Gerbil Story!

nadhak

LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE
:D8 weeks ago we bought 2 male Gerbils [as my son found a poorly mouse in the garden and tried to adopt it by bringing it into his badroom in a shoe box! We thought a pet would pacify him]
We actually went to buy a hamster but were told gerbils were tamer and more fun!
We had to buy 2 as they hate solitude, so decided on 2 males.
They played piggy back [hmmmm] so went back to the pet store to be told Males do that!
Guess what we have now got 6!
Been a great Biology lasson for the kids but it could only happen to me!
We have had to separate the male [petshop let us have a free cage]:wave_cry: and poor old Jakers is quite sad on his own!
Just hope the babies will be ok with their mum!

gerbils ahh i hate them lol,
mine use to chew my hands off

in my opinon the best cage pet to buy a child is a rat,
eeww for some but they are great,
my kids have grown up with mine in the last 10 years god knows how many i had in that time, i use to rescue them to when no one wanted them, they are/can be realy friendly, pick them up put them in a massive ball, stroke them and so on, they are just great, even the 2 cats dont go near the one i have now :)

No please!!!! Rats!!!!
Yeugh - I am sure they make lovely pets but we have wild ones and they so scare me -I feel for your poor ickle pussycat!!!
Actually the gerbils have never bitten me - even mum when I have handled her little ones has not bitten me, so I must have tame ones!
Now the rabbit - thats another story - its the most unsociable grumpy thing ever!!!
LOL!

lol, ur not alone i even run from wild rats ;)
i must of had the devils gerbil, horrid lil thing lols :rolleyes:
rabbits hhmm i use to have a home one, lil ******* for chewing and chasing the cat lol(only had 1 cat at time)

Back