Getting paranoid!

ButtonsTheSuperCat

Silver Member
Last week (week 4) I pretty much stayed the same, on a mix of TS and WS. I've been on TS with a little daily exercise all this week and weigh in isn't until Tuesday. But I am getting paranoid that I'm not losing weight this week either. I'm desperate to know but also absolutely terrified to find out :-( I know what will be, will be but I can't stop worrying. Anyone else feeling paranoia on their diet?!

Hey Buttons,

I know the feeling, I feel like I lost weight and then have put on weight the last couple of days... Weigh in (first one!) is tomorrow!!!!! Nervous and excited!!

Have you done anything to help you like EFT tapping - to tap away your fears, or just visualising and feeling the excitement of your next weigh in being a successful weight drop?? You've experienced it before so easy enough to focus on what it looked and felt like :)

Hang in there, I'm sure you've done great!

Thanks Joyous, I have tried thymus tapping but not EFT, I will have a google (after BGT!) I keep reminding myself I need a belt with my jeans now so it must be going the right way. I certainly hope it is, I really need this to work! It's tough tho, isn't it?!

Still feeling fat and I thought my thighs seemed a little 'wobby'. So just wondered; grabbed the tape measure and measured myself and contrary to my own view of myself, I've lost another inch off everything! That makes two of each body part now. I'm in utter disbelief. And now my paranoia turns to excess wobbly skin... I'm my own worst enemy!

Wow an inch off everything is huge!!!! Feeling like your thighs are wobbly is awful!!!!! This whole thing is tough, I managed to lose some weight and my paranoia that my stomach had gained weight was out to rest - I shred 7.8cms (3inches???) from my stomach! Amazing! No idea why my jeans still felt tight last week! Ah well, onwards and downwards right!!!

EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is absolutely brilliant as it allows you to address the underlying issues behind stuff. So you could work on your paranoia (so should I by the sounds of things!! ;) ) and also reasons why you put on weight and kept it on, so that you don't go back to those behaviours. It's pretty interesting :)

What's thymus tapping??? I meant to ask :)

Your thymus is an (immune system) gland in your chest, just above your breast-bone, and when you gently tap it (worth googling to see how properly) you feel more energised, plus it's supposed to boost your immune system.

Cool thank you :)

Everytime I start to loose weight I always think it's going straight from my boobs and the rest of me just stays the same! Although I put a rain jacket on today that I haven't worn for months and it was ALOT looser than the last time I wore it so it must be going from some other places too! X

Everyone keeps telling me you lose weight from the top down Cherrypie so that's probably what happens.. you notice your boobs first but at the same time your stomach is stealthily reducing... but isn't as noticable! ;) Awesome news about your rain jacket!! I'm noticing that things are getting slightly looser on me, but not enough to make a huge difference in size yet.

Everytime I start to loose weight I always think it's going straight from my boobs and the rest of me just stays the same! Although I put a rain jacket on today that I haven't worn for months and it was ALOT looser than the last time I wore it so it must be going from some other places too! X

Ditto. The girls are disappearing! Lol. And I think you have a good point joyous, not heard it before but it sure rings true (esp if you could see my thunder thighs!!)

If my weight comes off that particulat area first someone's not going to be a happy boy lol x

Hi everyone! Super new to Minimins but wanted to share my paranoia! Nearly 3 weeks into TS and my scales inform me that I have lost nearly a stone, however still feel completely the same. So I am now questioning if my scales are telling me fibs to keep me happy! This makes me resent them even more! X

Hi everyone! Super new to Minimins but wanted to share my paranoia! Nearly 3 weeks into TS and my scales inform me that I have lost nearly a stone, however still feel completely the same. So I am now questioning if my scales are telling me fibs to keep me happy! This makes me resent them even more! X

Hi Tequila (great name!)
I felt/feel exactly like that too! Until I was we'll over 20lb lost, then my clothes suddenly fit a bit better. Still not loose, but I'm two notches up on my belt :) And yet my head is still saying I'm just as fat as before, I have to keep measuring myself to believe it! (Really do get a ape measure!) Are we our own worst enemies, or what?!?! Keep at it, you will get there :)

Hi Tequila (great name!)
I felt/feel exactly like that too! Until I was we'll over 20lb lost, then my clothes suddenly fit a bit better. Still not loose, but I'm two notches up on my belt :) And yet my head is still saying I'm just as fat as before, I have to keep measuring myself to believe it! (Really do get a ape measure!) Are we our own worst enemies, or what?!?! Keep at it, you will get there :)

Thats a super idea! Maybe I will measure when I next get on the evil scales! Omg yes, I know my mind is going to lie to me and try and convince me its not working, which is a cruel trick to play on yourself! Thank you Buttons, I feel very much reassured! Also congrats on how far you have come! Its so inspiring to see people doing so well! X

It's so in your head. Was talking to my sister whos on a similar plan in the US And she was saying she still sees herself as fat. The most recent pic of her to me she looked almost unhealthily skinny and she still wants to lose more!!! Since I haven't seen her in person I'm reserving judgement on whether she's a healthy weight or not. So you can be skinny and still think you're fat.
Really you're just reprogramming your thoughts now, you used to be overweight but that's in the past now :) now you're progressively becoming more slender :) (something I'm working on myself too - thinking thin!)

Back