Extra Easy Getting back on the wagon for the last time!

rosiemaria

Hellooo!
I'm really new to the forum but have been following a few peoples diaries and thought I'd start my own as it seems a really great way to keep on track.

I have 6 stone to lose, but I'm taking it a step at time!

Today

Breakfast: Weetabix crispy minis chocolate chip 30g (B) Banana, Semi skimmed milk (A)
Lunch: Lettuce, cucumber, tomato & spring onion salad with ham. Salad cream (2)
Dinner: to be decided.. trip to the shops is required!

Dinner was the SW Meatballs & Pasta with a Spicy Tomato Sauce. These meals are so handy for when you're busy or feeling lazy (the latter for me today) and they're really filling.

Picked up some muller corner strawberry shortcake yogurts as my sweettooth really kicked in last night and I didn't have anything, so I will be having one of these later for 7 1/2 syns. Sooo worth it!

Other: snacked on grapes throughout the day.

Hope everyones had a great day!

I've recently moved to the isle of man and it's just the most beautiful place to go walking, weather permitting! Had a nice walk today, really need to get a step counter or something to monitor how far I'm going!

Breakfast: Weetabix crispy minis chocolate chip 30g (B) Strawberries, Semi skimmed milk (A)
Lunch: Lettuce, cucumber, tomato & spring onion salad with turkey breast. Salad cream (2)
isn't it so much easier to eat salad when it's sunny?!
Dinner: SW Mediterranean chicken & pasta recipe, with courgettes, peppers, tomatos!

Trying really hard to incorporate more speed food into my day, think I've done well so far!

Inbetween: grapes, sugar free red bull.

Will have something chocolatey later to use some of my syns, with a cuppa to use the rest of my A milk!

:)

Hello! Here to follow :)
Hope you've had a good day! I'd forgotten weetabix minis counted as a hexb- thanks for the reminder! X

Hi! Thank you :) and you're totally welcome, Weetabix are the only cereal that leave me feeling full but they're just a bit bland I find! These really do the trick!

So I had a muller corner digestive yog after dinner yum yum (7 syns) and grabbed a kit kat to go with it just because it was there (5.5) but when I was adding my food to my planner I had used bernard matthews turkey breast which was actually 1.5 syns (figured it was free, woops!)
and instead of thinking "oh I'll just go over by 1.5 syns it's okay" I put the kit kat back in the treats box and had a few more grapes instead!

I know being +1.5 syns isn't the end of the day and it's OK to go over sometimes but I'm so proud of myself for not caving, I've not felt this in control for a loooong time!

Personal NSV for me! :D

It's a victory worth noting! Sometimes to resist stuff I try to imagine how it will taste and if it is worth it, versus how I'll feel if I resist. Then clean my teeth! More often than not it works- I know I'm feeling weak if it doesn't lol.
I quite like a standard weetabix but the minis are a treat! You seem to get a fair bit for a hexb too- same with cheerios. I once weighed out a hexb of granola and it was about a tsp o_O Easy to see how most people overeat on cereal!

Thanks! that's actually such a good idea, everything tastes rubbish after you've brushed your teeth!
Oh I love granola but you're right, you barely get anything for your allowance!

I've been walking all around town today trying to find something to wear to a job interview tomorrow, gonna spend tonight prepping for it. Eeeeeeee :confused:

Breakfast: Weetabix crispy minis 30g, HEB Semi skimmed milk HEA, Grapes
Lunch: Tuna pasta, mayonnaise (5) only had full fat mayo in grrrr.. & strawberries
Dinner: Will be SW recipe Chicen Pizzaiola & steamed veggies!

Inbetween: sugar free redbull.

I'm trying to drink atleast a litre of water a day, and I've cut out cups of tea throughout the day as I tend to have a lot of sugar in them. I'm peeing for England! (TMI?) I've read a lot of people talking about peppermint tea on SW, what does it actually do, does anyone know?

Getting peckish now..

Hope everyones having a great day!

Sounds like you've had a good day! Annoying re the mayo but lesson learned. On the rare occasion I have it only full fat will do tho :p
Good luck for your interview! What is the job for, if you don't mind me asking?
No such thing as tmi on here lol. Peppermint tea is brill. It's an 'acquired taste' I find, though have trained myself to actually quite enjoy it now.
For me, it really helps your digestion, keeping everything moving as it should ;) handy on SW when the extra fibre from the fruit and veg can wreak havoc! Give it a try and see what you think..

I've had a great day thanks! tbh you're right, extra syns but so worth it.

Argh I'm actually nervous! It's for an offshore investment & savings company, working for the team that collates evidence of any trends and patterns when things aren't quite going to plan. Finance is a great field to get into on this island so I'm hoping this can be my foot in the door!

And ooh maybe I'll give it a try then! Thanks!

Hellooo!
I'm having a super hungry day today but I've done well so far. I realise I have quite a boring food diary, I'm a creature of habit!

Breakfast: Weetabix Crispy Minis 30g HEB Milk HEA Strawberries S
Lunch: Red pepper, lettuce, spring onion & tomato salad, BM turkey breast (1.5) salad cream (2)
Dinner: I'm making stir fry mmmmm! I shall try and put a picture up, make my diary a bit more interesting haha.
Inbetween: Carro sticks, Pepsi Max, Hula hoops S&V (5.5)

My interview went well I think, I will find out tomorrow so fingers crossed!

---

Okay soo I was too hungry to take a picture! Haha.
Turkey breast, half a bag of mixed stir fry veggies (peppers, beensprouts etc) Marks & Spencer Singapore Rice Noodles with coriander, ginger & spices (1.5) M&S Sweet & Sour Pouch (4 only had half) yum yum!

I've enough for a full portion tomorrow too so that's lunch sorted. I know I could have saved on syns by using dried noodles, and making my own sauce but I'm focusing at the moment at making the right choices and tracking everything. Once I've got that under control I can look at spending lots of money on spices + ingredients, and being more adventurous.

Syns today: 15

Last edited:
I GOT THE JOB!!! :woohoo:
So happy haha.

I've not been that hungry today until now, which is fortunate as my curry has almost finished cooking!
Had a nice walk on the prom too, I love this little island.

Breakfast: the usual crispy minis (B) & milk A
Lunch: leftover turkey breast stirfry (5 syns for noodles&sauce)
Dinner: SW recipe, chicken tikka masala & steamed veggies
Inbetween: Carrot sticks, grapes, Pepsi Max Cherry.

10 syns to play with... ooooh I'll be having a chocolate bar tonight!

First WI tomorrow.. eek! I know most people tend to have their biggest losses week one and I have stuck to plan very well.. here's hoping!

First weigh in and I've lost 7lbs. I can't believe it I was so happy!
I've been using all my old books and my friends online membership so I decided to actually subscribe myself today which means I can't add my weight loss until next week as it's classing today as my start date :( but nevermind! 7lb wooooo!!

Breakfast: HEB Wholemeal toast,tsp Clover (1.5) beans, HEA cheese. Celebratory brekki haha!
Lunch: Grapes. :eek: I felt sleepy so took a nap and didn't wake up until 5.. oops..
Dinner: Generous helping of pasta & tuna, blob of full fat mayo (5)

Happy bunny, I've had a great week! New job, half a stone lighter.. yippee!

Not updated for a couple of days, still on plan!

I'm such a creature of habit that my daily food log is quite similar throughout the week, been switching up my fruit and veg to keep it interesting!

I'm also trying to up my activity, just gradually, might try and find a fun class to try out. I've just been walking everywhere, this place is beautiful!

Hoping for a 3lb loss this week.

Congratulations on your new job:winner:

7 lbs is fantastic result! Well done:0clapper:
Aw thanks! I definitely had a great week all round last week!

Back