Getting back on track

ehhheecaa

Does anyone else have trouble getting back on track after a very bad week? Have managed to lose almost 1.5 stone and put on 3.5lb this week, I know its not much but this is the biggest gain I have had so far and it's very disconcerting, just need some tips to get my head back in the game!

will watch this with interest as im where you are too.

had a 2lb gain last week and looking to have maintained this week, just cant seem to get back into it. starting to disappoint myself.

xx

Yes, i lost 3stone, then in dec didn't go to group and gained 18.5lbs. Since then i've been going to group every week, im now back to basics of writing my food diary, reading my book etc and im slowly getting back to where i was. I do find it hard staying on plan sometimes but setting myself little goals helps xx

So today is day 1 back on track and I'm doing well, had chicken curry for lunch and made some extra to take to work for dinner! Determined to do well this week lol

I absolutely have this problem! I am currently in this situation actually... I lost over 2 stone and gotr 1.5 away from my target, and then I've ever so slowly creeped back up to 4lbs away from my starting weight! :(
I know it works, it's just getting my head back into it again! :)

I have, I actually just joined this site today because of it. I joined SW in January and lost 15lbs, then this passed month I gained about half a stone. I think I'm back to where I was now, but so annoyed that I just sort of gave up and didn't try to get back on track sooner because I've lost about a month. Oh well. Drinking tea like nobody's business, and hoping to get in a workout before dinner. Weigh in day is Saturday so I'm hoping for a small loss. Or at least to not have gained an ounce lol

I have lost 3 stone twice, with SW, over the years and, stupidly, put it all back on, both times!! Took me ages to get my head round it again but, now I finally have, once I've re-lost it, this will definitely be for the final time!!

Good luck to you all. :)

Kathy

Ok so it was weigh in today and have been 100% on plan, until An unexpected night out last night but hey ho! Lol

Just as I was getting ready for group guess what hit! Star week! Bloody typical, so off I trotted to group, bloated, crampy and dreading it because star week gives me hectic results on the scales if it's day 1 or 2!

But unexpectedly lost 1.5 lbs yay! So happy!

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Thanks Sarah! I'm just so glad to be getting back into it and have the scales go in the right direction lol

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

I know how you all feel. When my head is in the game it's easy, but when I'm not feeling it I may as well not bother. I felt like that earlier this year. Luckily I am now well and truly back on track.

Here are a few things I did to get me back on track:

Come on Mini's every single day and join in conversations, comment etc. Just get your head back in the weight loss zone.
Look at all the before and after pictures. It makes you rememeber that it can be done.
Buy a slimming world magazine. Sit and read it.
Remember why you wanted to lose weight in the first place. Set yourself a small goal and work towards it. Tell yourself you can stay on track for one day at least, then two days, then 4 days, then a week.
Get out there and exercise - take a long walk in the countryside or the park on a sunny day, go for a ride on your bike, go out dancing with friends

Hope this helps someone :)

Keep a detailed daily chart foe a week then check what you have eaten that you shouldn't have! You will be surprised the amount of syns that you didn't allow for.

I'm the same cherry! I seem to have fallen straight back off the wagon with star week hitting this week lol! Ah well! Think I'm gonna do a food diary next week to keep myself on plan.

Hi Jessica

I find it helps to revisit why I wanted to do this in the first place. From big things like I wanted to be fitter so I could play with my son and he doesn't miss out on things because of me. To less big things like I wanted to actually go on a sunshine holiday involving a swimsuit instead of hiding in my motorhome in the UK! To little things like I'd like to be able to get my Hunter wellies on again!

It also helps me to revisit the little things that motivate me....I bought a summer dress for that sunshine holiday I mentioned, now booked for mid august and the first we have had in 10 years. It's hanging on the outside of my wardrobe so I see it every time I walk in my bedroom, it's a size 14 (I'm currently an 18), and I want to fit in it!

I also look back on how far I've come; I know beyond a doubt that I never want to put that weight on again, whether it's half a stone or 5 stones. I originally lost 5 stone with SW in 2011 and in the 3 years following almost 2 stone crept on again....so slowly it was almost unnoticeable, but I know if I'd carried on in another 3-5 years I'd be back where I started again if I did nothing. The thought of that is a lot worse than making the effort to eat healthily!

Lastly I come on here and look at al the success stores and before and after photos. I think, if so many people in so many different circumstances can do it, surely I can too?

It is hard, I've had 2 weeks of STS because I just haven't been trying very hard and eating too much chocolate! And I was feeling crap about it, and it's so hard to pull yourself out of the slump. This week I've been back on it but I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been a bit of a struggle. So right now I'm just focusing on a mini goal of 2lbs by Easter. Set mini goals instead of trying to tackle too much :)

HTH, and good luck!

Thanks for all your advice guys!

I thought tonight (wi) was going to be horrific as I was off plan all weekend, ended up losing 4 pounds and getting my club 10 :D so delighted, think everything from last week caught up I'm a good way haha! Only 2.5lbs away from my 2 stone now :)

well done!!

Great loss!! Well done you. xx

Back