General Questions About Slimming World

I don't know if this is tht e right place to post this - but - does anyone else worry about portion sizes on slimming world?

For instance last night I had a syn free spag bol about 6pm. Then it got to about 8.30pm when I would normally go and grab some crisps, sweets, biscuits etc. Instead I had another smaller portion of dinner. My partner looked at me as though I was mad and said 'surely that can't be a diet'! I see what he means as I was eating loads, but at least I avoided the sweets and my food diary looks great as I had no syns!

Any thoughts?

It sounds like you are doing EE.

While its ok to have another smaller portion as a snack on EE they do try and encourage you to snack on superfree foods if you are still wanting something to eat.

The idea is you eat til satisfied and not to eat it til they are stuffed.

Some people who have been in my group in the past have made it a personal challenge to eat as much food as they can then wonder why they have lost little or no weight.

I also think its a good idea to use some of your syns even if you had added some puree to your bolognese or a sprinkle of cheese on top.

If I'm hungry first I'll have fruit, my hex's, then free food. I have been known to have superfree noodles for my supper, but I always add some veggies to it and to be honest it does make a lot for supper:rolleyes:

But as long as you eat only when hungry, don't stuff yourself & make sure 1/3 plate is superfree foods then you'll be fine.

SW does take a bit of getting used to but the scales will tell you next week it does work.

Definately have a minimum of 5 syns per day, not having them doesn't mean you will lose more weight;)

Are noodles superfree? I thought they were just free food and it was only fruit and veg that was superfree?

Definately have your syns, It's counter-productive, as there are many people on here who have had bigger losses when they've increased their syn intake. One of the reasons SW is so succesful is because the syns allowance stops us falling off the wagon, by having small treats. Flexi-syn days are allowed as one day doesn't break a diet, but it's the positive feeling that you're in control and get straight back on the diet, that keeps the plan working.

Enjoy those syns!!

as soon as i started eating my syns and stopped being afraid of eating so much the weight falls off dont question it embrace it thats my moto .... aint many eating plans where you can actually eat proper good meals

Are noodles superfree? I thought they were just free food and it was only fruit and veg that was superfree?

Definately have your syns, It's counter-productive, as there are many people on here who have had bigger losses when they've increased their syn intake. One of the reasons SW is so succesful is because the syns allowance stops us falling off the wagon, by having small treats. Flexi-syn days are allowed as one day doesn't break a diet, but it's the positive feeling that you're in control and get straight back on the diet, that keeps the plan working.

Enjoy those syns!!

No aren't they called Superfree, not superfree as in SW food:rolleyes:

Yes, I worry about portion size too but actually over time I have found that my portion sizes (on the whole) have naturally reduced. I still eat large portions but don't feel I need as much although I still have a tendency to put too much on the plate. If you are snacking on 'meals' try to keep the proportion of superfree as high as possible (Eg bolognaise with loads of veggies etc).

Stick with it and hopefully things will change naturally.

Gail x

I keep an eye on portion sizes but don't worry too much.
I have used smaller plates and also serve meals in bowls sometimes - like last night I had chilli and rice but instead of on a dinner plate, I had it in a bowl. It naturally reduced the amount I ate, and I told myself I could have seconds if I wanted to.

Another thought is to use the B choice portion sizes as a guideline - so have a 198g jacket potato or however many g of chicken it is on a green day as a B choice.

Load up on the superfree too :) Good luck

Back