Getting stick for being on LT

TheMilkTrayMan

I have kept it a bit of a secret that I am doing the LT diet, as I know what people who don't understand how I feel will say/think. Not even told my business partner, who is also dieting, even though he has asked me 20+ times what diet I am on!

I did however tell a very good friend of mine, as i thiught she would be sympathetic, as an industry insider so to speak, she is an area manager for WW. How wrong was I!!?? She told me I was "nuts", must be "fanatical about weight loss, which isn't healthy", "I am doing untold damage to my body", "the weight will go STRAIGHT back on" etc etc. Totally destroyed my self asteem about being on the diet, and about at last feeling good about myself.

Is she right? Am I doing damage to my body? Will the weight go straight back on?

I am not stupid, I know if I eat ALL of the things I like that I am bound to put weight back on. In fact I expect to put 7-10lb on when i finish as part of settling at a new natural weight. But if I am sensible and balance diet with exercise and only have the occassional high calorie/fat treat, surely the weight will stay off, won't it?

Nx

I reckon youre switched on about it all,if it was damaging then why do so many Pharmacists recommend it? Not dissin your friend but would it have something to do with her advocating WW?

These people make me SO MAD!!:whoopass:
This really works if we do it right. vis a vis no cheating and getting to goal, then re-feeding, maintanence, then a healthy eating plan.
There are hundreds or thousands of successes out there. It,s GP approved and tell her to go take a hike:badmood:
The people who "fail" will be the ones who see LT as a short-term "quick fix" and don't follow the rules.
N, you, me and all the people who post on here are going to make it WORK!!:D

Tell her to ring this number.... 0121... do one !

It's a very positive step you are taking by starting this journey, & one that it supported / backed up by the medical professionals... obviously people who read & listened to scare-mongering on the back of a fag packet are MUCH more knowledgable eh....

WW people will always diss VLCD, as it means they aren't making the money!!
Doctors and such actually formulated these diets....Clinical studies have been carried out before VCLD's went public and got cetified safe and effective, the diest have to met certain criteria one of them bring the NICE guidelines and these programs are high used by the health service.. near me it's hope hospital, they reccommend, supply and supervise the diet to obese people ( they do it on perscription so its free, shame its too far away for me to go every week)
So to all the uneducated people who tell stories and scare monger there are 100 doctors to back up the fact the diets are safe and effective to use!!!
Like you say if you go and sit in subway everyday and munch 'CRAP' yes, you will gain all the weight back on more; however, if you use this 'program' the way it's supposed to be used you will do grand. LT is a retraining program for your body, the period of abstaince is to retrain your taste buds, reeducate you about food and allow your stomach to shrink to accept proper portion sizes and if you use it wisely you will maintain forever!!!
So bascially i am saying tell her to 'chuff off' or side step the convo and crack on with LT!!!! Don't you dare give into to people who are misinformed!!!!!!

Although in her defence if you take a peek at Wikipedia you can see that after 3 yrs only 5% of people whi do these diets keep the weight off!

Id tell her to jog on hun. dont let her get to you, your doing this for yourself and you know what you have to do not to gain the weight back when you finish. xxxx

WW people will always diss VLCD, as it means they aren't making the money!!
Doctors and such actually formulated these diets....Clinical studies have been carried out before VCLD's went public and got cetified safe and effective, the diest have to met certain criteria one of them bring the NICE guidelines and these programs are high used by the health service.. near me it's hope hospital, they reccommend, supply and supervise the diet to obese people ( they do it on perscription so its free, shame its too far away for me to go every week)
So to all the uneducated people who tell stories and scare monger there are 100 doctors to back up the fact the diets are safe and effective to use!!!
Like you say if you go and sit in subway everyday and munch 'CRAP' yes, you will gain all the weight back on more; however, if you use this 'program' the way it's supposed to be used you will do grand. LT is a retraining program for your body, the period of abstaince is to retrain your taste buds, reeducate you about food and allow your stomach to shrink to accept proper portion sizes and if you use it wisely you will maintain forever!!!
So bascially i am saying tell her to 'chuff off' or side step the convo and crack on with LT!!!! Don't you dare give into to people who are misinformed!!!!!!

Im scared :(:(:(:(:( ... agree 1million percent with 'Nicker elastic' here:D

WHY you scared babe?? I am not scary...am i ... i think of it as passion rather than scary!! And i am very passionate about it!!! hehehe

WHY you scared babe?? I am not scary...am i ... i think of it as passion rather than scary!! And i am very passionate about it!!! hehehe

Jooooookkkkkkkiiiiiiinnnnnnnggggggg - :D

Lol loving my new nick name 'nickster elastic' hahahahaha cool!!

maybe if you gave her 5-6 quid a week to sit in one of the ww classes, lost weight really slowly, and had to keep going back as you got fed up waiting to lose weight and kept coming off the diet she would be happy!

as for 5% keeping the weight off, i think that statistic applies to most diets anyway.

i know i have lost weight before and regained it, but i think if you chose between eating too much again or not eating at all for weeks it will renew your motivation to keep a check on your food intake.

as 'nicker elastic' (lmao) said - its a reeducation program too, life will keep teaching you the same lessons until you learn them, that applies to ww, sw, LL, LT, and sh1t with egg on diets the world over!

I agree totally with "nicker elastic" etc. I have lost 5 stone in 6 months before on an exercise regime from hell and kept it off for 1 year before putting back on 7st. This time I swore as I was on lipo, I would see a shrink to help me cope with stress and eating triggers. I highly recommend lt, and also recommend talking to someone bout why you choose to overeat. well, in my humble opinion most people dont get to 16/17stone because their hungry.WW doesn't address these issues either, it assumes we are unaware of the fact that chips and choc make you fat. I think most overweight people know more about calories than most. I think lipo is great cause you start from scratch and the ball is in you're court to make good choices or fail miserably! I left ww last year cause I found it condesending to be told that a mushroom is my friend. I know what is good for me its putting it into practice and I've got more support on this site than in any ww meeting I've ever attended.My opinion only!lipo rocks full stop...look as for you're health more people die from obeseity related illness than anything else..go figure.

IGNORE it hun - you know what you are doing!!

Thanks all, appreciate the support. You are dead right! Onwards and upwards, sod the doubters!! Nxx

NO - onwards and downwards hun!!!

If she thinks your damaging your body on Lt then she should read some of the ingredients in the ww food. Surely sweetners and all that crap are not good for the body, yeah they may be low in fat but pfft high in other rubbish xx

this post very interesting. I agree with every-ones comments and from a personal point of view I have lost alot of weight on ww in past, 3 or 4 different times and have always put it back on ! Its too slow for me now and as every-one said if you go back to your old eating habits you will re-gain the weight on any diet!! I have seen the light now and know why I am over-weight - eating fat makes you fat! simple as........:sigh:

Back