Getting back on track with Slimming World - anyone got any ideas?

Harrietcc

Hi All,

I posted a new thread the other day, saying I am a newbie looking for support from other individuals trying to lose weight who have ME, as exercise is a struggle for me. As if by magic, the next day I got a text from my old SW leader saying she hadn't forgotten about me and would love me to come back to slimming world. I stopped going a while back as I it is only recently I got diagnosed with ME and have had a lot going on in life recently, so SW kinda fell by the wayside. But now I more determined than ever, I have been trying to keep to the SW diet without the group but have found it tough. I am hoping to get back to group next week.

In the meantime though has anyone got any ideas for free or low syn snacks/small meals. On the days I am feeling unwell, I find it a struggle to go in to the kitchen and cook a full blown meal from scratch, so I am looking for alternatives. I often keep a stock of cooked chicken in my fridge and frozen mixed veg, but I am getting bored of the usual Mugshot with chicken and veg.

Has anyone got any good ideas? Looking forward to chatting to others on here looking for support.

Harriet xx :)

Hi All,

I posted a new thread the other day, saying I am a newbie looking for support from other individuals trying to lose weight who have ME, as exercise is a struggle for me. As if by magic, the next day I got a text from my old SW leader saying she hadn't forgotten about me and would love me to come back to slimming world. I stopped going a while back as I it is only recently I got diagnosed with ME and have had a lot going on in life recently, so SW kinda fell by the wayside. But now I more determined than ever, I have been trying to keep to the SW diet without the group but have found it tough. I am hoping to get back to group next week.

In the meantime though has anyone got any ideas for free or low syn snacks/small meals. On the days I am feeling unwell, I find it a struggle to go in to the kitchen and cook a full blown meal from scratch, so I am looking for alternatives. I often keep a stock of cooked chicken in my fridge and frozen mixed veg, but I am getting bored of the usual Mugshot with chicken and veg.

Has anyone got any good ideas? Looking forward to chatting to others on here looking for support.

Harriet xx :)

Hi Harriet,

How about batch cooking things like cottage pie's, chilli con carnie or spaghetti Bol as back ups, that way on the days you feel poorly, you can grab a dinner from the freezer and heat it up with pasta, rice or frozen mixed veg, spaghetti Bol and chilli go great on jackets too and not worry about food.

I try to keep a syn free quiche in the fridge, at all times, I just fry off onions carrot and peppers pop this into a flan dish with some bacon or ham and tomatoes ( you can just use anything you have kicking about) beat up 4 eggs with a bit or water or milk salt and pepper and whack in the oven for about 20-30 mins, sometimes I top with low low cheese (25g) great hot with beans and chips for a dirty dinner or cold with salad for lunch.

Good luck

Teri xx

Thanks Teri that is a great idea, I'm off to asda to do my shop tomorrow so will get some containers for the freezer. I never thought about quiche sounds fab! Thanks for the tips :) xx

I keep lots of bacon in our fridge and love poached eggs, beans, bacon and tomatoes as a naughty but good meal. M&S sushi snack packs are really low in syns if I remember rightly.

Thanks fir the tip, I have been to asda today and stored up on lots of free and low syn foods and I am determined to have a great week so tonight I am having 'the last supper' and tomorrow morning I'm back on the straight and narrow xx

Hello :) My name is Katie I am 19 and also have ME! I live at home so it is slightly different I got diagnosed just before my 16th birthday but when I was 14 was completely bedridden and misdiagnosed so takes a long time for diagnosis at times doesn't it!! I have found slimming world fantastic :D do you find it a struggle with snacks because you get so tired you just feel like you need something.. I get that!!

I find stir fry's fantastic with dried noodles as there pretty quick, chip butty although making the chips is rather long process and my mam freezes lots of meals in the slow cooker :) I also like ham & cheese toasties as a treat! For low syn treats raindrops, mini twister lollies and ginger biscuits are good to have in or the mini mars bars with a cuppa are nice :)

Sorry if I have been no help! It took me two years to get to my target :) I lost 2 stone 4.5 pounds I pretty much go every week and have stayed in target for 4 and a half months but was out my a pound last week and then been on holiday so dreading scales tomorrow but I know I can loose it again and get back in there :D !!

Best of luck
Katie
xxxxxx

Back