Getting cramps for a week....

wellandgood

Silver Member
My monthly was due yesterday, nothing yet. i have been having bad cramps like it is coming for over a week. i am NEVER late and have suffered with a condition called mennagorhia for years(excessive bleeding during period). I am definetly not pregnant. My pharmacy told me I would spot but havent had that. Just the opposite. Has anyone else stopped their cycle? will i still gain my monthly water weight even if I dont get it? I have weigh in tomorrow and dont know what to expect. Should I worry? (Sorry any guys reading this, it's a girl thing)

Hi

I cant be 100 % sure about this as im not very regular anyway, but i have had only 2 months of totm since being on LT, i don't get cramps or anything like that but you do hold water, so please don't be too dsheartned tommoz if you havent got a good WI, the next week will make up for it.

Hi

Drastic change in calorie intake can affect your periods as can various other factors so i wouldn't panic at this stage too much. But if it continues for more than a few months then it's worth getting it sorted out. You never know .. this could be the end to your mennhoragia :)

Hi

Drastic change in calorie intake can affect your periods as can various other factors so i wouldn't panic at this stage too much. But if it continues for more than a few months then it's worth getting it sorted out. You never know .. this could be the end to your mennhoragia :)

wouldnt that be great if I could end the mennaghoria? i will try not to worry too much. It is certainly a strange feeling after never missing in my life (except for being pregnant)

Out of interest how long does the water retention last if you're also on the pill? Sounds stupid I know but thanks to a medical condition I'm not allowed to have a period that often so I don't have a clue anymore. Got my first WI tomorrow and annoyingly needed to have a break before easter hols were over. Just started taking the pill again Saturday night though I'm still on so I'm guessing I'm still holding water?

Seph, when you're on the pill you don't have a "true" cycle so the same rules don't apply as the hormonal changes are very different (i.e. much more controlled and with less variation). I took the pill continuously for 4 years (saved me a fortune in tampons lol); the original 7 day break was very much a "social image" thing to placate the catholic churches in USA in the 60s when they were going for liscencing; it's not a medical neccessity which is why Drs are ok about continuous pill taking.

Thanks for the info Gorey! ^^ Good to know I'll get an accurate WI then, also nice to know others take it continuously for that long! Should also help with my fiance, he's terrified I'm going to start rotting from the inside out if I don't have a break. ><

I'm sure if you tell him you'll happily come off the pill if he is willing to wear condoms every single time plus make sure there is always some available plus cover all the costs he will be very agreeable to that idea :p

Lol that's an excellent idea! Surprisingly he's never had any problem with condoms, don't think he'd like to cover the cost of them and all the pain killers every month though. I think the reminder of what it does to me was enough for him this time (used to end up in hospital most months before I was taking the pill though it's gotten a little better since).

Seph, have sent you an email

Back