Getting worry. Anyone been to america?

Lameface

I'm getting really worried as I'm off to America in 3 weeks and I don't want all my hard work to go down the toilet. I've never been before so I don't know what food is like over there. I've only heard all the horror stories.

I've only ever been to California but restaurants like applebys show points values on their menu. Everywhere always do lovely salads. California is quite health conscious so will generally cook your food any way you want x

I struggled to eat in America because everything was covered in salt.

There was a really good chain called Sweet Tomatoes which had a salad bar, it was amazing!

Yeah that why I'm so worried. It's all fast food stuff like burgers and fries isn't it? We're going to Disneyland, Florida. Eeeek, must have will power!! Haha.

There is a web site that lists all the restaurant chains and their points, you can lso buy thr ww eating put guide fr the us from amazon. I go yearly and last time after a 3week stay lot 1 lb a d we ate out a lot! Have salad but ask for dressing on the side, avoid the bread which thyegive out at every meal good luck

Ah brill, thank you for the great tips. I try not to eat bread anymore anyway so can do that no probs and I'll def look for a u.s eating out guide. I don't mind being bad here and there as we'll be doing a lot of walking, I just don't wanna completely go overboard.

Have a look at the USA weight watchers they'll give you point values for their food stuffs, you can eat healthy over there I've never had a problem. They're pretty used to having people ask for healthier options such as no dressing, half portion, skimmed milk. Some menus now have nutritional info and indicate healthier options. California pizza kitchen & The cheesecake factory do amazing salads and grilled food it's not all pizza and cheesecake!!

Most of all enjoy yourself! :)

America has fast good places that everything you order is covered in grease.

But

It also has lots of lovely resturants that are fairly healthy!

You'll be fine! Just stay clear of the buffets!

It's not all fast food! But the bad food seems to be the cheapest! But they do have salads at the fat food joints!

There are healthy choices on most menus in any country! They are just less advertised and harder to find!

Thanks guys. I'm feeling a lot better and more relaxed about it now. We have a pool at our villa so I can swim everyday and we'll be doing a lot of walking, so at least I can get some exercise. :)

We've been to Florida & love Golden Corale; it's a buffet which means you can chose what you eat & there is so much choice it will suit the whole family. I think it's about $12.99 pp.

But overall we find the portions very large & the choice of food not very healthy, and they seem to put sugar in everything:eek:

Have a lovely holiday:D

Tbh every time i've been to american (been orlando twice and vegas) I didn't eat much lol maybe it was the excitement or the heat. The way I see it, eat sensibly as you would if you were going on hols in england. It's not a completely different world! Go for what you KNOW are healthier options... but remember u are on your holiday!! I would recommend that US eating out guide, sounds great (i mean purely because portion sizes are very ...different lol even for places like mcdonalds!).

WWs is american too so im sure that u can pick up WW bits on the go from Walgreens etc...

Above all have an amazing holiday!

PS. Would recommend, tho its probably a gazillion points, but if you go to Downtown Disney theres a place called Earl of Sandwich and they are to die for! I went to the one if Vegas and it was heaven!xx

you can go to a ww meeting close to where you will be staying and ask the members for advice on the best restaurants to go in the area? This way you also have the added outcome of being weighted and keep focus! Go to www.weightwatchers.com and search for a meeting close to your hotel!

Lameface said:
Yeah that why I'm so worried. It's all fast food stuff like burgers and fries isn't it? We're going to Disneyland, Florida. Eeeek, must have will power!! Haha.

I was supposed to be going to Florida this Wednesday. Have doubley fun for me :D x

Back