getting out of ketosis

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by anje, 9 December 2008 Social URL.

1. anje

anje Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.49%)
    Diet:
    CD
    I have a question for you guys: I know it takes about 3 days to get into ketosis, but I am wondering how the reverse works?
    What do you need to eat (and how much) to get out of it? How long does it take?
    I am asking as I have been making spinach mash for my 6mth old, and have licked the spoon (I know, I know, it is pretty pathetic to be tempted by baby food, but...)
    Have I ruined it? :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dieting Rambler

Dieting Rambler Size 14 Here I Come!

Start Weight:
    20st6lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    3st13lb(19.23%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet SS
    If you have just licked the spoon you should be fine!

Do you have any Ketostix...you can get them from you CDC or any chemist and you can test yourself to check.

Just carry on with your shakes etc and remember you are human and these things happen.

4. pete10141748

pete10141748 Postaholic

Diet:
    LighterLife for Men (VLCD)
    You'll proabably be fine, I think it'd take more than one lick of a spoon to kick you out of the K-zone.

The ketostix are a good idea if you really want to check badly.
    Otherwise, just keep on with the shakes and even if you did go out of keto you'll be back in it soon enough

5. wannabeskinny

wannabeskinny Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(18.32%)
    Diet:
    cd
    dont panic about a lick of a spoon its when you eat the bowl you have to worry x

6. anje

anje Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.49%)
    Diet:
    CD
    Thanks for replies. I only licked the spoon although what I really wanted to do is stick my face in green spinach and polenta mash and eat it like a hog would, grunting and all hahahaa
    I do have some ketostix but they have been opened for more than 6mths so I am not sure they are accurate any more.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.