GETTING STARTED

Kitty

Went to my first LL meeting tonight and got my food packs and got weighed etc. There is only four of us in our group at the moment four never turned up. Our consultant is hoping one more will come next week.
I am really looking forward to getting started tomorrow as I should have started last week but the meeting was cancelled as some of the group were ill and they were the ones that never turned up tonight.
I will keep you posted on how I get on.:)

very best of luck to you kitty and welcome to minimins. any time u need a bit of support, to vent or have a giggle...we r all here :D

Yeah good luck Kitty!

Plenty of people here to help if you ever have a question or just need someone to speak to!

Enjoy! :)

x
Mike

Welcome Kitty - I'm on Day 5 at the moment and really haven't found it too bad at all...and not having to prepare meals (or deliberate over takeaway menus) seems to free up loads of time so am finding it quite liberating - Good luck for your first day tomorrow and let us know how you get on,

Gxx

Welcome kitty and good luck hun.

Why not come over and join the LL starters in January thread as we have all started within the last couple of weeks.

if you want to, I can post your stats for you, just let me know what they are.

Welcome again and enjoy the ride!!!!!!!

Hi and welcome kitty - good luck in starting today. Plenty of water really is the key to losing the weight on VLCD.

Start a diary thread to give you something to look back on - and motivate you to keep going. Take lots of photos and measurements too.

Well I have had my first pack hot vanilla with a teaspoon of coffee in it. I thought it was okay and enjoyed it. I have also nearly finished my first litre of water which has been a bit hard, but will just have to keep drinking.
The one thing I think I will miss most is my coffee with milk in as I usually drink about 12mugs a day. I have cut down over the last week and have replaced some with peppermint tea so hopefully I will cope.
Has anyone else had a problem cutting milk from there coffee and any suggestions on how to make it easier.

i really miss my milky coffees. fresh from the coffee pot with the occasional sqirt of cream too :(

havent overcome it. i have the vanilla packs with some instant decaf coffee and a tablet sweetner but thats about it. being slim is more important than guzzling coffee (well thats what i tell myself lol).

ive started having tetra packs with boiled water to make nice tall hot chocolates and thats becoming a firm fav instead of coffee.

hope someone else has a more satisfying answer for u (and me!)

xxxx

I thought I would really struggle with coffee, like you i drank about 12 cups a day and with more milk than water mostly...

I didnt think i could do it black so for the first 2 months i concentrated on getting a water into first thing in the morning - I'd set a target of 1 litre before work and found it soon woke me up.

After a few months of no coffee I did try it black and found it suprisingly great!
Other than that give yourself time, you will find you get tons of energy from the packs themselves.

i agree with all that armetis. i make sure i have 1 litre of water by 9am. only have the black coffee every other day but it is suprisingly nice. just a matter of getting used to it for me. always use decaf now so my caffine addiction is history yay!

hi Kitty, Welcome to the boards, i always uuse my vanilla pack as coffee. I usually only use half at a time though, i have got used ti black coffee but its not the same. My biggest miss of all is a lovely cup of tea (i hate black tea, not nice at all).

Have you tryed mixing half the choc pk and half the raspberry.....Very nice.

Good luck hun, look forward to reading your posts............

xxx

Thanks for all of your well dones - very pleased with myself and can't wait to get back to it for the week and see how I get on.

Really looking forward to planning some shopping trips in March when I hope I will look loads different !:)

Kitty - meant to say all the very best of luck - I found my wall hard but am on the top now !:)

Just keep drinking water.....................

Back