Getting the most from my syns

SarahLou84

Hello!

I don't think I am having enough Syns at the moment. I know I should have 5-15 a day but some times I am not even hitting 5. At the moment I am quite happy and satisfied eating all the good stuff but I understand that I need to have the Syns for the plan to work effectively.

So what is the best way to use my syns? I don't want to just eat a bar of chocolate because I am allowed to. I'd like to use them in a healthy way.

So any suggestions for healthy snacks that can up my Syns intake?

I am following Extra Easy.

Oil
Nuts
Seeds
Dried fruit
Fruit juice
Avocado
Honey
Bread
Bagels
Wrap

You could make your own flapjacks - there are recipes on here :)

Thank you! I do love snacking on nuts and dried fruit so maybe I will get some - delicious and nutricious!

You will have very little nuts or dried fruits for your syns. Why not have your syns to have an odd takeaway or to have a nice sauce on your dinner.
I would use your syns to have a odd treat because if you keep saying no to certain things you will end up craving them. You need to eat 5 to 15 syns each day.
I know if I don't use my syns I won't loose weight.

Maybe fresh fruit juices? I believe they have syns? Or something like peanut butter on toast (if you like it?) hot chocolates? X

Avocado is 14 syns. I love them! Olive oil 6 syns tbsp. nuts. Seeds. More ryvita babybel etc. hifi bars. Stewed fruit.

I am hitting 15 syns pretty much every day. I know this is a bit cheeky but would you mind posting a days food? I'd like to know where I can cut out syns if I need to and am always interested in the menus of those who don't eat many :)

I wish I struggled to not eat my syns! I tend to use my on Starbucks skinny sugar free vanilla lattes, honey (I eat a lot of natural yogurt, honey and blueberries) and then extra bits in meals, sauces etc.
As I have a very sweet tooth, I'm pleased I have syns!

I love my syns! I tend to use a lot of chocolate but I do like to use them for cooking too. So I might syn a small naan bread to go with curry, some coconut milk to make the curry with or some olives to put in a side salad. Or a nicer yogurt for dessert, the fat free ones can be really watery and taste too much of sweetner so I syn a real yogurt sometimes. I have been known to syn bread too - synned a cheese sandwich last week (homemade) as I wasn't well, had already used my HEXBs and it was all I felt like eating!

Back