Getting back in the saddle

nimuffin

Hi everyone,

Well the world of dieting is not new to me, if you can name a diet I'm sure I've done it! But out of all the plans I found that slimming world worked best for me. I lost 2 stone last year but then xmas came along and i feel off the wagon!! Excuses excuses! Would love to go back to group but funds are so low and i cant afford to :( I need to get back on track again so I'm really hoping that this forum will help to keep me motivated! Will be keeping my eyes peeled for low cost recipes etc. hope you are all doing well on your weight loss journeys.

Best wishes, nimuffin xxx

Hi nimuffin,

I am on rosemary conley and have been for nearly three weeks now, I lost 5lb in the first week and then had a bad week and put a 1lb back on, so 4lb total loss so far :)
Do you have any weight loss goals you are working towards? I find that always helps me. I am hoping to lose at least 2lb a week so I will be 9st12 by end of august for my holiday, hoping to do a tour of mew York, las Vegas and Los Angeles, want to wear nice clothes and (size 8/10) bikinis ;-)

Do you exercise at all? I love swimming :-D

Good luck on your journey xxxx

Hey slim jim,

Thanks for your support. I really have quite a bit to lose about 8 stone to be exact! I was always a bit on the larger side as a child but absolutely ballooned when I went to uni and met my other half! I am a health care professional and regularly advise patients on diet and lifestyle in my clinics. I feel like such a hypocrite giving health advice looking the way i do! I have a family wedding towards the end of the year and I'm starting a new job soon so those are also big goals for me! I just have terrible willpower, if only it was available on prescription :) I'm saving up to move house so will just be using nature as my gym and trying to do plenty of walking.

Are there any other health care workers on here who feel the same?

Lots of hugs x

When I started to diet I had 6 and a half stone to lose... never thought I would lose anything... managed to lose 4stone in 5 months in 2010... then came off the diet for xmas (stupid me...) never came back... well until last week anyway!

Back on it now and trying to stay focused on healthy eating and keeping track of what I do eat and so on, also doing exercise which I normally try and avoid like the plague, but shockingly Im actually enjoying it! I got an exercise bike from Argos... under £50 and when Im watching telly I peddle away, its quite amazing how many calories you can burn just from doing that! Im far too poor to go to a gym haha and also doing 50mins brisk walk daily too, must be working as I've lost 7lbs this week and Im not starving myself, only time I start to feel hungry is just before dinner.

Nimuffin ive got about the same as u to loose we will get there hun since being on sw i have been so focused i havnt had a takeaway in over 3 weeks thats when i joined so proud of myself ive got a baby girl just over 1 who keeps me on my toes so i used to eat quite alot of them to be honest but ive really enjoyed cooking the meals on the website an even gettin in to body majic abit more well done for loosing 2 stone last yr thats amazing x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins

Serenity01 said:
When I started to diet I had 6 and a half stone to lose... never thought I would lose anything... managed to lose 4stone in 5 months in 2010... then came off the diet for xmas (stupid me...) never came back... well until last week anyway!

Back on it now and trying to stay focused on healthy eating and keeping track of what I do eat and so on, also doing exercise which I normally try and avoid like the plague, but shockingly Im actually enjoying it! I got an exercise bike from Argos... under £50 and when Im watching telly I peddle away, its quite amazing how many calories you can burn just from doing that! Im far too poor to go to a gym haha and also doing 50mins brisk walk daily too, must be working as I've lost 7lbs this week and Im not starving myself, only time I start to feel hungry is just before dinner.

7lb is so gd hun well done all ur hard work paid off i do my exercise while watching t.v. Sometimes it makes the time pass much quicker lol gd luck for this week x

Serenity01 said:

Oh my goodness that's an amazing weight loss!! Well done you. Exercise bike is such a good idea. Im always so tired when i get in from work that i just flop out in front of the telly. Now cycling whilst watching telly thats a great idea! think il get on the Argos site for a wee look. Thank you and good luck. Keep it up xx

lucylou311 said:
Nimuffin ive got about the same as u to loose we will get there hun since being on sw i have been so focused i havnt had a takeaway in over 3 weeks thats when i joined so proud of myself ive got a baby girl just over 1 who keeps me on my toes so i used to eat quite alot of them to be honest but ive really enjoyed cooking the meals on the website an even gettin in to body majic abit more well done for loosing 2 stone last yr thats amazing x

I must admit I love the takeaways they would def be my downfall. They r soo tasty but def not kind on the waistline! And they are sore on the purse too. I remember trying the SW KFC chicken last time, it was yum! You sound really motivated. What is your drive?

Xx

nimuffin said:
I must admit I love the takeaways they would def be my downfall. They r soo tasty but def not kind on the waistline! And they are sore on the purse too. I remember trying the SW KFC chicken last time, it was yum! You sound really motivated. What is your drive?

Xx

My daughter shes amazing and i dont want to be the mum who dosnt get involved i want to get stuck in with her shes very active already and i just to be able to keep up lol not stuck at the sideline watchin if u know what i mean also this is my last shot ive decided if this dont work im giving up tryin ive done every diet going and keep going on the crazy milkshake diets im sick of loosing it all and puttin double bk on... So this time im not doing the whole diet thing its a life change instead so im going to give it my all as i dont want to fail myself or my daughter xx

Ewwh milkshake diets are the worst! I tried cambridge, slim fast and celeb slim ... even the thought of them make my tummy turn. Weight watchers was ok but i always felt hungry. Thats why i like SW its real food and lifestyle changes not fad diets. It sounds like your really motivated and i love that your daughter in your inspiration. I would really like to start a family soon but need to lose weight. Best of luck. We will be skinny Minnie's in no time!

Xx

nimuffin said:
Ewwh milkshake diets are the worst! I tried cambridge, slim fast and celeb slim ... even the thought of them make my tummy turn. Weight watchers was ok but i always felt hungry. Thats why i like SW its real food and lifestyle changes not fad diets. It sounds like your really motivated and i love that your daughter in your inspiration. I would really like to start a family soon but need to lose weight. Best of luck. We will be skinny Minnie's in no time!

Xx

Snap i cant stand the thought of them i also tried ww but like u was starvin and where i had limit points just felt like i constantly wanted to eat not gd i live sw for the fact it dosnt actually feel like a diet lol we will be skinny minnys soon hun i lost another 2.5lbs tonite do 1lb off my first stone xxxx

That's amazing well done!! U should be really proud of yourself!

I was going to do it on my own this time but I think I'm going to go back to group. I was trying to save the money but i think i would be more disciplined if I go to class. There is a new one in my area so I think il join up tomorrow. Feeling a bit nervous ( I get really shy in a crowd) but I will just have to think of my goals!

Hugs x

Aw u go for it hun im quite shy at times but they way i see it we have as much right as any1 else and we all go to group for the same reason so u dont u let any1 put u off or worry bout any1 else there hun let me know how u get on xxx

my drive is the shock on peoples faces when they see me after not seeing me for a while, where I lost the first 4 stone so fast and due to the type of diet I was on I shyed away from going out etc, a lot of my friends didnt see me for a few months at a time and we arranged a big xmas do, for most of them it was the first time they had seen me and I had gone from a size 20 to a size 16, a lot of them didnt realise it was me until I went to sit down, same with my family, we always get together a few times a year (ive got a huge extended family) so a lot of them dont see me other then the big family get togethers, we just had one at easter and the next isnt until september so hopefully I'll be a lot smaller by then, if I go by my half a stone a month goals, I should hopefully, fingers and toes crossed, i'll be 2 and a half stone smaller by then and im hoping that the smaller I am, the more the weight loss notices as its a bigger percent of my body size... well thats my way of thinking anyway.

I think the saddest part about being over weight is how it makes us feel about ourselves... even if we say it doesnt affect us... we dont care... we are happy... deep down we arent, everyone who knows me would say I was super confident, chatty, bubbley, but thats all an act, make fun of myself before someone else has chance too, plus if someone does say something I can just laugh it off... then I go home and feel like total rubbish about myself... so joining the club and losing weight might help you not be so shy in crowds :)

I hate the fact the people say horrible things about u when ur big it leaves me feelin like crap everytime really hurts when people voice there oppinions they should keep it to themselfs after all nobodys perfect...i get alot of people looking at me aswell even if they dont say a word still makes me feel sad but never mind thats why im here gonna make that change for myself.

oh tell me about it... I over heard the lad ive been kinda seeings friends ask him who the fat blonde bird he was with was... I felt such an idiot... thats probably part of what kick started me into coming back on the diet, not for them but for me so I dont ever have to be made to feel that way again, its horrible when people make you question your own self worth just because of your size and Im not even that big anymore, Im a size 14 - 16, which I know isnt skinny but ive worked hard to get to this size.

Thats so horrible aw hun u must of felt like crap..its so wrong for people to judge what they dont know its like when they see big people they look past the mum,friend, girlfriend, good person in that human being and think just coz ur big u sit an eat to much they dont understand our day to day struggle and how hard we work to get to where u are keep going hun uve done so well xxx

Back