Getting quite emoptional about my loss

BigBurd

The main reason I started my plan was the purchase of a festival ticket. I knew if I couldn't walk to the end of my drive without breaking a sweat and getting breathless I wouldn't be able to walk a festival site. I had a fall at the same festival while recovering from a bruised pelvis in 2010 and was still in pain daily. I had just got over pneumonia which saw me in hospital and I could feel the weight on my chest making every breathe laboured and difficult. I have PCOS and Insulin resistance so my body loves to store fat cos it cant use it properly. The odds were against me.

But I bought the tickets anyway and started my journey the same day. 6 months on I have shed 53 lbs.

At the beginning I was so sure I could lose loads quickly ( because I had so much to lose), but despite not losing as much as I initially thought I am still in awe that I have stuck it out this long. I think the voice in the back of my head was telling me that I might want to lose it, but I would fail. I am so happy I didn't listen to that inner voice and just blindly kept going.

I wish I could share the feeling with others who are in the same place as I was when I started. Although I still have a long way to go, I now know it can be done despite the odds.

I want to thank everyone on this site for their inspirational and supportive messages and the debates and thought provoking topics. You may not know me personally but this forum has contributed to my loss. Had I not been able to keep going I honestly believe I was a heart attack casualty waiting to happen.

Thanks peeps keep up the battle, see u when I get back
xxx

Hi I am on my fone so can't see ur stats but I am so impressed by ur message, well done on loss, u r so focused and an inspiration.

Thanks for sharing that. I know what you mean with health stuff. I have PCOS, depression (had to break the comfort eating cycle) and thyroid cancer. After removing my thyroid they still havent got my levels right so I often have very low thyroid levels. I started at the beginning of Feb my weight loss journey, and some weeks have been harder than others. But coming especially to this section to see people who have lost and kept going have really inspired me to keep at it. So it is wonderful to read others journeys.

I can relate to this SO much!
The first time i started Cambridge was 2008, my inspiration was watching 'Half a ton mom' on channel 4. I remember crying through the entire programme, i sky plussed it & watched it every day for about a week.. i felt myself getting to that point, i was only 18 but i knew i'd end up bed bound by my 20's. You know when you're certain of something happening, so certain that its almost a fact? Thats how i felt.
I lost 4 stone in 2 and a half months, but unfortunately my mind wasn't quite where it should of been, i didn't see the results like everyone else did, so i got off track and slowly but surely i was 21 years old and weighing 21 stone.

This time round, 13 weeks ago i started Cambridge again for a whole bunch of different reasons, i just bought concert tickets, which cost me alot of money, the concert is February 2013, but i've told myself i WILL be slim by then, I'm 22 years old now, and by my 23rd birthday i want to know the girl staring back at me in the mirror, i want to do things girls my age to, which i've never done. I want to be in the bath and the water to go down the plug with me still in it. I want to be tagged in pictures on facebook and not have to run to my laptop to check what angle they're taken at and make sure i don't look too awful.

Good luck with your journey, and have an amazing time at the festival :) xx

wow xsinhead you go girl your doing great and its nice because all of us girls when we have lost half our body weight will be able to help others like yourself i watched a proramme on tell about obese people in the uk and it made me cry and they worked so hard to get there weight off 3 out of the 5 did it and they looked great it made me sit up plus going to my sisters wedding and seeing the pics was the kick up the bum i needed xxxxxxxxx

Back