Getting back to 100% after a stressfull time.... A large kick up the bum needed!

Thank you :)

I can't tell you how much better I feel - which is ridiculus really when you consider I still weigh 19 stone! But there are so many things - silly little ones like the bath towels not gaping open when I wrap them round me, and being able to get down onto the floor to get something out from under the bed without needing a winch to get back up....and I've noticed that even in the heat we've had I'm not as sweaty when I'm walking outside. People are starting to notice I've lost some (I hadn't told anyone) and that feels pretty good. I've dropped one dress size and pretty soon I'll be dropping another one I think. I currently own only 6 pairs of knickers (chucked the rest, they were baggy!) but I won't buy any more until I lose some more weight :)

And the food? Just amazing. I have pretty much given up alcohol, which was a bit of a wrench to start with, but I'd rather use my syns on tasty grub. I eat so much better on SW, real food - just cooked better. I've had chips three times this week - I would have had chips at least that many times pre-SW but they would have been 20 syns a time, deep fried and greasy. Now I find that fried food isn't very appealing at all. If I only have my 5 fruit and veg a day, that's a poor SW day in my view!

So glad you've found the support of Minis - these people are amazing. Inspiring. Shoulders to cry on when you need them - hopefully *before* the synfull stuff....:D Just keep posting and reading!

Oh Theria, it was so nice reading about those changes you have noticed, i can so imagine how important and noticeable those little changes are now you've lost that first bit of weight, especially the not needing a winch to get up LOL! It must feel great to know that you have already improved your quality of life by losing what you have so far..almost 4 stone:) which is fantastic. I am so looking forward to enjoying those kind of changes myself, when they start to happen you know the lovely feeling that gives you is so much better than eating something fattening I'm sure!! Can't wait to throw some of my big bloomers out the knicker drawer!
And yes I will keep posting/reading..i can honestly say that as I do SW from home Minis is a godsend for me, it makes such a difference to talk to people like you who KNOW how it feels. Have you got a diary so I can pop by and see/support you?? x

Well done for getting back on track - I had a bad day yesterday - didn't have chance for lunch, had a tough meeting with my little boys support worker (anxiety issues and a school that is only just starting to see his needs) - so ate a samosa, crisps, glass of wine, 1/2 chocolate bar (could've been worse). Back to it today.

It definitely could have been worse! That old devil emotional eating is a hard one to shake off, I feel your pain. You can do it, as long as you keep getting back on track as you do there will be no stopping you In the end!! Well done you x

It definitely could have been worse! That old devil emotional eating is a hard one to shake off, I feel your pain. You can do it, as long as you keep getting back on track as you do there will be no stopping you In the end!! Well done you x

Getting there - starting tai chi and Pilates next week. Feeling ready to fight back again!

Getting there - starting tai chi and Pilates next week. Feeling ready to fight back again!

What form of tai chi? I used to do Lee form and loved it but nowhere down here does it. Now I go to yoga and the last 15mins we do relaxation and have to repeat something positive as we go in and come out so I try to use that for a SW positive thought.

hiya all,i have been going to slimming world for about two months now,i love my class but some weeks i find it difficult.im an emotional eater and when im at work i cant leave the biscuits alone.
i work as a fragrance consultant and have been drinking this metabolism coffee,its so nice!!,last week i lost 9 pounds in just one week,never lost this much in one week

I haven't been on for a few weeks and just popped on to post something very similar. I joined SW in February and did so well, I stuck to it 100% for a few months and lost 1.5 stone... but not I seem to have lost my way and I can't seem to get back into it. Luckily I'm still hovering around my lowest weight but I think this is just luck or down to doing a lot more exercise than I used to (ie none). I've gone back to binging on crap in the evenings and can't seem to help myself. I can be an absolute SW angel all day, but come the evenings I just don't seem to care any more. Then the next morning I will care and vow to get back on it - and repeat. I just don't know where all that enthusiasm has gone :(

What form of tai chi? I used to do Lee form and loved it but nowhere down here does it. Now I go to yoga and the last 15mins we do relaxation and have to repeat something positive as we go in and come out so I try to use that for a SW positive thought.

Just got back from my first class Cheng-Man Chang - learning to stand properly and walk properly!! I can't do yoga as I'll over bend but used to love it! Good luck

Snozzberry that is exactly how I felt. We both need something to put that fire back in us, but I can't for the life of me figure out what. I am changing consultants this week because I think it may be lack of support and help; my consultant isn't all that great.

I need to get back on track now for sure!! A few weeks off course due to moving house and an ill dog have really spiralled out of control for me. It's so frustrating and upsetting as I was doing so well, and now need to get back there (WHY do I have to be an emotional eater :( it's so destructive). Still I know I can do this, i can get back to it and am determined to carry on my journey, despite the longer than planned diversion. I'm going to give myself a good talking to and re-think about all the reasons why I have to do this in the first place and am determined to be back on track very soon.

Saying 'I can...' is a good first step but maybe trying breaking it down into 'today I will be 100% on plan'. Rather than thinking I must always be 100% or even all week. Like you say it's a diversion and if you keep getting back on the right road eventually you'll get there.

YES i will, and thanks for the good advice Charlie x

I hope your dog is on the mend Jemima. Amazing how stress can throw us off track. I comfort eat when I'm upset and 'celebrate eat' when I'm happy - can't win! :)

I hope your dog is on the mend Jemima. Amazing how stress can throw us off track. I comfort eat when I'm upset and 'celebrate eat' when I'm happy - can't win! :)

Thanks Spanx, sadly things aren't improving much. The old devil emotional eating has been there most of my life sadly...wish I could stop it. But i'll get back on track as no matter what I won't give up on this x

What coffee is this? And where did you get it?

Tomorrows a whole new day....going to try come what may x

100% for me yesterday and trying again today. One day at a time or even one meal at a time and I'll get there.
Good luck guys - you can do it.

Back