Getting me bits & pieces waxed in preparation!

big bear

A bear on a mission!
I'm going tomorrow to get defuzzed lol. I'm having full leg & bikini done, not a brazilian or anything just all tidy. I hope that by 5 wks time it won't be all messy again. I'm also getting a pedicure...

Anyone else getting defuzzed in preparation?

I am allegic to waxing so I just 'manage' with shaving, its really difficult though as I know I am missing bits, my OH will help me out in later weeks but he hates doing it so will wait until I can no longer reach:eek: Very jealous of your waxing session:(
I am having a pedicure and my hair and nails done when I am 38 weeks, Its my 40th birthday so its all been booked by my Mum as a treat;)

Big Bear this thread did make me giggle!!!!
I think it's a great idea to get de-fuzzed, I am always petrified that I won't have a warning that labour is gonna start and so I won't be clean and shaven in preparation for the countless people that seem to have to look at your bits whilst you are in labour! lol (Luckily for me my waters usually break an hour or so before my contractions start, so I get a bit of warning and can shower etc!)

I shave like you Bajoleth and totally agree it's a nightmare when you can't see past your tummy any more! lol

Big Bear, I must admit I would worry a little that if you go fullterm or overdue then it will have started to grow back.... lol But I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! He He!!!

I was reading an article about a pregnant lady the other day and she was having her eye lashes tinted in preperation for birth and for the sleep deprived 1st few weeks after birth and also to make herself feel better (and save time applying mascara). But she was also having this great treatment done on her hair, which would keep it poker straight and frizz free for 6wks, which I think is a great idea! No more straighteners or blowdrying, you just leave it to dry naturally. From memory doing my hair and makeup were the last things I felt like doing after I'd given birth and in those early weeks with a newborn! Shame the treatment only lasts 6weeks! I just wish I could remember what the treatment was called! lol

I think having things like spa treatments, pedicures, manicures, haircuts etc are such a good idea as when baby comes along we seem to forget about ourselves and just don't have the time for 'me' time! I'm definately going to treat myself in the last few weeks of pregnancy!!!!!

Last edited:
im trying to work up the courage to have my waxing done :eek: ashamed really im hairy as hell and i own a beauty salon , but this week its gonna have to be done
dont want people to think there is a yetti giving birth LOL.:D
did get my eyebrows waxed finally though and had a nice mini manicure with gel polish so it wont chip . and today i had a lovely pedicure with some minx done , so at least my feet look good :D

really need to sort the hair issue out though im just terrified as i remember it being excruciating when carrying dd . lol i really must try not to be such a wimp !!!!

I was just saying this week to DH that he'd have to start dong my legs for me once I couldn't reach! He's more concerned about cutting me so I'm trying to reassure him that it's unlikely he will. He offered to get wax strips and I told him a very firm no! I do have an epilator but I don't fancy that!

sukie i'm like u too a hairy bear...maybe not as bad as I think..lol

I didn't getting going yet but booked 4 tues.

I hope it doesn't grow back too much before babs arrives x

woo hoo made the move :D.. well made a 'deal' with myself ( oh how very sad !!!) wax the bikini and shave the legs , dont think i could cope with the itchiness of a shaved bikini but couldnt cope with the whole or even half leg wax.
so got bikini done yesterday and apart from a near miss vomiting sesh from lying on my back causing me to get dizzy (oh what fun we have :D:D:D)it wasnt too bad , sooo happy its done , think i relayed it to my oh about 12 times during our trip to carlisle .. bless him :0)

so guess im ready now
bag, tick
bikini wax, tick
pretty trotters, tick
see ladies all the essentials sorted , just need to sort out babas room now lol !!!!

well done sukie got mine all done too...the poor beautician must've been horrified with the amount of hair lol

I've still to pack my bag am so rubbish but H off 2moro & thurs so gonna get loads sorted then (I hope)

So much 2 do but I live 5 mins from hospital so if anything forgotten h can pop home & get it xx

Haha love this thread. I'm sitting here feeling sick as a dog @ 6+ weeks preggers and this thread has cheered me up no end. thanks! X

Back