Gemma's diary to slimdom!

Totally know what you mean. It's me time now, time to get my body and confidence back.

Today we are having a BBQ with family and friends and managed to get me sausages and burgers at 5% or less fat so happy with that and looking forward to the day. Hope you all enjoy your sunday x

Hope you have a lovely bbq :)

I have my first visit with the gp tomorrow to get another 4 weeks of xen, bit nervous but know I have lost 6-8 lbs and I'm happy with that.

What I am not happy about is how much snacking I am doing. It sedan whenever I follow a diet I'm great at sticking to the rules but always find the low syn, low cal, low fat foods that give me that sugar ht but are 'in the rules.' that's not how I want to eat anymore, I want to eat in moderation and not look for the quick fixes.

Saturday night I had a learning experience! My husband went out to watch the boxing and. I had a bit of a melt down, not wanting him to go, being totally unreasonable and unfair, he went, I told him to go, but then felt lonely at home on my own with the kids. I think it's because I'm on maternity leave and so feel I am often restricted in what free time I get and so am spending most of that at the gym. well I then went and ate 3 mini caramel shortbreads, cos they were there and I was mad. I wasnt hungry, they didn't stop me feeling lonely and it was the first time I have gone out of the xen rules so I felt even more crap!

So what did I learn? That when I know I am feeling lonely, stressed, etc I need to have strategies in place to avoid such moments. I can log on here and type, have a friend over for the evening and not have those type of foods in the house (they were for today's BBQ, we actually don't normally have them!)

So tomorrow is wi day and a new week to re-focus and get to the gym! Have a good week all. X x x

Just seen my gp and waiting for my prescription now. He said I have lost 3kg which he was thrilled with and so am I. That's 3pm off this week, after staying the same last week I am happy with that!

Hello Gemma, just seen your diary and wanted to say how well you're doing, especially with the exercise. I am limiting myself to the Wii Fit at the moment, as timewise this works best for me, though will try an Aqua Aerobic class this week (too poorly to try it last week).

I managed to put on 5 stone with my first pregnancy. I have no excuse now though as she turned 18 a couple of months ago!!!

Well done hun, you're doing brilliantly! Don't beat yourself up too much, it was just a slip and we all do it eventually, but we all learn through that mistake, that we're human, we fault and we can make better decisions when we're faced with a situation again :)

Well feeling great today, saw the gp who was thrilled with my 3kg loss and said it's exactly what he is looking for. Left with a new prescription and a spring on my step! Also went to the gym and had a really good session. I'm doing aqua aerobics tomorrow too, it's so much fun, you will love it and the water helps with any aches and pains. Hope you all are having a good start to the week x

3 more pounds and you're at your first stone, quite an acheivement! Well done :)

Well tomorrow is wi in day and I feel like I've had a good week mentally but not sure my loss will be high, but I'm on with that, this is not meant to be a quick fix, it's meant to be a life long one, must remember that! I've eaten fairly well, I am aware that there are times when I still out for other reasons than hunger like boredom, stress, etc! Definitely need to work on that. Will let you know how I do tomorrow

:( I stayed the same today, not sure how I feel about that. Trying to make the scales not as important as making a healthy change for life, but finding it hard today. I know my exercise has been great, my food has been all within the rules, but I know there are times I am overeating becuase I justify in my head I have extra calories due to exercise and then eat a lot of the WW cakes or something like that, it's not a good way to eat, food should be for nutrition right now, not 'because I can.'

Bah - hopefully will feel better tomorrow, thinking about trying exante, but also know this is the way I should do things, fed up, head is a mess, off for a swim!

sts the same is better than a gain, if you had gained you would of felt ten times worse. My doctor always said its not necessarily about the weight loss or how you look its about the health and how you feel yourself. but i think we all get disappointed if we dont see it on the scales.

Hi Gemma

Don't get too disheartened about sts, at least it wasn't a gain. Keep going!

K x

Aww hey hun, c'mon now... I know exactly how it feel, and I know how you feel right now with the messed head, but you've got to pull through this, and I know you can!!

Sometimes we can everything right, and yet our bodies just won't let it go, but we have to come back tougher next week. This isn't going to be easier, if you want this hun, then you gotta be prepared to fight for it, so shake it off, draw a line under it and start again!

If I was going to offer you a tinsy bit of advice.. whatever cals i burn I never eat the extra allowance it gives me, cos you're just eating what you've burned, and it makes the burning of cals pointless.. if you can go without the extra exercise allowance then I would.

See you tomorrow!!...bright and early with a fighting head on, y'here me ;)

Thanks all for the kind words. And the kick up the bum I needed! I will do this, I won't quit till I get to my goal, but really thinking of doing a vlcd for a bit to speed up this process! I know this is how I want to and can eat for the rest of my life. Gonna keep going this week and see where I get.

I totally here you hun...I'm hopefully going to be starting my cd next wednesday, if you do switch, we'll help each other :)

well I've decided to move over to exante for a while. The plan is that I keep going to my GP and getting the pills as I will want them again when close to target, and he might not let me have them then! hehe. Feeling in a good place mentally, feel ready to take control again. I've not felt out of control on xenical at all, infact I've been really pleased with how well I have been eating. But I want results, fast. I'll be back at full time work in September which will only make things harder to fit in time wise, so this way I will get a nice head start.

I absolutely love mfp and feel this is a tool I will continue to use when refeeding, but for now, I'm excited to start losing this weight fast. You see, when I lost my weight last year I got rid of all my big clothes, meaning I have had to buy a few new pieces in a size 20 :cry:. I have a wardrobe full of size 12's and want to get back into them, so sick of wearing the same 3/4 tops and bottoms, so now is the time to do this!

I'll keep checking in here to see how you are all doing, but will be popping onto exante for support for now. Good luck ladies and thank you for all helping in some way in my journey xx

Hi hun, I had a feeling you would go to Exante, and I totally understand the reasons why, I'm hopefully starting Exante or cd next week, but I'll be keeping my diary here, I'll pop over to see Exante and see how you're doing.

Good luck!!
xx

Back