Getting married in July 2014

Shimmies

Wow!! I am so happy to find this section here on the forum. I just got engaged and will be getting married July 12, 2014 at the age of 32. I'm pretty much the last in my entire high school group to get married. I never was one of those girls who dreamed about getting married so I really have no clue as to what is involved, etc. All I do know is that I want to be down to my goal weight or look by the time I get married. I've always been obese my entire life. I was obese in high school photos, prom, my sisters wedding photos, my brothers wedding photos, university graduation pictures, I DON'T want to be obese for my wedding photo's. I want to have a sexy, sultry dress and be the best I have ever been. I plan on only getting married once and I don't want to look back each time and cringe at being obese in my dress.

Congratulations those photos will be with you all your life you definitely want to look your best I always find mini targets help if i look at the big picture i can lose my way but the little goals are much more achievable

I just started planning out mini goals. My first was to get down to 170lbs but the hard part is to figure out how to celebrate the acheivement without food. My family tends to celebrate with food and the fiance has a hard time even thinking of celebrating without food.

That's a real minefield my family are generally on board now but I had to really seriously talk to them about how i felt and how important losing weight is/was to me and that without their support i probably couldnt do it Sit them down and tell them how you really feel about your weight how you struggle and that their sabotage or support will make a hugh difference to whether you succeed or fail in this really important journey. Now my husband (3 months today!!) buys me blueberries as a treat always double checks restaurants with me NEVER buys pizza or kentucky but it was hard for him to stop. He always used to spoil me with choc treats and my son has been even harder he loves to cook but now he adapts all his recipes and makes sure there is loads of veg then when he cooks for me (he's 26 its not child labour LOL) its within plan and we are all happy.

Good luck and remember "All's fair in Love and Slimmming"
xxxx

He is getting better at helping me and being supportive. After talking for a bit I think he is realizing how important this is to me and how much of a struggle I have with it. I actually got diagnosed yesterday with borderline anemia and now how to deal with that as well. Most likly I've had it for a long, long time but never got it diagnosed as it was not extreme enough. I am not bad enough to be classified as having it but my iron levels are low enough for me to being showing symptoms.

Congratulations hun. How are you getting on? Which plan are you following?

Im getting married 26th july 2014, and like you i want to lose weight too!! We can do this, ill try and keep to my diet this time and ill come back each week and tell you how i got on if you'd like to do the same? :)

Back