Getting To Know You :-)

stef2009

Gold Member
Getting to know you =D

Last edited:
It was a good idea Stef. It's super quiet on this board, I started this diet with Exante and their boards are much more active.

Hello! I'm starting this diet next week, have never done a VLCD before so I'm really weirdly excited!! I have about 5 stone to lose before next July as I'm getting married. Looking forward to chatting with everyone! Hope it's ok to post here..it said getting to know you so thought I'd set the ball rolling? Lol! Xxx

Welcome Zoe!! I was the same as you, starting the VLCD was super exciting for me too. I think it's cos you KNOW it's going to work really well! The 5 stone will be gone in no time!!! :) enjoy!!!!

Hi ladies, I deleted my original post as it got 84 views and no one seemed to one want to join in haha anyway glad its being used!
I did s&s for the first time last January and managed to lose 3 stone in 10 weeks on slim and save so believe me you have plenty time, and yep it is super exciting =D
My aim was for my wedding too which is in 7 weeks eeeeek!
Good luck ladies xxx

Hellooo I'll join in... after years of my weight yo-yoing going from binge eating to ridiculous crash diets this is my 1st ever 'proper diet'.. and fingers crossed once I'm at goal I can just eat like a normal human being. Tomorrow is my 100th day of this diet which is scary as hell! Ahhhh. Best of luck to you all! :D xx

Hello, I am a serial dieter/secret binge eater. Find getting to goal not as difficult as staying at goal and that is the huge hurdle I need to overcome this time. Together we can do this.

Well done Rachel, I was in your position last year, did 3 full months without any breaks, seems like forever but its worth it, stick at it girl :p

Fatgirl, well done so far on your journey, your right keeping it off is the hardest, I managed to keep it off and keep loosing for another year and eventuallyy gained a stone and a half, hence why im here getting it back off :)
Im.sure U will overcome ur hurdle this time around, plenty of support on here :) xxx

Hi there. Been a member for ages. Lurking mainly. Am now on Day 2 and find the day times ok but come 5pm it's a real struggle. All to do with thoughts rather than actual hunger. Am totally focused and enjoying seeing how everyone else is doing! Good luck everyone. :)

Hi Im restarting S&S. I did well on the 2 weeks that I did S&S then I don't know what happened :sigh: I just lost focus & put it all back on. Oh well nevermind. I have about 8 days left from last time so I started this morning :D but ive also ordered the 28 day pack which will last me 5 weeks as I have 4 packs a day.

Hi started slim & save yesterday, so far so good although a bit of a headache. I have a lot to lose but determined to do it as I have booked a holiday for November next year.

I have a little experience of VLCD as I did the Cambridge diet in 2009 and lost 6 stone for my wedding. However fell back into my old ways very easily and now most of it is back on. :break_diet:

So far not so keen on the meals but loving the shakes, in particular strawberry. I have joined the Christmas challenge to keep me focused and I am hoping the support on here will help as well. Also hope I will provide some support for others. x

The people on here are so supportive and positive! I've found it's helped me so much!!

Welcome back and good luck to those restarting! You can and will do it!!!

The 5 o'clock munches get me too, I usually have my 3rd meal around 4 or so to help combat that. Mostly I think its old habits... And needing water :)

Hi all
Hope everyone is having a good day. Such lovely weather here - hot too hot but lots of sunshine.

Weekends are tough as your routine is out the window. During the week I'm at work so get into the habit of shake in the morning (I love banana!) and then a bar at lunch and meal in the evening. No fridge to keep dipping in and out of and always occupied.

I really hope I hit the 13s this week. I ordered some mint choc shakes and curry noodle soups which should arrive on Tuesday. Hope they are as nice as they sound! I do like most of the S&S packs (not brave enough for oatmeal). I tried Exante before and I thought they were vile!

Hi all
Hope everyone is having a good day. Such lovely weather here - hot too hot but lots of sunshine.

Weekends are tough as your routine is out the window. During the week I'm at work so get into the habit of shake in the morning (I love banana!) and then a bar at lunch and meal in the evening. No fridge to keep dipping in and out of and always occupied.

I really hope I hit the 13s this week. I ordered some mint choc shakes and curry noodle soups which should arrive on Tuesday. Hope they are as nice as they sound! I do like most of the S&S packs (not brave enough for oatmeal). I tried Exante before and I thought they were vile!

Oh the oatmeal is vile - tastes like the exante porridge!!! However the porridge isn't sweetened so isn't so bad :) thank god! Off the diet I have porridge as my breakfast unsweetened and going to the artificially sweetened version was an affront to my taste buds! They were NOT happy! I hate artificial sweeteners and won't go near them as a general rule but figure for the short time I'm on this ill just relax about having them :)

Those choc mint shakes are gorgeous, both as a drink and as mousse :)

Good luck getting into the 13s this week!!! :)

I quite like the oatmeal & the sweet porridge ?

There's only a few packs I really don't like which is good news.

Hi to everyone im back on this again have done it before but kinda fell of the wagon and kept starting and stopping and stuff but have a holiday to mexico in 6 weeks and need to get off about a stone so fingers crossed i get it off!!!

Finding it hard today as its day one and I know i will have to come off onto low carb at the weekend! Then im doing two week straight.O yeah plus i have a bit of a hangover from my OH birthday at the weekend so craving sugary coffee.

Anyway nice to meet everyone and hopefully give us some great support.

xxxx

Hi everyone, I've just received my packs today so am starting tomorrow & actually looking forward to it! I've tried every diet going without much success. But earlier this yr I did the cambridge diet & actually lost just over a st but got fed up with it as only actually liked one shake but loved not having to plan meals so hoping this will work better for me. Am so looking forward to feeling more comfortable in my clothes & healthier too! X

Back