Getting jiggy with it?

Vickki

My Madame Ms Keana just asked me, Mum would you rather be fat (how nice!) OR skinny with your skin hanging off?? (Strange little child!)
I wanted to ask people that have lost a lot of weight,Do you go jiggly?? Not being rude just thinking am I going to be left with hanging skin that needs cutting off??
I go to curves 3-4 times a week but does this happen???
xxxxxxx

idid read that dukan says its supposed to help your skin not do the flabby bit !!!
but then we will see i have noticed the baby pouch i had has reduced dramatically with the stomach bloat going so i can but hope

I think if u are going to the gym and moisturizing it will help u avoid loose skin. It tends to happen when unloose alot quickly as it takes your skin time to catch up and shrink/adjust. I think Dukan is well paced and not too fast, however, age and amount of weight to loose do come into play. I think if u have around 30-50 kgs to loose it's a possibility.

I think keeping hydrated too, make sure you drink your quota of water per day becuase hydrated skin is more elasticated so more likely to spring back xxx Plus you're exercising so you're toning as well as losing fat

The amino acids in our Dukan diet help support our muscles so there isn't a reduction in muscle mass/tone (obviously if you exercise you can build on this and increase the tone)...it's muscle tone that supports collagen and skin fibres...so with this sort of diet... it shouldn't be an issue that you get "jiggly" :)

hope this helps...x

p.s. "Getting Jiggy with it" I had no idea what the subject of this question was gonna be :):eek: thought it was on an alternative subject :eek:;)

me three lol

Ow you guys are funny!!!
Maybe I will get My silhouette again JUST to be as firm as I can be.....Just incase I go a little (MORE) jiggly .
Have you guys tried it before?? I got sent sample bottles and OMG after about 3-4 weeks My legs looked like bodybuilders ones, Me and my daughter just kept laughing, I NEVER expected it to firm so well but it did, So Maybe I will buy more, Great stuff !
xxxxxxx

I'm not expecting miracles - my last baby was a big one so I had to expand a lot:sigh:. Was told also as it was a 4th baby that it wouldn't just spring back (and it hasn't). Nice image for you all:eek:.

talking of pictures and bellies - must share this one with you all.

I was reading an article about giant veggies the other day and there was a picture of the most enormous pumkin ever. My OH looked over my shoulder and asked 'whose tummy is that?' :mad: you can tell what kind of tummy he is used to looking at :(

awh Mouse!

I can tell you that I too had to steel myself to click on this link (remember I'm at work!!). I was sure we were going to talk about reduced (or increased??? libido) or worse!!

As someone who has in the past lost 70K, yes I have quite a bit of excess skin... but I didn't lose my weight with Dukan, so the same happens over a certain age, with a certain weight loss, anyway.

Frankly, it bothers me not... 'twas worse when full than now (half) empty... and, as I often say, it's my reminder of where I used to be...

awh Mouse!

I can tell you that I too had to steel myself to click on this link (remember I'm at work!!). I was sure we were going to talk about reduced (or increased??? libido) or worse!!

As someone who has in the past lost 70K, yes I have quite a bit of excess skin... but I didn't lose my weight with Dukan, so the same happens over a certain age, with a certain weight loss, anyway.

Frankly, it bothers me not... 'twas worse when full than now (half) empty... and, as I often say, it's my reminder of where I used to be...

You know I'm quite fond of my tummy in a way, and would miss it if it wasn't there at all.

haha the thread title was not what i was expecting.
but this is one of my biggest concerns ever. having always been large i worry that my skin is now used to it. im going shopping later to boots to get some nice skin things, i have heard good things about soap and glorys 'firminator' so im going to get some of that, and i got some bio oil for half price on amazon. oh and palmers breat firming cream, as long as i dont end up with none existant boobilubicals i shall be happy.

as i see it though i can cover skin with clothes and it cant be seen, whereas fat fills the clothes and can definately be seen.

Pearl - you're young so I'm sure you'll be ok. Can't hurt to soap your body vigorously in the shower, but I'm a cynic about all the miracle products (as was the dermatologist I consulted at one point about my excess skin who advised massage with anything!)

Soo... while we're here, has anyone noticed a change in libido since doing the diet?

Soo... while we're here, has anyone noticed a change in libido since doing the diet?

ha probably tmi but i find it easier to try new things and more adventurous now i've lost a significant amount of weight.
my boyfriend picked me up the other day and said "you've lost so much weight we might be able to have sex against the wall soon" (im alot shorter than he is so he'd have to pick me up) made me laugh anyway =p =]

Back