Getting back to 100% after a stressfull time.... A large kick up the bum needed!

Jemima Doll

Hi everyone,

I've been doing SW for a couple of months now and doing good, slow but steady losses and loving the plan. I've just moved to a new house and also my dogs been ill so I've had loads of sleepless nights which made me wake up tired and exhausted, and a few other upsets as well which affected me:sigh:. Sadly I'm a bit of an emotional eater so the stress of everything got to me and for the last few weeks I've not been on plan (not been stuffing but just not eating what I should:cry:). I'm ashamed to say I've been struggling, i haven't lost anything in the last few weeks which I expected(though feel awful about) but am determined that from Monday I will get back to it 100%(having a housewarming bbq at the weekend so am getting that over with first) I think I'm going to find it a bit difficult after relaxing my eating a bit over the last few weeks. I've no intention of not carrying on but need a large kick up the bum/inspiration for Monday to help get me back on track...xx

I feel your pain!

I am also an emotional eater and I have been under a hell of a lot of pressure with deadlines and final assessments at university.
Thankfully the year is now over and I have passed everything so far (just exam results to wait for) so I am now trying to get back into the swing of things.

I will kick you, if you kick me :p

I'm getting my hobnail boots on so bend over LOL!!

I'm another emotional eater and I change diets all the time to find one I can stick to - back to SW now. I have to take pain killers pretty randomly and have fatigue issues so low carb and 5.2 are tough to do even though I've had more success on them. So hope SW will be ok!

Good luck with SW, I think it's a good plan that is realistic which makes all the difference, you can do it!

Hello Jemima! I understand you very well! I am also an emotinal eater(( I am trying to fight with this(( It's rather difficult. But I am just started with new healthy and skinny life;-) So i hope in time i will conquer this emotional hunger!;-)) Good luck to you Jemima!

Hi. I'm the same and also having a difficult time at the moment so after nearly a month on SW I've fallen off the wagon and struggling to get back on. I find not sleeping properly makes it harder as I feel like I need naughty food to get me going in the morning then I slack all day. Have had a 100% on plan today though and just going to take it a day at a time. And this time it doesn't matter how many times I struggle I'm going to keep getting back on the SW wagon until I get there!

Hi. I'm the same and also having a difficult time at the moment so after nearly a month on SW I've fallen off the wagon and struggling to get back on. I find not sleeping properly makes it harder as I feel like I need naughty food to get me going in the morning then I slack all day. Have had a 100% on plan today though and just going to take it a day at a time. And this time it doesn't matter how many times I struggle I'm going to keep getting back on the SW wagon until I get there!

Well done for you 100% on plan day!

Totally with you about the lack of sleep making you want naughty food to get you going in the morning - thought it was just me! I agree no matter what happens so long as you keep going you'll get there in the end..good luckx

Hello Jemima! I understand you very well! I am also an emotinal eater(( I am trying to fight with this(( It's rather difficult. But I am just started with new healthy and skinny life;-) So i hope in time i will conquer this emotional hunger!;-)) Good luck to you Jemima!

Hi Ginger, yes it's a fight that I think i'll be fighting my whole life! Determined to do this though.....we can do it!!xx

Totally with you about the lack of sleep making you want naughty food to get you going in the morning - thought it was just me! I agree no matter what happens so long as you keep going you'll get there in the end..good luckx

Thats one of the nice things about this forum having people to talk to who know what you're going through. I kinda thought it was just me too! Not so good today. Good luck to you too - we will get there.

Just start a fresh and don't think about what went wrong eating wise in the last few weeks everyone has their ups and downs! The fact that you are still thinking about the plan and you haven't given up means that you will eventually get back on track 100%. Good luck! :)

Hi Ginger, yes it's a fight that I think i'll be fighting my whole life! Determined to do this though.....we can do it!!xx

We certainly can! It's great to find people like me - with similar starting weight. I sometimes think we have a different set of issues to someone who's never been morbidly obese. Dreadful phrase, but true...

Just start a fresh and don't think about what went wrong eating wise in the last few weeks everyone has their ups and downs! The fact that you are still thinking about the plan and you haven't given up means that you will eventually get back on track 100%. Good luck! :)

Thanks Johazis, Too true about the ups and downs, but the most important thing and the big difference for me now compared to the me before is that even when I've had a 'diversion' (which I don't plan on having anymore of for a while!!) my mind is forcing me to think about what I am doing, making me feel guilty and planning when i'll be back on it 100%, wheras before I'd just not think about it. I'm getting back on track this week which feels good and I KNOW in my heart I am going to keep going this time until I reach my goal...x

We certainly can! It's great to find people like me - with similar starting weight. I sometimes think we have a different set of issues to someone who's never been morbidly obese. Dreadful phrase, but true...

Hi Theria, I totally agree! it feels good to know there are others out there with similar amounts to lose, I know everyone has different amounts to lose/issues and it's all just as important to each person, but when you see someone has 1 or stone to lose it makes you feel like your on another planet looking in!! Seeing your stats is inspiring, you've done so well, can't wait until I'm where you are! Though the way I going it may take a while but I'm determined to keep going till I get enough weight off to do what I want to do and feel how I want to feel! xx

I did that. I lost over 4 stone in about 6 months whilst sticking to the plan religiously, and loving every minute of it! Then I thought "I have done so well I will just take a little break".....BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! I have been off plan for the last 6 months and put on a stone. However I kicked myself up the bum last week and lost 3.5lbs this week! So pleased with myself. What I did (and made the family think I was crazy) was buy a size 10 outfit that I want to get into at some point, then took all of the inspirational weight-loss stories out of my slimming world magazines and pinned them all over my walls, and then searched through loads of posts on here that inspired me. I am crazy, I know. But it worked! Yay!

Rosie..sounds like you've got back on track! You have done so well in losing that 4 stone and will get that stone back off and get to where you want to be I'm sure. The outfit and mag snippets plus of course the inspiration on here are a great idea for getting motivated...well done you!

Well done for getting back on track - I had a bad day yesterday - didn't have chance for lunch, had a tough meeting with my little boys support worker (anxiety issues and a school that is only just starting to see his needs) - so ate a samosa, crisps, glass of wine, 1/2 chocolate bar (could've been worse). Back to it today.

Hi Theria, I totally agree! it feels good to know there are others out there with similar amounts to lose, I know everyone has different amounts to lose/issues and it's all just as important to each person, but when you see someone has 1 or stone to lose it makes you feel like your on another planet looking in!! Seeing your stats is inspiring, you've done so well, can't wait until I'm where you are! Though the way I going it may take a while but I'm determined to keep going till I get enough weight off to do what I want to do and feel how I want to feel! xx

Thank you :)

I can't tell you how much better I feel - which is ridiculus really when you consider I still weigh 19 stone! But there are so many things - silly little ones like the bath towels not gaping open when I wrap them round me, and being able to get down onto the floor to get something out from under the bed without needing a winch to get back up....and I've noticed that even in the heat we've had I'm not as sweaty when I'm walking outside. People are starting to notice I've lost some (I hadn't told anyone) and that feels pretty good. I've dropped one dress size and pretty soon I'll be dropping another one I think. I currently own only 6 pairs of knickers (chucked the rest, they were baggy!) but I won't buy any more until I lose some more weight :)

And the food? Just amazing. I have pretty much given up alcohol, which was a bit of a wrench to start with, but I'd rather use my syns on tasty grub. I eat so much better on SW, real food - just cooked better. I've had chips three times this week - I would have had chips at least that many times pre-SW but they would have been 20 syns a time, deep fried and greasy. Now I find that fried food isn't very appealing at all. If I only have my 5 fruit and veg a day, that's a poor SW day in my view!

So glad you've found the support of Minis - these people are amazing. Inspiring. Shoulders to cry on when you need them - hopefully *before* the synfull stuff....:D Just keep posting and reading!

Back