinal like my CDC warned me about so fingers crossed it stays that way.
I am a very possitive person but have been warned i am going to have bad days so would like if i could come on here if i need it.

Sorry if i am rambling, like i said i am shy and not used to this

Hellooo no need to be shy on here everyone is just lovely and so so supportive this forum has been my life saver dont know if i could have stuck to it without all the support =D Its true some days do feel more tough than others but you seem to be very set on losing the weight which helps alot when ur head is in it!! Well done on all the weight you have already lost... just think of how gorgeous you will look and feel in that bridesmaid dress and you will do great x Best of luck

Hiya, found your diary! Well done on the weight loss so far that's a great start, cd will help you loose the rest no probs! It is a great forum here so as yolande said no need to be shy! It's great to come and write down if you are struggling or even having a gd day! The support is amazing! Keep at it hun your first week on cd is done and what a fab loss!! Gd luck xx

First time

Thank u for ur coments.

Well tonight is the first I have sat with someone while they ate there dinner, I could have stole it off her plate haha. Wasn't feeling hungry, just wanted it cause she made it look so tasty!!!

Was a good girl though and just went and made my yummy strawberry shake.

Tried the chicken and mushroom soup today and it is delish so will be getting more of them on Sunday when I see my CDC.

Wow well done u for resisting that is hard work so fab!! How are the weekends for you? A lot of people struggle including me to not pick at weekends!!!

Weekends are fine for me... While I was on SW I stopped going out and drinking so not alot has changed really. I don't know how I will be when I have an actual event to go to thou! I am godmother for my best friends wee girl on the 1st April and we are going out for dinner after, I'm going along but taking a shake with me do that will be a big test for me

How about taking a soup and just asking or a bowl of hot water? Or a bar? I am on 810 so 4 packs and 1 pint of milk so similar to you, if i go out I usually stick to low carb and green veg and then only have 3 packs during the day so the calories kind of compensate themselves!!!

I am seeing my CDC tomorrow so going to see what she thinks is the best for me. If she doesnt think i should come off it at all then i dont mind going with my shake.

Woke up this morning with a bolt! just had my first dream about eating real food haha u would have thought i was having a nightmare they way i jumped.

Ha ha ha oh yes the dreaded food dreams i have had a few of these and they feel so real and im actually so upset in them cos i think i cheated and ruined my diet such a relief to wake up and realise it was not real =D

yeah i felt sick with disapoitment when i first woke up then i relised it was only a dream and it was a big sigh of relief haha

Looking for a wee bit of advise... Before starting CD i went to the gym 5 days a week, swimming twice and 1 zumba class. My CDC said to not do any exercise for 2 weeks as i prob wont feel up to it. I have been feeling fine thou so went to my zumba class on wed night and felt fine doing it.
I am really missing the gym and swimming but dont know what i should do, i have read a few posts on here people saying they find excersing on this diet slows the weight loss down.. Anyone got any experiences or work out at the moment.

**** Never thought i would see the day i was saying i miss the gym haha ****

I tthink the reason your cdc told ja to not do any for 2 weeks is so that your body gets used to the diet but i would say concidering you have 4 packs a day and you used to exercise before that you should be fine doing it, i wud say take it easy at first maybe, but you know your body and you will feel if you are doing to much. Me for example besides walking alot done no exercise before cd so in week 3 attempted pilates i felt so so sick (im also only on 3 packs a day) so i have been doing gentle toning and increase it as i go and im fine now but like i said you are used to it so should be fine many people on here do exercise and go to gym, swimming and are fine, BUT i have also read a few posts on here that it may slow down your weight loss, but ja wud be toning up and losing inches so i guess that wud make you feel very good.

yeah i feel like i would be able to go to the gym just down want to slow down the weight loss, saying that i want to be toning while i am lossing so i am not left with laods of skin.

Today is day 10 and i think it has been my hardest day yet. Feeling a bit sorry for myself and been a bit emotional but i dont know if that was just the rubbish TV i was watching.
Had apple porriage for breakfast, used to like it but today i had to force it down. Tried the tomato soup for lunch for the first time and wasnt to my taste. Thank god i am back at my CDC tomorrow to get some new stuff. Think i might try a bar mmm

Ooh you will love the bars, the chewy ones are my Fave! I always get so emotional too maybe its because we are not having all the chocolate that usually cheers us up!!!

Me too im also so emotional its crazy lol

Well i am glad yesterday is over.

Feel loads better today.

i didnt manage my 4th CD product last night. Onlt had make up urself shake and i just couldnt face it, so i had a cup of tea instead. Think it was just the way i was feeling. Going to try more soup bars and porriage this week and limit the amount of shakes.
Going to see my CDC today. She likes to see u and weigh u more then once a week for the first few days. WI in today and get all my stuff stocked up and then i am not back to next sun, so will be the longest i have went without seeing her.
My BFF and he baby got out of hospital yesterday so after WI i am going to busy myself visiting them getting loads of cuddles.

Aww have a lovely day and gd luck at wi, keep us posted how u get on, your cdc sounds very supportive! Glad u are feeling better!!!

Aww Thank You

She is the nicest person ever. You can tell she really does care.

I am silly and weigh myself at home on really unreliable old scales. Think this was half my battle yesterday. They went from 2lb off to STS to 2lb on, so i really dont know what i will see at WI. Not expecting to much as it is also TOTM so will just wait and see. At least on this diet u know it is not something u have done wrong its just how ur body works if u dont have a great week.

Will update later today.

Have a nice day x

Hiya

so pleased you 'bit the bullet' and started posting - hopefully this will become a 'home from home' for you during your journey, like it has for me and so many other people going through what we're going through... you sound so pleased with how it's going (well, except the tomato soup - haha - I don't like that one AT ALL either! haha)

I go swimming but only once or twice a week, and I make sure I've had a pack about half an hour before.

For my skin I'm covering myself in Palmers which I love! and I just buy it from the supermarket

Sainsbury's online groceries

You're going to look stunning in that bridesmaid dress - will you be able to change it for a smaller one if you're slimmer than the dress by then? :) I hope you can! :D

xxxx

Aww Thank You

She is the nicest person ever. You can tell she really does care.

I am silly and weigh myself at home on really unreliable old scales. Think this was half my battle yesterday. They went from 2lb off to STS to 2lb on, so i really dont know what i will see at WI. Not expecting to much as it is also TOTM so will just wait and see. At least on this diet u know it is not something u have done wrong its just how ur body works if u dont have a great week.

Will update later today.

Have a nice day x

Sounds like you'd be better off chucking those scales away! Or at least not trusting them or caring about them. I weigh myself at home, probably about once every day or two, but I don't think it's very helpful! haha.. I don't take the number very seriously either because it goes up and down all the time.. it can be 3-4 pounds different each depending on time of day, what I'm wearing, what water and packs I've had, totm, etc etc.. I just leave it to my CDC weight in, and even then I don't take that too seriously, I just like seeing the general direction rather than getting hung up on the exact number..

Hope the session with your consultant goes well today :)

xxxx

Back