Gems Weight Loss Diary.. Hi All xxx

Gem8133

Hello All,

So here goes.. i am starting my own thread and i wanted to first say Hello! My name is Gemma and i am 28, i live in east Sussex. I am a carer for my mother and also work with children in care. I do not have any children of my own (yet) i have a great boyfriend who is supportive and although he says 'he loves me the way i am' i look in the mirror and do not recognise my self, i have lost my bounce.. if that makes sense :(

I have tried various diets before, i had excellent weight loss with Lighterlife. But shortly after the weight started to pile on and i was diagnosed with PCOS.

In March of this year i had back surgery and i guess i was putting off the excercise due to the back pain, now i really have no excuses.. i have to shift this weight. :wave_cry:

I am at my heaviest weight now and i need to turn my life around. I wentto the doctors today and they have prescribed me Xenical 120mg tablets. So as of tomorrow i shall be giving them a go. So here is to my new life.. I really need to do this.

I hope you guys dont mind me starting a thread but i am going to use this as a diary to keep track of what is happening in my diet life. Please feel free to comment at any time i could really do with the support.

Gems xxx

Good luck Gems! I've just completed week 3 and have found that coming here and setting up a ticker in my signature has really helped keep me on the straight and narrow.

Hi Gems just read your reply on my thread so its great to see your thread on here. I am only a week ahead of you so I am sure we can be of support to each other over the coming months (well years if I am realistic).

Welcome to the forums gem, if you have any problems or wanna know something just ask :D most of us wont bite.

Evening All,

I hope you have all had a good day.. mine hasnt been great lots of stress going on.. to be honest guys i dont know what i am doing.. i have taken two xenical pills today, totally missed breakfast.. i am going to have a fresh start at this tomorrow.. but any hints will be a great help.. sorry if i sound mad this evening i am heading off to bed now so hopefully tomorrow will be a good day xx

Hi Gems it can be difficult so don't worry. I basically started by sitting and planning my full weeks food diary. I worked it so less than 1800 calories a day and my meals don't contain any more than 12g of fat really. Oh and eating nothing with more than 5g of fat per 100g. The best way I found to do this was using the tesco website. I am already registered for home delivery although don't use the service any more but it lists the nutritional data for pretty much every item which is great. So anything I fancied I just checked. Hope that helps.

Welcome & Good Luck x

I also pop onto Tesco online to check stuff. I also use myfitnesspal.com to keep a track on the cals/fat content etc in the food I eat

x

Hi and welcome. I too am new to xenical and have just been shopping and it is amazing how much fat some things have that we never ever check but just eat. I am on day 5 of taking the tablets and as yet I do not feel any different but I am aware that everyone is different and it could take a while for my stomach to get use to it. Thing is I am determined this time to get my weight down as I am so fed up with being fat and frumpy.

This site seems the place to make friends and share things which is fantastic as we are all in the same boat so lets work together and get rid of those excess pounds.

Once again good luck - Sue x

Back