Getting my act together.

Aww Bea 4 weeks without him will be a struggle but it will give you time to focus on you and if you do manage that first stone in those 4 weeks it will be a huge boost for you. When I met my other half we could only see each other on weekends due to work and each having our children living with us and I hated the week days but now I miss my space. How fickle am I lol I'm sure you'll find plenty to do to kill the time.

I have sleep apnoea Bea and the mask is horrendous :( Some people find it easy to adapt to having the mask while they sleep but I couldn't. Maybe that's because I'm claustrophobic at the best of times? I'm sure as the weight comes off it will go and you might be fine especially as it's only just started. I found an extra pillow helps but if it's worrying you go and get it checked out xxx

Ah scarlet I would be the same with the mask I know I could not use. It's an odd sensation it's like as if my airway for a second or so collapses, it's worse if lying on my back and it's eases if push my head back and extend my neck, I am not worried as such mainly because I have an idea of what it is, it's very mild not severe, and I think the solution could be weight loss. I worry more that I must snore, luckily Jon is an heavy sleeper and always seems to drop off quickly, fingers crossed he has not heard much. X

I've always snored when I sleep from being a toddler my mum says and I was never overweight as a child so it's something I've had to deal with from sleepovers with friends to sharing a bed with a new partner. Dai hears me now and again but luckily he always falls asleep before me and snores himself so it hasn't been an issue. I didn't know I had it until I started waking a lot with acid reflux at night and being constantly tired. I went to my gp who referred me to the hospital and they gave me a monitor to wear on my wrist for one night that also clipped onto my fingertip. It measured my heart rate and my oxygen levels, turns out I was waking up over 200 times a night and my breathing was stopping 30-40 times an hour based on the results which is only considered a medium severity case. Losing weight will definitely help, it's the first thing they recommend along with not drinking too much. They know how to ruin peoples fun lol xx

Ladies, this sleep apnea thing sounds awful. Hopefully the weight will come off and will help significantly. My problem is asthma - it gets aggravated when I gain weight.
By the way, although I don't suffer from sleep apnea I still snore! I often wake myself up with a particularly loud snortle, which makes me giggle especiallly when I've got away with it!!

I don't wake myself up snoring I'm a very deep sleeper or so I thought until I had those tests done. Noises don't wake me which is a good thing because my other half sounds like a walrus haha x

Can't sleep missing Jon already. He called to say he was in Istanbul waiting for his flight to Iraq then texted to say he has landed safely, will relax when I know he is back in the rig and safe!!!! Here goes another 4 weeks of bloody worrying!!
Food today
Breakfast nothing felt to upset but drink lots of coffee with dashes of cream left over from Christmas!! 3pp

Lunch warburtons thins x 2 6pp
Lettuce 0pp
Bacon 8pp
Tomato 0pp
Mayo 2pp
Total 16pp
It was lovely and tasty and plent of room for reducing points in the future

Dinner
Asda low fat sausages x 3 6pp
Mash potato 7pp
Peas 2 pp
Onion gravy 3pp
Total 18pp

This evening I had x 3 gin and tonics the ones you buy ready made in a can, not sure if points but people online suggest 5pp as its a double gin and tonic so happy with that 15pp

That works out to 52pp the closest I have been to eating all my points.

Looking back I have noticed a patten for bread and alcohol!!! Yet my scales are def showing a loss! I love how it's possible.

I hope the 4 weeks goes safely and quickly. That's the best bit about doing pp you get to choose what you "spend" them on. Here's to bread and alcohol and still losing weight! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Finally got to sleep, become a minimins stalker last night, reading lots of diaries etc etc, I come across a women who had the Paul McKenna gastric band hypnosis app, so I downloaded it!!!! I was sleeping within 5 mins so don't think it will have fully worked!! But going to give it a shot x if nothing else his voice got me sleeping

subscribed too - read all your diary.

Delighted for you in terms of your engagement, he sounds like a really good egg. Ignore the witch that said those spiteful comments - she should be ashamed.

Good luck with the gastric band, Hershey has been doing incredibly!

Well tried to listen again this afternoon and dropped back off to sleep!!! Maybe my insomnia is linked to not relaxing enough. Mind I still think all the night shifts I work has an effect. So anyway after my nana nap that ended at 3pm I decided to make a curry, I had used no points at this point. So tonight's meal is chicken curry
Rice 3pp
Curry 5pp
Naan bread 4pp
The entire meal 12pp and it was so much, I have stolen smaller plates from my mums, (only own massive plates and have failed to find the perfect sized plate in shops)

This leaves me with 41pp left!!! I feel a bottle of wine may be had again! X

Attachments

• image-1840227290.jpg
    image-1840227290.jpg
    600.9 KB · Views: 34
It was homemade so used the recipe builder in the weight watcher site. I guess it's kinda like a tikka masala. Used my own spices with fresh coriander, ginger and garlic with low fat natural yogurt used 1/2 a pack of sainsburys brown basmati micro rice. It was really filling and so little points.

Another 100% day yesterday,
Breakfast
Weetabix x 2 3pp
Milk 2pp
Blueberrys 0pp
Ww Greek yogurt 1pp
Peppermint tea a massive cup 0pp
6pp

Lunch
Was shopping in Tesco so picked up one of their sandwiches for 6pp chicken salad
Was shocked at how much more my grocery bill was!!! Mind my son come with me and he put in things like Tabasco chocolate (knew there was no chance of me being tempted by that!) it was in the American Isle and cost close to £4!!
Total 6pp

Snack
Warburtons thin 3pp
Philly lightest with a squeeze of lemon juice and a few drops of liquid sweetener 0pp (mixed to be kinda cheese cake tasting) spread on the thin with crushed blueberries 1pp
Total 4pp

Dinner
Fajita home made x 2 with salad 16pp I was going to use an iceberg lettuce leaf instead of a wrap but I had loads spare so used the ww wraps instead.
Total 16pp
That came to 32pp leaving me with 21pp
So when a friend popped in opened a bottle of red she had 1 glass I had 3 so pointed that as 15pp
And for supper I had a meringue with another ww Greek yogurt and strawberries 3pp

Total points 50pp just under my allowance.

Sounds like a really tasty food day and I agree with Cheryl you're doing fab. There's loads of variety to your meals which will stop you getting bored and your cheesecake creation sounds delicious! Xx

Sounds lovely bea. Good to see ideas of what to spend your points on. I have 53 a day so it is good :)

I am now cwtched in bed after a rather manic night shift in A&E!!!!!i am way to tired to put down my good but it was wishing points!!! Oh and I lost 5lbs this week so pleased with that x

Brilliant well done Bea :) xx

Back