Getting started!

kelz89

Ive been telling myself im going to start weightwatchers for weeks and just havent had the motivation to do so! Ahh. But i have to start! Does anybody have any good tips or recipies that could come in handyyy?
:)

If im honest the more you wit for "motivation" the longer it will take. you should just go for it. I decided i would do it but not from 1st Jan as i dont stick to resolutions but i did it a week or so later, best thing i did!

I would recommend tracking everything and starting to get active. Dont beat yourself up if you have a bad week because it isnt worth it!

Food wise, ryvita, low fat cheese triangles and low fat soup are my best friends! as well as plenty of veg and fruit for snacks :)

As someone who regularly ummed and ahhed over joining WW, or SW or calorie counting on my own, or yada yada yada...
Just go for it :) Don't wait, the more you wait the more you will find reasons to put it off, so just go for it :D
Whats the worst that can happen?

Advice - Definitely the tracking, keep a notebook with you, or a post it note to jot down stuff you might eat on the move. It's easy to have a biccie with a cuppa at a mate's house, and "forget" to add it to your points when you get home.
As with any plan, I would say to give it a good full month to settle in. If you put on one week, so what? Look at the bigger picture, you might have a 1lb gain on the 15th, but over the whole month, you still lost 3.5lbs? just an example. Dont let one blip kick you off plan :)

WW is good, it doesnt restrict the range of food you can have, I still have my pepperoni pizza once a week, chocolate biccies, and what not... It all fits in!

Good luck!!!!

Thanks guys! I joined the gym last week and have got a few personal training sessions booked to get me going! So hopefully that will help motivate as well! :) no more umming and arring, im starting tommorow! how did you guys get the ticker and put in your goals etc? :)

hi kelz89 and welcome to the forums! I completely agree with auburn - I also ummed and ahhed over which slimming club I should join - SW or WW. I finally chose WW as I have lost 5&1/2 stone on it before so I know that the points system works! I say go for it and don't look back!

My advice would be to break down your weight loss into smaller chunks and focus on each of those - it will make it more manageable! I track absolutely everything in my WW tracker and have been doing 4 x 30 mins sessions of Davina McCall DVD workouts each week!

With regard to getting the ticker and being able to write your goals into your signature - if you pop to the 'Introductions' forum one of the stickys on the top is called 'Newbies and Posting Privileges' this will explain all - basically you need to have posted a certain number of times before you get extra space in your signature line. The ticker can be found at www.tickerfactory.com from the front page scroll down a bit and on the left hand side is a link titled 'weight loss' if you click this you can create a ticker.

Wishing you all the best of luck on your weight loss journey

Sharkbait1983 x
:p:p:p

Good luck to you as well christie! :)

& thanks sharkbait1983, i shall go look at that now! oh and does the davina dvd work?

So with the food diary and you just posting what you eat in the day etc? Im completely new to this so have nooo clue! lol. :)

hi kelz, I love the Davina DVD's - I have them all! I mix and match throughout the week so that I do not get bored and raid the food cupboard. I especially love the Cardio boxing section of her 'Three 30 minute workouts' DVD. Great for getting rid of any stress from the day! I push myself hard when doing them and have the obligatory aching muscles the following day. Hopefully when I measure myself in a few weeks time the effort I am putting in with the DVD's will be worth it!

I also use '10 minute solutions' workout DVD's as well - these can be quite difficult but again hoping they will be worth it! I also purchased 'Jillian Michaels 30 day shred' yesterday - have not tried it yet - may have to build up to it!

Hope this helps

Sharkbait1983 x

Ive been pondering over whether i should buy one of davinas dvds for a while, maybe i will! then when im not motivated to go to the gym i can just whack that in the dvd player! Oo and let me know how the Jillian Micheals dvd is when you try it please! :)

i will do! It is sitting in the corner calling for me to try it out but having read the reviews of it - it may kill me so am going to leave it a little while and get a bit fitter before trying it out!

Will keep you posted as and when I do!

Sharkbait1983 x

Im not joining, just doing it from home as mum has the books etc. Day was going good until i found out i need to spend 350 pound on my car :'( thanks for asking :)

Gads. Don't even get me started on cars... mine is just.... actually, no, I'm not starting ;)
My last bill prompted a phonecall to the bloke to say "how do you feel about not going on holiday this year"....:(!

It is just ridiclious :( so i got sad. and ate a dominoes. which in result has made me sadder!!

Back