getting started....

rharbord

I desperately want to do this but have no will power. Naughty food is in and eaten before I've even thought about what I've done. It's ridiculous I'm an adult and know right from wrong so this in sense should be easy to start and stick to, so why can't I just do it. Or at least start and stick to it. Stupid or what!

Hi, as a serial yoyo dieter, my number 1 piece of advice is to clear your cupboards of tempting food! If its not there you can't eat it.

I totally agree with that but is not very practical as my husband isn't joining me so if I did this he would be so mad! Plus to add to my lengthy excuses I have two little boys who have so treats and ive been known to have a couple.

Like I say I'm an adult who should have will power.... Any other tips

The magazine is a good start. This issue has some lovely recipes to try and some fab stories to inspire. I would really recommend writing a weekly menu and shopping for that so you have all the ingredients in for the next week. Remember to include snacks in your meal planning yoghurt fruit etc good luck!!

Also a good tip is to buy snacks for your boys that you don't like. I'm not keen on white chocolate so I would buy that for them to eat

Don't think that you cant have any goodies....that way you'll want them even more. try and get started and think i'll have a little treat...and just syn it in - that way you can fill up on free and superfree foods and keep your syns for goodies....and maybe sway towards your little one's treats (which would be lower in syns) than the goodies that you have there for your OH??
its so hard somtimes isnt it :( x

Im the same if it's in il have it.my husband is not joining me either. I thought tomorrow would be a good day to get back to it as ive got loads of fruit and veg in but then i discovered that i also have half a tin of heros and some biscuits left from christmas :(

Hi :)

Well I still live at home and so me and my mum are currently on sw, but my father isn't. So he has his snacks and we basically hide ours. We have our own secret stash (if feels more naughty when I hide them lol) and they basically consist of small packs of chocolate fingers (6.5 syns), small pack of haribo's (3syns), small bar of milyway (4i think) and we also have quavers, space invaders (3syns!!!) and wotsits. I tend to leave all my syns to have with a cup of tea at night so I could have 1packet of fingers, 1 packet of safari biscuits and some space invaders for my 15syns!!

We have loads of chocolate left but I know if I go to my cupboard for chocolate everything is low in syns and as they're all miniatures as well they last longer than normals sized bars :)

It is very hard for me too to stick to my food plan with two kids and a very sweet husband :mad: who when ever he hears the word diet, comes home loaded with sweets:( so I kept my self busy: planning my meals and learning new recipes. best of all make sure you are always full. Because if you feel hungry and can't find any planed meals around you will munch on sweets. Keep syn free soup in the freezer for sudden hunger attack, it's usually helps me.

small packs of chocolate fingers (6.5 syns), small pack of haribo's (3syns), small bar of milyway (4i think) and we also have quavers, space invaders (3syns!!!) and wotsits.

Wow, thanks for this! Restarting SW tomorrow, but with my husband this time! I am always grateful for finding out where my syns will take me :)

Wow loads of tips and love the idea of a secret stash. I think I go from being ridiculously good with min syns to a binge. I no that's my downfall as I can survive for 4 days being an angel then go off the rails. It's the balance of food I need to sort out. I've always done it even when I was little and raided my mums choc cupboard.... I'm after a sensible happy medium and sw is it as I want to pass the principles on my my family and not my current 'eat like a sparrow and then like a pig' ways. I also think it will happen instantly as I've joined and go the books so my vbad eating habits should have gone. I know that's stupid as they have been here for the last 20 years,

don't beat yourself up about it....i reckon we've probably given ourself enough guilt over the years with one thing or another! i reckon if you try to syn in a wee bit of something everyday, you might not go off the rails/binge as much as you said you do sometimes (if you've been super good for a few days)
i know we're all different and it is hard when our OH can sit with huge bars of chocolate and not put on an ounce....but a little bit of something is better than nothing at all...and if you want to be good for days and have nothing at all...then treat yourself with a reward...just really try not to make it a tin of chocolates ;) hehe x

Back