Gherkins

Midnight-Sparkles

I can do this!
I know you can have up to 200g of certain veg on S&S and that one of those are Gherkins. Are we allowed the ones in sweet vinegar? As I just brought a jar in preperation of moving to S&S and want to make sure I have the right ones.

Guess it depends on the carbs in whatever they are pickled in. I would have thought sugar based vinegars would rule it out to be honest.

Guess it depends on the carbs in whatever they are pickled in. I would have thought sugar based vinegars would rule it out to be honest.

Yeah I didn't think about that until I got home. I wish it was more clearer on the S&S leaflet that came with the packs. Also what are we supposed to do after 12 weeks when it says we must take a 2 week break. Does this mean packs plus a protein meal? or a break from it altogether. :confused:

Sorry to be a pain. lol

Can't answer that one I'm afraid as I had a break after 6 weeks for a holiday (was a full blown out of ketosis break with added alcohol ;)) and I won't reach 12 weeks before I break for Xmas which will be a proper non ketogenic break too. Girlsbig98 might know the answer as she reached 12 weeks without a break on this diet. I would think though that if we were to follow the add a meal guidelines that some of the other VLCD plans have you'd be on the right track. For me though a break will always be due to some event that I need to break for like a holiday or office Xmas party :) so am unlikely to make it all the way to 12 weeks without some sort of an out of ketosis break. Although I'm very keen to get to goal I'm not going to make myself miserable while I'm getting there. As long as I can manage to get back onto the diet when I've had my break and tough it out to get into ketosis again I'm fine with that. I've managed it once so I hope I can do so again.

As for the allowed veggies / salad I tend to follow the Atkins guidance as long as the calories are pretty low as that's far better documented and follows the same principles.

Can't answer that one I'm afraid as I had a break after 6 weeks for a holiday (was a full blown out of ketosis break with added alcohol ;)) and I won't reach 12 weeks before I break for Xmas which will be a proper non ketogenic break too. Girlsbig98 might know the answer as she reached 12 weeks without a break on this diet. I would think though that if we were to follow the add a meal guidelines that some of the other VLCD plans have you'd be on the right track. For me though a break will always be due to some event that I need to break for like a holiday or office Xmas party :) so am unlikely to make it all the way to 12 weeks without some sort of an out of ketosis break. Although I'm very keen to get to goal I'm not going to make myself miserable while I'm getting there. As long as I can manage to get back onto the diet when I've had my break and tough it out to get into ketosis again I'm fine with that. I've managed it once so I hope I can do so again.

As for the allowed veggies / salad I tend to follow the Atkins guidance as long as the calories are pretty low as that's far better documented and follows the same principles.

Thanks Bordersgirl

I guess I'll just wait and see if I can get to twelve weeks first and worry about it then as it is I am only coming towards the end of week 3 on Exante so when I do start Slim & Save it will be starting over so twelve weeks wont be until Feb. I just hope my willpower stays in check until then :D

I just looked on the back of my Gherkin Jar it says 100g's is 9 carbs. I weighed one and it was 38g which I assume would be 4 carbs. so might be able to get away with one now and then. Although knowing me they will probably just stay in the back of the fridge untouched for fear of ruining my diet. lol :D

If I really want something a bit off plan then as long as I count the calories and carbs and factor them into what I have that day and can justify it then I have it. It's all about making informed decisions. I have a proper coffee at weekends. Skinny latte pod from our machine, 49 calories, 6g of carbs and tastes fantastic. :) I don't drink much coffee at all but it's my little weekend treat. I'm sure the odd gherkin won't affect you too much! It's not like it's a hunk of bread and jam :)

I wondered about what kind of gherkins too.
I have a dolce gusto machine n love it! Loved the skinny caps had 1 a night prior to this. Have been having the odd cafe americano with a touch of skimmed n thats good! Going to try with soya mik next time.

Yeah that's the machine we have Suze. I'm not big on coffee but I do like the odd latte from the machine. The skinny pods are great for a little treat on this diet. I've got a packet of the skinny capp too but haven't tried them yet. Wouldn't have one every day although it'd still only be 350 calories over a week. Pre this diet I would think nothing of scoffing something with more calories than that as a single snack!

Back