Step 1 Sole Source Gemma's Journey

Morning, what a spring morning here in Glasgow :O Lets build a snowman!! Haha!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOL, it's mad, isn't it? Feels like we've had about 3 winters this year (and I'm one hell of a lot further south than you!). Think we may need to have another Christmas, never mind about Easter... :D

I think it's chilly everywhere today! where I am it's weather warnings for heavy snow tonight and tomorrow! Fun times :) lol xx

Hello All. Happy Weekend!! :)
Day 6 of restart. Week 9 Day 1 altogether.

Okay so still not in Ketosis according to the urine sticks I'm using which I can't quite understand because I've been 100% Baffling :/ so I feel tired, no energy, grumpy and of course hungry grrr...
I'm drinking plenty of water, tea and Coffee to try n fill me up
I'm actually at the point of is this all worth it?
Anyway weekends menu plan
Saturday
Breakfast - Strawberry Mousse
Lunch - Vanilla Mousse
Diner - Mushroom Omelette
Desert - Chocolate Shake (Hot)

Sunday
Breakfast - Cappuccino Shake
Lunch - Mint Chocolate Bar
Diner - Cottage Cheese & Green Salad
Desert- Banana Mousse

Hello All. Happy Weekend!! :)
Day 6 of restart. Week 9 Day 1 altogether.

Okay so still not in Ketosis according to the urine sticks I'm using which I can't quite understand because I've been 100% Baffling :/ so I feel tired, no energy, grumpy and of course hungry grrr...
I'm drinking plenty of water, tea and Coffee to try n fill me up
I'm actually at the point of is this all worth it?
Anyway weekends menu plan
Saturday
Breakfast - Strawberry Mousse
Lunch - Vanilla Mousse
Diner - Mushroom Omelette
Desert - Chocolate Shake (Hot)

Sunday
Breakfast - Cappuccino Shake
Lunch - Mint Chocolate Bar
Diner - Cottage Cheese & Green Salad
Desert- Banana Mousse

Of course it's worth it :) how much have you lost all together now? Apparently them sticks aren't always accurate..?! Hopefully you will hit ketosis soon. I have 7 weeks until my holiday now. need to get back onto it good and proper tomorrow.. but got a feeling it'll be hard! xx

I have been a seriously miserable ***** today. My OH has taken it off me all day. Oh dear and I can't help it either like PMS.

I have been a seriously miserable ***** today. My OH has taken it off me all day. Oh dear and I can't help it either like PMS.

Ahh Gem.. are you feeling better today? when do you get weighed? xx

Ahh Gem.. are you feeling better today? when do you get weighed? xx

Hey I think I was just having a bad day yesterday feeling sorry for myself or not being able to eat normally without being fat then angry at myself for letting myself get fat in the first place. My partner is built like a bean pole and is constantly eating. hard to watch. Emotions all over the place!! Feeling better this morning, just don't understand why I'm not in ketosis yet? Maybe I should give up the bars this week n see if that makes a difference?!? xx

Hey I think I was just having a bad day yesterday feeling sorry for myself or not being able to eat normally without being fat then angry at myself for letting myself get fat in the first place. My partner is built like a bean pole and is constantly eating. hard to watch. Emotions all over the place!! Feeling better this morning, just don't understand why I'm not in ketosis yet? Maybe I should give up the bars this week n see if that makes a difference?!? xx

I understand where your coming from, my fella is so skinny but can eat anything. perhaps it would be good to miss the bars out but I didn't think that stopped ketosis? what is your BMI? have you thought about maybe doing 810 to see if that brings back your losses? xx

I understand where your coming from, my fella is so skinny but can eat anything. perhaps it would be good to miss the bars out but I didn't think that stopped ketosis? what is your BMI? have you thought about maybe doing 810 to see if that brings back your losses? xx

We are just jealous of their natural skinniness lol....my BMI 25, yeah I'm thinking about it actually xx

We are just jealous of their natural skinniness lol....my BMI 25, yeah I'm thinking about it actually xx

maybe it's worth speaking to your consultant about it on Wednesday :) x

Hey Gemzo,, glad youre feeling a bit better.. it is 100% worth it! i came off to have an operation and stayed off..eekkk undid 3 weeks worth of 100%-ing!.. stick at it lovely.

Those ketostix are not always 100% accurate, but as Lily said to me,, its not that one day youre not in and the next you are,, you are continually in different stages of it. If youve stuck to it 100% so far, youll be in ketosis! yay!... also, my CC says no more than 3 bars a week, hope that helps .x

Hey Gemzo,, glad youre feeling a bit better.. it is 100% worth it! i came off to have an operation and stayed off..eekkk undid 3 weeks worth of 100%-ing!.. stick at it lovely.

Those ketostix are not always 100% accurate, but as Lily said to me,, its not that one day youre not in and the next you are,, you are continually in different stages of it. If youve stuck to it 100% so far, youll be in ketosis! yay!... also, my CC says no more than 3 bars a week, hope that helps .x

Eeek! no more than 3 a week?! just shows you what each consultant says, mine said one a day but nothing about the weekly allowance xx

Morning

I got my scales back out of my mums house on Sunday. I needed to not have them at the start of this diet but I feel I now need them again to keep me going.
On Sunday my brother asked me what's wrong I look gaunt, my mum said my face is all drawn in and my boyfriend says I've not been myself for a few weeks and wants me to start eating properly so that I have energy.
So taking this all on board as I do feel pretty crappy. Like my body is running on empty. I'm going to do a week of Step 3 minus the carbs and fruit with evening meal (810-850 calories per day) and see what happens, I started this yesterday and already am feeling a bit better :)
I had:
Breakfast - Strawberry Shake + 40g porridge made with water.
Lunch - Bowl of green salad with zero fat dressing + Malt Toffee Bar
Diner - Mushroom & Broccoli Omelette
Snack - 1/2 pint skimmed milk used throughly the day.
Sunday WI 10.10.5
Monday WI 10.9.5
Tuesday WI 10.7.5
Must have gave my metabolism a wee kick up the butt. See how it goes after a week xx

Morning

I got my scales back out of my mums house on Sunday. I needed to not have them at the start of this diet but I feel I now need them again to keep me going.
On Sunday my brother asked me what's wrong I look gaunt, my mum said my face is all drawn in and my boyfriend says I've not been myself for a few weeks and wants me to start eating properly so that I have energy.
So taking this all on board as I do feel pretty crappy. Like my body is running on empty. I'm going to do a week of Step 3 minus the carbs and fruit with evening meal (810-850 calories per day) and see what happens, I started this yesterday and already am feeling a bit better :)
I had:
Breakfast - Strawberry Shake + 40g porridge made with water.
Lunch - Bowl of green salad with zero fat dressing + Malt Toffee Bar
Diner - Mushroom & Broccoli Omelette
Snack - 1/2 pint skimmed milk used throughly the day.
Sunday WI 10.10.5
Monday WI 10.9.5
Tuesday WI 10.7.5
Must have gave my metabolism a wee kick up the butt. See how it goes after a week xx

Hey Gemz, I think it's a good idea you've gone onto a higher plan, hopefully you will start to feel better and see the weight drop off again :) xx

Hey Gemz, I think it's a good idea you've gone onto a higher plan, hopefully you will start to feel better and see the weight drop off again :) xx

Thanks for your support Alli :) it's been really good...
How's you today? Day 3 of SS must be hard going from step 2 down to SS? xx

Thanks for your support Alli :) it's been really good...
How's you today? Day 3 of SS must be hard going from step 2 down to SS? xx

Yeah it has to be honest especially after my carbfest at the weekend but all I'm getting is mild headaches, nothing too bad and 4.5lbs of my birthday weight has gone so hopefully with doing SS for the next week before WI I can get a good chunk off (wishful thinking) lol.
Are you still getting weighed tomorrow? do you think your consultant will be supportive of your decision to move up? I think you need to move up when your BMI hits 25 so maybe it's been on the cards for a week or two :) our bodies are very weird!!
I have my cousins hen night in 3 weeks so I'm hoping to be in the lower half of the 12's for then :) and do SS on days off and SS+ at work.
Do you find it difficult on days off? xx

hey gem hope your ok :) x

Back