Step 1 Sole Source Gemma's Summer CWP Journey - 5 St to lose!

gembeb

So I'm back again!

It's been years and years since I first tried CWP, and I lost a lot of weight last time (2st!) but I gave up, didn't wean myself off it properly, and piled it all back on again, plus a little extra just to **** with me.

So I've spent the past few years on and off again with Weightwatchers, and I've just found I don't have the willpower or the organisation to sort myself out with healthy meals every day,and to top it off, I'm impatient! If I'm only losing 1 lb a week, I swiftly lost the motivation to stick with it.

So I'm back, in a new area, with a new amazing consultant, and I'm determined to stick with it,through all the stages.

It's day 2 today, and I've been on it 100%. I've been chugging the water and peeing like there's no tomorrow! But feeling healthy, and lighter already (because I'm not bloated and full of bloody pasta probably!).

I am hungry, so I've been munching on some ice. Depressing.

But overall I'm feeling really positive! Let's hope this time is it.

Hey Gem. I am a re-starter as well. Did a VLCD diet two years ago. Lost around 25 lbs and then like you didn't wean myself off properly. Am now almost 200 lbs! Today's day 1 for me. All the best to you. Here's to helping each other through this. And I'm sure this time it is it!

Hey Gem. I am a re-starter as well. Did a VLCD diet two years ago. Lost around 25 lbs and then like you didn't wean myself off properly. Am now almost 200 lbs! Today's day 1 for me. All the best to you. Here's to helping each other through this. And I'm sure this time it is it!

Hi Obs! :)

How did your first day go? I'm on day 4 now, I've drunk 4 litres of water and hat two shakes and the Macaroni Cheese (which tastes much better than expected). I've been struggling a little with hunger, but keep distracting myself with liquids.

Still feeling positive! We just need to keep telling ourselves our body is worth it.

Hi Obs! :)

How did your first day go? I'm on day 4 now, I've drunk 4 litres of water and hat two shakes and the Macaroni Cheese (which tastes much better than expected). I've been struggling a little with hunger, but keep distracting myself with liquids.

Still feeling positive! We just need to keep telling ourselves our body is worth it.

First day went well. Almost done with my third day, and I am quite happy so far. This time I have been super careful about my water intake and popped a painkiller on day 2 before my hunger headache worsened. I have to say week 1 has been going well so far. Still have 4 days to go, so let me not speak too soon. How're you doing?

Hi guys! Hope all is well today! I'm on day 10! Yesterday was a long and tiring day today however being back at work has helped me and water drinking has slowed today with only 2.2 litres consumed so need to drink a lot more later on. Hoping for a bigger weightloss even though I know a lose is a lose! I was hungry and chewed on ice! Hope ur both having a positive day today! Good luck on weigh in days and keep me updated! I need to stick to this plan this time as before I lost two stone then I gave up after an event so this time I mean business! I take each day as it comes lol I even had to cook for a party Saturday which was so hard! Keep motivated ladies we can do this x

Hi guys! Hope all is well today! I'm on day 10! Yesterday was a long and tiring day today however being back at work has helped me and water drinking has slowed today with only 2.2 litres consumed so need to drink a lot more later on. Hoping for a bigger weightloss even though I know a lose is a lose! I was hungry and chewed on ice! Hope ur both having a positive day today! Good luck on weigh in days and keep me updated! I need to stick to this plan this time as before I lost two stone then I gave up after an event so this time I mean business! I take each day as it comes lol I even had to cook for a party Saturday which was so hard! Keep motivated ladies we can do this x

Taking each day as it comes is a good policy Lucyann. 2 stone loss in the past is great. I did exactly the same as you. Lost 2 stones and then gave up. All the weight and some morepiled back on in two years. The good thing about this diet is that you know you will lose if you keep at it. I have to stick it out for at least 12 weeks to drop some significant weight. Sounds daunting considering I have just completed 1 week. 11 more weeks to go. But I know I will do it this time. Let's stick together through this. We can all do it!

Gem we haven't heard from you. How are you holding up?

hey,
I know the thought of 11 weeks is tough! Plus in two weeks time I have two events! But other than those two I'm determined! Week 2 is being tough for me and I don't know why. Just making sure I drink plenty of water and I'm moving a bit more however I've felt energised today although I now have crashed lol. Hoping this is the final and hoping to loose a stone a month if not more. Just making sure I stay positive, sounds silly but my face already feels less puffy! Keep in touch. We can all do this X Day 10 is almost complete x

Taking each day as it comes is a good policy Lucyann. 2 stone loss in the past is great. I did exactly the same as you. Lost 2 stones and then gave up. All the weight and some morepiled back on in two years. The good thing about this diet is that you know you will lose if you keep at it. I have to stick it out for at least 12 weeks to drop some significant weight. Sounds daunting considering I have just completed 1 week. 11 more weeks to go. But I know I will do it this time. Let's stick together through this. We can all do it!

Gem we haven't heard from you. How are you holding up?

Hi Obs!

Sorry I didn't reply last week, I've been manic! Had my first weigh in, and only lost 3lb! I was really hoping for that big first week loss. But hopefully my body will catch up and this week it will be more! I'm trying to up my activity levels a bit, walked 8 bloody miles on Saturday! My hips did not thank me.

Second week and everything is evening out, not hungry now unless it's time for the next product. Trying to eat roughly the same time everyday so my body knows what's going on. Water consumption is always at least 2.5 litres, but should be trying for more!

@LucyAnn29 I'm also finding it so much easier while I'm at work, no snacks laying around to tenot me, and so busy I don't have time to think about it! Actually haven't been tempted to cheat at all yet.

Day 10 for me here too. Seems longer!

Favourite products?

Hi Obs!

Sorry I didn't reply last week, I've been manic! Had my first weigh in, and only lost 3lb! I was really hoping for that big first week loss. But hopefully my body will catch up and this week it will be more! I'm trying to up my activity levels a bit, walked 8 bloody miles on Saturday! My hips did not thank me.

Second week and everything is evening out, not hungry now unless it's time for the next product. Trying to eat roughly the same time everyday so my body knows what's going on. Water consumption is always at least 2.5 litres, but should be trying for more!

@LucyAnn29 I'm also finding it so much easier while I'm at work, no snacks laying around to tenot me, and so busy I don't have time to think about it! Actually haven't been tempted to cheat at all yet.

Favourite products?

Hey I know water consumption is at least 2.5 I am allowing milk for tea and coffee. That's the only think I'm worried about is the timings I'm having my products however my consultant said it was fine to have them when I want so I have one at lunch time which is usually 12.00noon ( although at weekends I have this later) my second one is roughly between half 4/half 5 and then my last one is 9 o clock. My favourite product has to be the mint chocolate I have this one x2 a day and have mixed with vanilla and chocolate ( I can't have any of the berry ones as I'm alergic) im trying to stick to shakes for now the thought of chewing ( sounds weird) but it would make me want to eat more so I'm sticking to just milkshakes until I'm sick of them and will try to being mixing bars and maybe the food packs like pasta. I'm not a fan of the soups ( mainly because il want bread with them and porriages I find powdery but that's me personally) I had the pre made chocolate shake today and I have to say it tasted 100 percent better than if I had the powdered one made up so Friday I may invest. When's your weigh day? Mines Friday at the end of the day. I had the same weightloss as you so I'm looking for a bigger weightloss this time. I wanted for my first month a stone and a half because last time I tried this diet i lost 2 stone in 5 weeks however I don't think this will happen this time round but I am staying positive. I keep going on my scales but they are different and are out so it's not really helping, I know I shouldn't. I have so much weight to lose 5 stone 11 pounds but we will do this day by day. I have been so emotional about life in general lately so this is helping me control some aspect of my life at the moment. Have a good day number 11 tomorrow you can do it

Hello! Wow you're all doing so well! I'm trying CWP for the first time ever and struggled the first week. I'm on day 14- weigh in is tonight! Lost 14.5 lbs in week 1. Delighted! It's massively slowed down now but that's to be expected! I've got another 6 stone 12 to go....but not thinking about that yet!!

I'm also thinking the puffiness in my face had gone, but not noticed anything else yet! I'm so impatient....lol! Doing 6 weeks straight- then I'm on holiday for a week. So it's nice to look forward to a (hopefully) controlled "break"

Best of luck everyone- love hearing about your journeys xx

Hi Obs!

Favourite products?

Hey Gem. I know 3 lbs sounds low. But the first time around on CD I had around the same loss. Maybe half a lb more. You may want to go little easy on the activity levels. They say that you shouldn't do any exercise for the first two months till you body adjust to the VLCD. The last time I had done CD I had waited for 2 weeks and then started doing Zumba in week 3. My weight loss that week dropped to 1.3 lbs. Somebody on the forum had said that it may have been because of the exercise. It seems that when you're on limited calories your body starts burning fat. When you add exercise to this mix your body starts holding on to the fat and your metabolism drops. Am not sure if this is true. It doesn't make sense logically. But I did stop exercising. No point taking chances. The following week my weight loss went back up to 3+ lbs.
Just hang in there. This diet works! You just have to stick to it.

hey,
I know the thought of 11 weeks is tough! Plus in two weeks time I have two events! But other than those two I'm determined! Week 2 is being tough for me and I don't know why. Just making sure I drink plenty of water and I'm moving a bit more however I've felt energised today although I now have crashed lol. Hoping this is the final and hoping to loose a stone a month if not more. Just making sure I stay positive, sounds silly but my face already feels less puffy! Keep in touch. We can all do this X Day 10 is almost complete x

Hey Lucyann. I am on day 11 today and I have been so low on energy the past few days. I hope it passes. I work long hours and commute to and back from office for 2 hours everyday in crazy traffic. I hope my energy levels go up next week. Maybe I need more sleep. On an average I manage only around 6 hours of sleep.
And no, it doesn't sound silly. I feel lighter already. Face and hands are less puffy. My watch and rings feel less tight. So yes, we can totally do it!

Gem exercise tends to stall my weight loss as well which i have found in the past with me lol. Im on day one so very early days last time i did this was quite long while ago lol but in general vlcd do work. I shrank to 8-10 last time was on cd of course had lot less to lose back then as well i am aiming for the full 12 weeks as well mainly liquids if i can help it as i reli want to see visible results and on the scales as wel so fingers crossed the fact that im impatient porbz doesmt help at all lol x

Hi obs, That's so strange I've been thinking my rings feel lighter but didn't tell anyone that. Well I've been on s course and was told depending weight and height also determines how much sleep we have. I thought I was just a simple 6-7 hours but I'm actually supposed to have 9 hours which is impossible for me lol aww I used to work in an office do know how u feel. I'm a lecturer now so I'm on my feet most of the time. X , post: 7979385, member: 135386"]Hey Lucyann. I am on day 11 today and I have been so low on energy the past few days. I hope it passes. I work long hours and commute to and back from office for 2 hours everyday in crazy traffic. I hope my energy levels go up next week. Maybe I need more sleep. On an average I manage only around 6 hours of sleep.
And no, it doesn't sound silly. I feel lighter already. Face and hands are less puffy. My watch and rings feel less tight. So yes, we can totally do it![/QUOTE]

Hi Gem and all,

I'm finding a lot of motivation and ideas for strength on this forum. I hadn't realised exercise could hinder results. I will stay away from that for now although I have 2 dogs, small kind they do need their walks, will just stick with that I was tempted to do more from week 2, but will happily give that a miss.

I'm only on day 4, I've toyed with it a couple times these past two years but was never in the right mental space, whereas I like to think I am now.

So here's to each day as it comes and before I know it I hope to be at my goal❤️❤️❤️❤️

Xx

I think i will start wokring out maybe week 9 or 10 depending on whereabouts i am by then but for now last thing i need is hinder losses in anyway thats why im not taking no risks lol with bars or beanies or flavoured tea for now maybe a few weeks down the line but for now wil be sticking to just shakes the odd soups and water full on basics u will and be sooner then h think awwww love dogs and animals of al kinda actually wel apart from spiders have a irrational phobia of them :/ x

Hi obs, That's so strange I've been thinking my rings feel lighter but didn't tell anyone that. Well I've been on s course and was told depending weight and height also determines how much sleep we have. I thought I was just a simple 6-7 hours but I'm actually supposed to have 9 hours which is impossible for me lol aww I used to work in an office do know how u feel. I'm a lecturer now so I'm on my feet most of the time. X , post: 7979385, member: 135386"]Hey Lucyann. I am on day 11 today and I have been so low on energy the past few days. I hope it passes. I work long hours and commute to and back from office for 2 hours everyday in crazy traffic. I hope my energy levels go up next week. Maybe I need more sleep. On an average I manage only around 6 hours of sleep.
And no, it doesn't sound silly. I feel lighter already. Face and hands are less puffy. My watch and rings feel less tight. So yes, we can totally do it!
[/QUOTE]

Hey Lucyann. I didn't know that our height and weight determines the amount of sleep we need. Am going to google that. Not that it'll do me much good. Besides the long working hours, I'm a bit of an insomniac. But I am trying to get as much sleep as possible. I have to work harder at it. Gosh! Everything is hard work. Like they say no good thing comes easy. If it's easy then it can't be all that good. XO

Yes definitely worth a read ... well my course I went on with work showed me that with s PowerPoint so god knows if it's correct haha! I know it's true nothing is easy however this hot weather is doing wonders for my vitamin D intake lol QUOTE="Obs, post: 7979546, member: 135386"][/QUOTE]

Hey Lucyann. I didn't know that our height and weight determines the amount of sleep we need. Am going to google that. Not that it'll do me much good. Besides the long working hours, I'm a bit of an insomniac. But I am trying to get as much sleep as possible. I have to work harder at it. Gosh! Everything is hard work. Like they say no good thing comes easy. If it's easy then it can't be all that good. XO[/QUOTE]

Well cinema over and it was awesome I watched the cheesy film that is baywatch lol wearing my new hippie style dress and sandals and I felt so tanned! I had a large Americano and a 750 ml bottle of water that I polished off lol my cousins complimented me on how much my skin looks clearer and is softer which is lovely to hear! Roll on week 3 I can do this I am nervous about Friday when I'm out for a meal but going to check the menu and see the best options. I wanted to lose 1.7 stone in this time and still could be reachable but we shall see it means I need to lose another 10 pounds in two weeks! Hopefully I shall stay positive Anyway let's keep going guys we've got this!

Good morning lucy ann u have so got this :) ur outfit sounds lovely and omg i want to watch baywatch haha how was it? Zac efron has changed so much since his high school musical days lol i remmebr those movies like it was yesterday lol :) uv been on this plan for two weeks already thats fabulous :) x

Back