Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Getting me bits & pieces waxed in preparation!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Without The Pounds' started by big bear, 3 September 2010 Social URL.

1. big bear

big bear A bear on a mission!

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I'm going tomorrow to get defuzzed lol. I'm having full leg & bikini done, not a brazilian or anything just all tidy. I hope that by 5 wks time it won't be all messy again. I'm also getting a pedicure...

Anyone else getting defuzzed in preparation?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bajoleth

bajoleth Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st4lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.5%)
    Diet:
    JUDDD
    I am allegic to waxing so I just 'manage' with shaving, its really difficult though as I know I am missing bits, my OH will help me out in later weeks but he hates doing it so will wait until I can no longer reach:eek: Very jealous of your waxing session:(
    I am having a pedicure and my hair and nails done when I am 38 weeks, Its my 40th birthday so its all been booked by my Mum as a treat;)

4. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    Big Bear this thread did make me giggle!!!!
    I think it's a great idea to get de-fuzzed, I am always petrified that I won't have a warning that labour is gonna start and so I won't be clean and shaven in preparation for the countless people that seem to have to look at your bits whilst you are in labour! lol (Luckily for me my waters usually break an hour or so before my contractions start, so I get a bit of warning and can shower etc!)

I shave like you Bajoleth and totally agree it's a nightmare when you can't see past your tummy any more! lol

Big Bear, I must admit I would worry a little that if you go fullterm or overdue then it will have started to grow back.... lol But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! He He!!!

I was reading an article about a pregnant lady the other day and she was having her eye lashes tinted in preperation for birth and for the sleep deprived 1st few weeks after birth and also to make herself feel better (and save time applying mascara). But she was also having this great treatment done on her hair, which would keep it poker straight and frizz free for 6wks, which I think is a great idea! No more straighteners or blowdrying, you just leave it to dry naturally. From memory doing my hair and makeup were the last things I felt like doing after I'd given birth and in those early weeks with a newborn! Shame the treatment only lasts 6weeks! I just wish I could remember what the treatment was called! lol

I think having things like spa treatments, pedicures, manicures, haircuts etc are such a good idea as when baby comes along we seem to forget about ourselves and just don't have the time for 'me' time! I'm definately going to treat myself in the last few weeks of pregnancy!!!!!

Last edited: 4 September 2010
  5. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lighter life /slim and save
    im trying to work up the courage to have my waxing done :eek: ashamed really im hairy as hell and i own a beauty salon , but this week its gonna have to be done
    dont want people to think there is a yetti giving birth LOL.:D
    did get my eyebrows waxed finally though and had a nice mini manicure with gel polish so it wont chip . and today i had a lovely pedicure with some minx done , so at least my feet look good :D

really need to sort the hair issue out though im just terrified as i remember it being excruciating when carrying dd . lol i really must try not to be such a wimp !!!!

6. sarahG31

sarahG31 New Mum :)

Start Weight:
    16st9lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(12.45%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating whilst breast feeding
    I was just saying this week to DH that he'd have to start dong my legs for me once I couldn't reach! He's more concerned about cutting me so I'm trying to reassure him that it's unlikely he will. He offered to get wax strips and I told him a very firm no! I do have an epilator but I don't fancy that!

7. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    sukie i'm like u too a hairy bear...maybe not as bad as I think..lol

I didn't getting going yet but booked 4 tues.

I hope it doesn't grow back too much before babs arrives x

8. sukie sue

sukie sue this is My time to shine!

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(20.54%)
    Diet:
    lighter life /slim and save
    woo hoo made the move :D.. well made a 'deal' with myself ( oh how very sad !!!) wax the bikini and shave the legs , dont think i could cope with the itchiness of a shaved bikini but couldnt cope with the whole or even half leg wax.
    so got bikini done yesterday and apart from a near miss vomiting sesh from lying on my back causing me to get dizzy (oh what fun we have :D:D:D)it wasnt too bad , sooo happy its done , think i relayed it to my oh about 12 times during our trip to carlisle .. bless him :0)

so guess im ready now
    bag, tick
    bikini wax, tick
    pretty trotters, tick
    see ladies all the essentials sorted , just need to sort out babas room now lol !!!!

9. big bear

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well done sukie got mine all done too...the poor beautician must've been horrified with the amount of hair lol

I've still to pack my bag am so rubbish but H off 2moro & thurs so gonna get loads sorted then (I hope)

So much 2 do but I live 5 mins from hospital so if anything forgotten h can pop home & get it xx

10. Cookie_monster

Cookie_monster Mum to two!

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    13st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World.
    Haha love this thread. I'm sitting here feeling sick as a dog @ 6+ weeks preggers and this thread has cheered me up no end. thanks! X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.