Diary of an 5:2 Insaniac!!

Tell me about it!! I can tell he loves me. The guy is totally whipped and worships the ground I walk on yet won't admit he loves me. He lives in la la land of denial. Hes like... "i'm oblivious to my feelings... I don't understand them.. so I don't know."

Loser.

Can't live with them, can't live without them hey! haha

thankyou piri im still fat didnt do well with sw just couldnt get my head around the sins also bcos always did ww was mixing both diets up so having a break and back on it after my holidays end of may will start fresh agaiiiiiiiiin but your doing great keep it up

Have you tried doing something less complicated and completely different like 5:2? its very easy... you only have to watch what your eating twice a week! As a hindu, i find it pretty easy as I am used to doing fasts for festivals... just need to make sure I don't go over my 500 allowance.. but you'd be surprised what you can eat for 500 cals!

I am absolutely starving today!! ive had my brownie and grapes, and then I was asked to clear our a bunch of boxes and around 2000 books. Sweated my pants off! Wrong day to wear a black jumper.. I was KNACKERED!
But now my stomach is growling! Only another half hour till lunch but I'm ravenous!

On another note, those of you using myfitnesspal, am I the only one irritated that they are introducing a premium membership, with a feature I was hoping they would incorporate.. different goals for different days! This would have been perfect for 5:2ers.. but now we would have to pay to have that luxury! :mad: :mad:

Priyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I found you :D:D:D been having a read and a giggle at your diary lol

Youve done fantastic hunni well done - im knackered just reading about your exercise lol - its good to see you back and happy in love chick xx

Heyyy!! thanks for stopping by my page! just wanted to show some love to your page as well!
Glad that there is finally a 5:2er that I can talk to haha!

Well done on your journey so far! you have done amazingly well! I am hoping I can get similar results lol! I am upping my exercise now as well but I am no way nearrrr ready for Insanity lol! I have a PT every 2 weeks and I am sure that what he makes me do is probably tame in comparison and I am usually lying in a heap on the floor by the end of it lol

Keep it up and I look forward to reading more about your journey :) xx

Morning all! WOOOOOOOO FRIDAY!

Texty - Glad you found me! I have truly missed your enthusiasm! Hope your feeling a bit better now hun!
Hii Keep calm - lovely to hear from you! I haven't done any exercise this week due to a bad knee which sucks.. cant wait to get back onto it next week!! You'll find adding exercise really adds another dimension to weight loss and although its not necessary.. it makes you feel amazing!! AND means you can eat a little more too!!

Todays Weight: 142lbs (27.8% body fat)

Now I have new scales I can monitor my body fat too.. If I can get it down to 20-25% I will be HAPPPPYYY!!!
Back to my initial weight.. AGAIN.. christs sake this number is going to haunt me.. i can just feel it! BUT... technically tomorrow is my weigh in day, so anything below will please me.. even 0.2lbs haha

However considering I have done zilch exercise this week, thats not too bad.. If i keep at these lower cals and add back my workouts next week then maybe it will give it a bit of a boost.. idk.. wishful thinking haha

Today is non fast day.. huraah!

Here is what I have:

Meal 1: 25g oats, almond milk, cinamon, honey
Meal 2: Beltsander Brownie
Meal 3: Alpen light bar + 2 Darylea Light
Meal 4: Quorn Chilli + Fat Free Sugar Free Jelly(Left my cheese, salad AND pepper at home... DOH)
Meal 5: Strawberries + Grapes + Peanut Butter
Meal 6: Chicken Curry and Rice

Total Calories: 1225 Cals

Exercise: 1 hour walking & moving desks (yay for me!)

Always sounds like a lot of food when I type it up and then realise its actually not that much.

Tomorrow I have a day trip to London with my bestie.. so up at 7.30am and wont be back till 11pm with an awful lot of walking around..hoping that will torch some calories as I will most likely be eating crappy food tomorrow.. I have stocked up on some extra grapes and strawberries though to take on the coach with me! And Sunday will be a lazy day apart from cleaning my flat and doing the food shop. Might use that time to catch up on some of my fave TV programmes, which are:
-Vampire Diaries - CANNOT BELIEVE ELENA IS LEAVING! :(
-The Originals - Elijah is so HOT
-Empire - Absolutely have become addicted to this new one! Cookie is my FAVE
-Revenge - Gutted they are cancelling this, so only one episode left and its over :(
I'm also completely up to date with Pretty Little Liars, Better Call Saul, Mistresses, Suits & Devious Maids and just waiting for the new seasons to start!!

LOL as you can see i have no life...

Well my lunch has gone to potts!!!

Went to the market to get some fruit and veg for next week, and walked past wagamamas and they were giving free food away. I NEVER SAY NO TO FREE FOOD! Got a small tub of Chicken Katsu and a chicken dumpling. Going to swap my lunch (quorn chilli) for that and hopefully it wont have made too much of a dent.. I reckon i probably had about 1/6th of a normal portion when you go to the restaurant.. going to check it out on MFP and look at the damage!!!

Not gonna lie.. tasted damn good tho! haha

Oooooooo freebies!!! I love wagamamas especially the chicken katsu nom nom

ive enjoyed my foodage today :D

When you make the brownie thing which choc protein powder do you use, I tried it with precision from Holland and Barrett which I'll note is yucky to start with, anyway it was yucky as brownie too, so sad thought I could finally get it used! X

I use optimum nutrition. Its the only one i like the taste too.. ive tried phd before and that was awful. I even tried cellucor which many people in usa rave out but it was far too sweet. ON is on the pricey side but for me its worth it because it tastes way nicer. I have it in my oats, smoothies, brownies. Ive made chocolate chip protein banana muffins with them and they were gorgeous!!

I use optimum nutrition. Its the only one i like the taste too.. ive tried phd before and that was awful. I even tried cellucor which many people in usa rave out but it was far too sweet. ON is on the pricey side but for me its worth it because it tastes way nicer. I have it in my oats, smoothies, brownies. Ive made chocolate chip protein banana muffins with them and they were gorgeous!!

Brill thanks so much, hope you don't mind me asking but how much do you pay for it? I'm just googling it now x

Morning all!!

Waffle - I pay about £50 for a huge 5kg tub I think it is..
i use a scoop a day so go through it like crazy so the big tub lasts me around 2.5 months. I used to get the small one which is around £20-30 but i needed one per month.. so the bigger one works out cheaper. Id recommend a small bag first incase u dont like it!

Texty - thats an amazing loss!! Well done you!!

Yday was weigh in day and despite no exercise and 3 days off plan, I dropped 0.6lbs! Woo taking me down to 141.4lbs!!

Yesterday i spent the whole day roaming around Shoreditch and Camden in London. 28000 steps done and around 900 calories burnt! I did eat about 2500 cals tho which takes me to around 1600 cals overall.. not bad for a weekend. Today i plan to be lazy! Clean my flat.. do the food shop and meal prep for next week and then watch movies all day!!
Foodwise im not sure but probably looking to have oats for breakfast followed by some lentils for lunch and no idea for dinner! Ha

Plan for next week is also try and put my workouts back in.. but now its brightening up again i want to do it in the mornings. Of course on fast days that will kill me so ill stick to doing my fast day workouts in the eve. Im keeping cals around same as last week so hoping this sees me to a bigger loss this week!!

Enjoy ur Sunday everyone!!

Last edited:
Thank you for the info :)
What does your meal prep involve? X

Afternoon all!!

Waffle - It really depends on what im going to be eating during the week. I always plan a week in advance what im going to eat just so that im strict with my calories during the week. If its something that needs cooking in batch, I cook it all on Sunday and portion it out for the week so its ready.. This week I didnt need to do so much as it was just simple lunches!

Bizarrely, I weighed myself Sunday morning and I had dropped another 0.4lbs making the loss of 1lb! I know I shouldnt really count it until Saturday weigh in but I couldnt help it! LOL

Then I went into a ridiculous bing mode on Sunday!

I ate an entire chocolate loaf cake, a packet of fig rolls and a packet of wispa biscuits. I ate about 3000 calories yday! :( Up 2lbs, but thats not bad.. that should be gone by Wednesday after my fast day!

Today food:

1. Oats
2. Belsander Brownie
3. 2 Light Babybel
4. Strawberries & Grapes
5. 2 Quorn Burgers/Mash/Veg & Gravy
6. Curried Chicken and Rice

Cals: 1,340

Todays weight: 143lbs

I am going to try and get back onto my exercise today. Was planning on doing it in the morning but I couldnt wake up so I will do it after work. Today i'll be doing Insanity Max Out Cardio. Wish me luck!! LOL

That sounds a good day to me yum! I plan my food for the week too, it's usually pretty much the same stuff lol but I'm useless at lunches was looking for inspiration lol x

Haha, I know what you mean Waffle.. I always want something different, but then end up going for the same stuff over and over.

Todays weight: 142.2lbs

Woke up starving.. not good considering its a fast day. Sitting at work now with a bit of a headache too so had to make a cup of tea.. Cals are a bit over today by 100, clocking in at around 607 calories. I for some reason thought I was supposed to put ham in my salad for lunch, but I wasnt.. oops! Oh well. I started working out again yesterday so maybe the extra cals will help a bit!

Todays food:

1: Ham and Cheese salad
2: 2 scrambled eggs with 100g egg whites and 1 brown sandwich thin.

See how I feel tonight, if I have enough energy to work out! I really want to complete the last 2 weeks of IM30 before I go to New York.. then plans to start again with full force when I get back!

Looking forward to Friday! The other half is coming to stay over (which rarely happens - typical asian families wont allow it!) So were going out for dinner on Friday night.. plans are to stay as healthy as possible, so I've already decided Im having a salad! lol im so sad!

Anyways have a blessed Tuesday everyone!

Back