Getting back in the zone?

BREN

destination .... SLIMSVILLE!
Well there comes a time when you get sick of not being able to get through the 1st day.

This is my 6th or 7th restart in 3 weeks. I'm very disappointed that I gave into the smallest mouthful as this gave me a taste. I always begin very good for the day and fault about late to mid afternoon. Really want to make a whole day and then get to day 2.

Sorry just feeling really bummed about it all because I can offer the advice and be supportive but finding it hard at present to practice what I preach. I've written in my diary what I plan to eat tomorrow hoping that this will be my starting point. I know when I'm in the zone usually about day 3 and very focused come day 4 but really struggling to get there and I really want this and determined once there I know and have learnt to maintain it.

Thanks for listening guys.:wave_cry:

Aw, hey we all have days like that- I don't look on them as failures- just 'glitches'. Every day is a new day, and I'm not on a diet, I'm on a journey to a healthier lifestyle- and if I succumb to the cookie monster every so often- well, so be it! Is there anything in particular thats a weakness, is there a 'trigger' to a craving- try & see why it happens and 'fix' it if possible (i.e. if its a particular food- bin it!) I live by the mantra 'One day at a time' (among others! ;P)- it's not a race, and it's your life- no-one elses so don't beat yourself up? My ultimate ambition is that food no longer rules my life. TC Xx

Hi Bren,

I completely sympathise, i've been restarting diets since I was 15! Last year I started that Paul McKenna weightloss thing and that has been a stepping stone for me because it gave me a positive attitude. My finals got in the way and i "stopped" doing it but that's the first "diet" i've ever been on where I haven't put shed loads of weight on afterwards. It gave me a positive attitude towards dieting - it's not the end of the world if you have a bad day, a bad week even. You just have to dust yourself off and try again. When you get a craving distract yourself, or imagine yourself within a new thinner body, how it makes you feel..what you could acheive with the new you. Imagination is apparently very underrated. And lastly, remember that food is fuel. That saying really helped me and it continues to do so. I don't want to sound like i'm preaching because I certainly haven't acheived my goal yet. But I hope what i've suggested has helped you and made you feel a little better! :) Good luck! xxx

Thanks alot guys,

I'm feeling better today and I'm already up to the 2ltr mark and off to the gym this afternoon with hubby. I just need to remember food is my medicine! I wouldnt change the dose so why should I deviate from my eating plan.

It's the weekends that I find hard as I'm quite social. However I dont binge and I eat normaly portions but when I occassionally have a biscuit or bite of something I like or am not allowed, I then get a taste for it and rationalize in my head that "it's okay I'm feeling thin, I'll be able to get back on track". The I end up allowing myself a littlle something everyday after that and then beat myself up because I'm not managing it.

It makes it really hard also because my 30th is in 6weeks and I want to be the star of my own party and secondly I only have 1st to loose and it's difficult to remain in that committed self discipline zone.

Anyway enough of that I'm feeling I've turned a page today and going to keep reminding myself of that.

Bren
X

am glad you are feeling better about it today bren. you can do it!! a stone in 6 weeks is doable. better now than in another month thinking 'sh*t, i've only got a fortnight!!'

when is your next measuring? are you still losing even though you have the odd nibble?

abz xx

Abz

Not sure but did measure yesterday morning when I was feeling thin and only managed to gain .5 ,half a centimeter. I'm feeling positive that I'm back on track, just need to make it through the weekend as this is my hardest time, Footy tomorrow!

It's also hard because we have just moved to Melbourne about 2.5 months ago, from Perth and there are so many places we want to explore but obviously being quite restrictive with the food at the moment make this extra hard to stick to things.

What's up with you?
Bren
X

ha. i have just replied on the other thread. this is going to get confusing, hee. am doing ok. not going to cave, if i was going to cave it would have been last night with the pizza palava that i managed to avoid but i was expecting to find today easier, ketosis and all that. definately there, but no. cravings are worse than ever, no hunger though so that's something...

abz xx

So what your saying is it's a mind set, the cravings? You want it because you cant have it?

not sure to be honest bren. think i just have had an addiction to eating. with every other diet you change what you eat but you keep eating. this is the only one where i've stopped eating all together!!

Sorry Abz, lol, I don't know what Cd is? I haven't really checked out the range of diets on here... What does it involve? x

Hi Abz

Fantastic job 6 days!!!!!!

I've been okay today; well I have had a biscuit, a very small piece of fruit cake and some dried fruit. However, I have been to the gym and drunk 4 ltrs of water!

It is always so hard after the weekend to get the taste of real food out of your brain.

CD, Elle is a shake based supplement diet. You'll find lots of info on here about it, very popular.

Bren
X

hi bren :) am glad you've done well today :)

i feel utterly naff!! my cdc is going to weigh me tomorrow instead of a week tomorrow to see if she can give me a boost, ha. not that i feel like giving up or anything. well, ok, i feel like giving up, ha. but i think that's more of my wanting to eat than anything else, i'm not hungry, but my body feels like lead all the time. if i wasn't working it wouldn't be a problem but i don't want to be swaying around the office feeling like i'm going to fall over because i'm dizzy...

apparently it will pass, and the results are marvelous. i just hope it passes before i have to stop it!!

abz xx

Darl

Rock on! you are doing this and perhaps try some camomile tea or somethings to help with the dizziness.

Be careful not to do things to quickly or you'll give your body a rush of blood and end up actually fainting.
B
X

thanks honey. got a surge of energy just before bedtime. really not the best timing!!

how have you done today? ok?

abz xx

Hey darl
Done OK. Left my lunch at home so I have not eaten to plan and snuck in 2 biscuits and 3 pieces of fruit bread.... Never mind, i've drunk lots of water aiming for the 4ltrs before I go to bed in 1.5 hours or so.

What about you is your weigh in today????
Bren
XX

i weighed myself this morning to a loss of 12lbs :) but i think i'll be heavier on my cdcs and that's tonight so keep your fingers crossed for me :)

abz xx

WOW!! well done. i wouldnt worry about tonight, we all know you lost 12 lbs really! ;) :):). Nice work abz, really happy for you. xxx

Back