German syn free products needed for english SW girl!

xkatiemcx

Hi, im an english girl living over in germany for a few months for work but i have been follwing slimming world in england before i came here and was doing quite good and have put alllllll the weight back on as i dont have a clue what i am actually eating overe here.

I really need to know, is there a german equivelant to:

Frylight
Mullerlight
Low fat chicken herb supernoodles
Batchalors pasta'n'sauce packets, tomato onion and herb etc..

but also for anything else that may be syn free!

Meats, soups,rices, pasta

Also what i can use over here for my A & B choice as i always follow the extra easy plan.

Thanks guys!

i was looking for an answer for these too would!! theres a jogurt called optiwell which is amazinnng!! which i could help more but would love to know same!

where abouts do you both live? i am in bielefeld. i am lucky enough to be out here with the forces so i can get certain things from our local shop.

i have found the optiwells are fab.

Im bad fallingbostel my hubby too is with the forces i dont think the naafi is that good with healthy food the only thing i get out there really is the nimble bread and spray light really do you know any good foods to buy out here? xx

I'm married to an American so I don't often shop locally. Well, I do, but I have never been much of a one for convenience foods of any kind. Aldi and Lidl both have lots of own brand stuff that may be similar - thing to do is to look up your favourite British products on line, check the nutritional values and do a compare and contrast with the locally-available stuff. You can get Muller products here, though I don't often see Muller Light rice or yoghurts. Edeka and Real tend to have more of the branded foods and Real has an international foods section that is useful to a small extent.

Check the dairy aisle for low and reduced fat products: 0% fat Speisequark is brilliant, plain or with herbs. Use it with fruit, mixed with your favourite herbs and poured over cooked potatoes, use it in Syn-free quiche instead of cottage cheese for a different texture and flavour. There's loads of fresh produce available, so I like to fill up on whatever veg is in season (it's still Spargel time here!) as well as local strawberries.

Plain rice and pasta are the same the world over, so no worries on that score. Same goes for meat. If it's fresh, unprocessed fruit, meat, vegetables, pasta, rice, quinoa, couscous etc, it won't be any different values-wise to what you're used to.

I may have a mooch tomorrow and see what there is in the local supermarkets that is similar to Super Noodles and Pasta n Sauce. I'll let you know!

Okay, I didn't immediately find anything similar to SuperNoodles, but I forgot to have a really good look!

Real has a huge range of dried pasta and sauce products. There's a Knorr range that is meant to be healthier (I have forgotten the name of it now) and Maggi also make one. I found them near the packet soups and the sauces, so do have a look in your local supermarket for them.

Each packet makes two portions, and the Emmenthaler Macaroni that I had was a hefty 300 calories per portion so half the pack is made up and in the fridge for tomorrow or a snack later on. It was okay, as these things go, but to be honest I'd rather make my own from scratch!

Hi Ladies...
I'm over in köln and have been lookin for answers to this for weeks... can anyone confirm or deny that the 0,1% yoghurt would be syn free or not? I assumed they were but cant be sure

Hi Ladies...
I'm over in köln and have been lookin for answers to this for weeks... can anyone confirm or deny that the 0,1% yoghurt would be syn free or not? I assumed they were but cant be sure

Hello again
I can't do without the syn calculator so can check everything. I recommend joining SW online.
if you're not a member - give me the cals, protein, carbs, fat per 100g and portion size and I'll check for you x

Back