Getting back on it!

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting - Diaries' started by Mixxi, 20 June 2011 Social URL.

1. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

So my weight is 9 stone 13 as of 21/06 (not as bad as I thought but still a way to go!)

Here are a list of small goals. I need small ones because I'm not looking to lose weight in a big rush.

Lose that first pound!
    3 pounds lost (9st 10)
    5 pounds lost (9st 8)
    Half a stone lost yay! (9st 6)
    9 pounds lost (9st 4)
    11 pounds lost (9st 2)
    13 pounds lost (9st)

I'll add some more goals as I start achieving them but this looks quite doable for me at the moment. :)

Hello!

I'm mainly just writing this so I can keep on track of what I'm eating. A couple of years ago I went from 13 stone to 9 stone in about a year. The past year I've found it hard to maintain my weight and it keeps creeping up but I'm too scared to weigh myself!

With it practically being Summer I want to wear whatever I want but am struggling to fit in my nice clothes :cry:

So here is my motivational picture to keep me on track (taken about a month ago). I know I'm not 'massive' but still bigger than I'd like to be. I'll hopefully weigh myself tomorrow!

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 June 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

Day one!

Oh by the way I estimate calories a lot because trying to find exact calories is so time consuming and boring.

Weetabix, banana + milk = 250 kcal
    Leafy rice noodle salad + balsamic vinegar = 150 kcal
    Curried vegetable soup + soya cream = 500 kcal
    Soya yoghurt = 100 kcal
    Marmite rice cakes = 100 kcal
    Baked beans & Linda McCartney sausages = 350 kcal
    Piece of toast + marg = 150 kcal

Total cals: 1600

Hmm.. was aiming for lower than that but have been super hungry. I did go to Zumba class for an hour though. Maybe weighing tomorrow will shock me into doing better!

Last edited: 20 June 2011
  4. nurseberyl

nurseberyl Full Member

Hi! you are really cute! good luck and good luck with facing those scales!

5. Samalama

Samalama Full Member

Oh good for you getting back on the wagon so to speak!

Do you have a smart phone/blackberry? Calorie counting used to frighten me half to death until I downloaded My Fitness Plan which has nearly ever food and portion known to man on there :)

6. kirsty_baird_26

kirsty_baird_26 Gold Member

goodluck :) xx

7. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

Noo I have a very old but reliable Nokia. Thanks for all the support though guys! Didn't expect any responses really!

8. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

Hey, and welcome. You don't need a phone to use myfitnesspal. I haven't got it on my phone (because its not a bloody android (whatever that is) but thats another story). If you have got the internet then you can join. I highly reccomend it. It was introduced to me when I was on minimins saying the same thing as you. I couldn't work out how everyone was so accurate with their calorie counting and thought I was stupid, then I realised how they were doing it. Have a look and join up, then we can all add you as a friend.

myfitnesspal.com

:D

9. Bostik

Bostik Gold Member

Good luck! :)

10. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

I think I'll join that website if I don't lose weight by doing rough calorie counting but thanks for showing me it :)

Off to zumba in a bit!

11. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Good luck :) an enjoy zumba!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

12. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

Love the sleeve! ;)

Good luck x

13. Squeezyweezy

Squeezyweezy Gold Member

I was just going to say that!!!!

14. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

15. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

So I'm starting at 9 stone 13lbs and feeling motivated today.

Porridge + raisins = 250 kcal
    Baked beans & Linda McCartney sausages = 350 kcal
    Tomato soup = 200kcal
    'Chicken' and vegtables = 320 kcal

Last edited: 21 June 2011
  16. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

Hey, I know this is quite a personal question, but I'm nearly at my goal weight and I'm a little curious about maintenance. I know you said that you too reached goal, but then put a little of the weight back on - where do you think you went wrong? I'm just trying to get as much advice as I can :D

17. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

I think I lost weight too quickly and that means you put it on quicker. I also moved closer to my work so didn't have to cycle in any more so am getting less exercise. Also I live by LOADS of takeaway places so there is a lot of temptation around!! So it's a combination of things really. I think maintaining is really hard.

18. Mixxi

Mixxi Full Member

Not been here as have been mega busy with family related stress! Been doing okay. I only want to lose a pound or two a week so hoping I will have by next weigh in although I am going out drinking Thursday AND Saturday. Oh dear!!

19. Legomom

Legomom Gold Member

Boo family related stress!! :( good luck for WI :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

20. happyhealthy

happyhealthy Omnomnomnom

I plan sticking to good ol' exercise so fingers crossed I should be ok on that department if I just stick with it :) Thanks for the advice, I'm trying to get as many tips as I can!

21. lindseydodd408

lindseydodd408 Gold Member

I used to estimate cals... then when I had my first gain in August I started to weigh and realised I spent most of the time in denial, lol!!! I'm very jealous of people who can be realistic about food!!! Welcome and good luck. x