Genealogy?

Lolacola, I live in Normandy so if I can help at all, give me a shout.

Thanks Leapfrog :D I made a tree up on Ancestry as Britmum mentioned and I've had replies from relatives in Canada already :d

After reading this thread I decided to sign up to ancestry.co.uk and spent some time working on my family tree. So far I've traced relatives from Ireland and relatives who have emigrated to Canada/USA. It's really addictive and interesting

What a great thread. I have done a lot of research as my grandfather immigrated to Canada in 1918 (I'm Canadian living in UK) and we never knew where he was born, simply that he was born in Belgium. Online I met up with a group that did research in Belgium and we actually found the little village he lived in. His village was only 4 miles away from a neighbouring village in which all the inhabitants had been killed during the war. A lot of my family have now come here to visit and we have taken them to this little village near Luxembourg to the cemetary where there are lots of gravestones from the family. Fascinating and very emotional as they never thought they would know.

Some lovely stories, genealogy is fascinating because it is your own history rather than someone elses. It can get really addictive, especially when you discover interesting stories.

I am currently trying to update all mine, as I have bits of paper and information all over the place.

just to let all of you who are interested in genealogy know that ancestry.co.uk has free access to all UK census records for tomorrow only :)

Back