Getting out of old habits...

madmumof3

Week 1 of sw done, 3lb down!

Now I'm struggling to get out of habit. I'm filling up on everything I should do and not veering from the plan at all, and obviously it's working, but it's still ingrained in me that I should be having a chocolate pudding after dinner!

I'm full up from my dinner but still want a cake, just because I normally do, I'm not hungry!

Anyone the same?

Yeah I was the same! Every lunch time I always had a chocolate bar afterwards' its hard but resist the temptation! Take you're d off it will a drink of read posts on here, after a few weeks you forget the urge. I'm 7 weeks in and don't get tempted at all now! Haven't had a chocolate bar in all the time I've been on plan and don't miss them if I'm being honest!

Oh I still have a kitkat chocolate bar as part of my syns but the gatueax we usually get is 10 syns per teeeny tiny portion! Not even worth it lol

I keep some tesco mini milks (2 syns) in the freezer and also some sugar free marshmallows (1/2 syn each) in the cupboard to beat the after-dinner sweet cravings! Then you can still have a sweet pudding but without the guilt :).

6 large eggs, separated
2/3 cup (150ml of a measuring jug) of Splenda
56 g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 tsp caster sugar
Fry-light

Preheat oven to 180°C and spray an ovenproof cake tin or loaf tin with Frylight.
Whisk the egg whites to the soft peak stage and set aside.
Place the egg yolks in another mixing bowl. Add the splenda and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth.
Add the cocoa powder into the egg yolk mixture and mix until smooth. If it starts to get too stiff, add a little of the egg white mixture.
Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a metal spoon, the mixture should be an even milky chocolate colour with little flecks of dark chocolate.
Pour the mixture into a standard cake/loaf tin.
Bake the cake for approx 25 minutes until springy. Remove it from the oven but leave it in the cake tin to cool.

Makes 4 good slices, 3.5 syns per slice.

Just had some with a warmed up banana and custard muller light. Delicious!

6 large eggs, separated
2/3 cup (150ml of a measuring jug) of Splenda
56 g cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
4 tsp caster sugar
Fry-light

Preheat oven to 180°C and spray an ovenproof cake tin or loaf tin with Frylight.
Whisk the egg whites to the soft peak stage and set aside.
Place the egg yolks in another mixing bowl. Add the splenda and vanilla essence and whisk until smooth.
Add the cocoa powder into the egg yolk mixture and mix until smooth. If it starts to get too stiff, add a little of the egg white mixture.
Carefully fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a metal spoon, the mixture should be an even milky chocolate colour with little flecks of dark chocolate.
Pour the mixture into a standard cake/loaf tin.
Bake the cake for approx 25 minutes until springy. Remove it from the oven but leave it in the cake tin to cool.

Makes 4 good slices, 3.5 syns per slice.

Just had some with a warmed up banana and custard muller light. Delicious!

Wow, I wouldn't have thought that would work without flour or something?

I'll have to try this!!

Have you got a photo?

image-177216122.jpg

Hope this works. The recipe is from the slimming eats website and it's really good. Actually better the next day. It's sort of like a brownie I suppose. It might curb the urge to eat synful gateaux!!
Liz
X

I love these too...

Sw chocolate brownies

56g sr flour (9syns)
44g options (Belgium choc) (4syns)
1.5 tablespoon - flora light (2syns)
4 eggs
10 tablespoon of sweetner

Optional
100g marshmallows (16syns)

Beat eggs, flora and sweetner together.

Then beat in flour and options. Add marshmallows.

Cook 15-20 mins 180* oven.

Cut into 16 squares = 2syns each!

image-2144409403.jpg

View attachment 88740

Hope this works. The recipe is from the slimming eats website and it's really good. Actually better the next day. It's sort of like a brownie I suppose. It might curb the urge to eat synful gateaux!!
Liz
X

Omg, that looks amazing!!

View attachment 88740

Liz
X

That really does look amazing! Going to have to try it!

I find a class of fruit cordial after dinner helps me with my sweet cravings - they haven't quite gone away yet but I do find it easy to resist the temptation as long as I've filled myself up on lots of free food at dinner x

Back