Get back on the horse!! - Alwyn's road to target

alwyn

Silver Member
I've decided to start one of these diaries as I've really lost the motivation to keep going at the moment. I'm still the biggest advert for Slimming World, but recently I've been struggling to even want to keep on plan.

So I thought if I started a diary where I could put down my thoughts and feelings and have people comment then I might be able to rekindle my initial excitement for SW!

I'm 11 weeks into my journey and have lost 8lbs so far. I'm getting a bit fed up with my consultant always saying "Well, you don't have a lot to lose" when I only lose 0.5lb (my usual weekly loss). I know we're all different but it kills me to see people (who weigh a similar amount to me, by the way) losing 2 or 3lbs a week when I struggle to lose a poxy 1/2lb!

The last couple of weeks have been very up and down. I lost 2.5lbs 2 weeks ago, which was great and really surprising, but then put 1.5 of it back on again last week, so still averaging 1/2lb a week :mad:

Any tips for trying to lose more would be very helpful, my WI is tomorrow and I've been really slack this past week and weekend, so anything other than a gain would be a positive!

I just don't want this to fade away like so many diets before and for me to end up back where I was before, fat and unhappy.

So for anyone who managed to get this far, hi, give yourself a pat on the back and hope to goodness I don't just use it as a whine!

WI last night: 2.5lbs off!!! :eek:

I'm absolutely astounded, especially after going to my sister's for the weekend and not being particularly good!! Mind you, we did take the dog for a 5 mile walk on Saturday, so that might have had something to do with it!

I'm feeling pretty sorry for myself this week. My hubby's gone skiing with his family and I'm missing him loads. I'm also quite jealous, as I love to ski as well, but when you get offered a free holiday you can't really say no, can you?

I've resigned myself to not going skiing for a couple of years. We won't be able to afford it while I'm doing my PGCE and then probably not when I'm doing my NQT year (as we'll have to go in February half term or the Easter hols). Not that I mind too much though, I'm really excited about starting my teacher training and hopefully having a career that I love.

No football tonight, the team we were supposed to play have dropped out of the league so we get an automatic 7-0 win! So I'll be either doing some jobs around the house or trying to get to the gym.

I'm signing up for a half marathon today, so I need to get training!

Hello, welcome to the forum. Fab weight loss this week, yay!! If you're feeling a bit unmotivated ask your consultant if you can sit in on the new members talk again, also, have a good sort out of your wardrobe and see all the clothes that are too big etc. I know it's frustrating but slowly but surely does win the race in the end.

:)

Back