Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

GI and CC

Discussion in 'Calorie Counting' started by Capirossi, 10 July 2009 Social URL.

1. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hi all.

Is anyone following a low GI plan and counting the calories? I pretty much eat a low GI diet anyway it seems, after doing some research into it, but they all say not to count the cals. I can't see the harm in it though, surely it's the best of both worlds?!

If anyone is doing GI, I would be interested to see what type of things you eat on a daily basis. :D

Cheers,

Nat
    x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Karma

Karma Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(29.85%)
    Diet:
    Calorie Counting/low GI
    I am following a low GI/low calorie plan, although I do still have occasional high GI foods for treats, like cake/crisps etc.

My typical day is pretty much like this:

Breakfast - 2 x wholemeal toast (+ cup of tea).

Morning snack - Walkers baked mango chilli crisps.

Lunch - soup (always packed with lentils/pulses)

Afternon snack - lots of low GI fruit, which I must say really does fill me up (today I have kiwi fruit, apple and raspberries chopped up in a little container).

Dinner - Fish and vegetables, mushroom burgers and salad, vegetarian curry...(I very rarely eat carbs of an evening, although i will occasionally have a low fat naan bread with a curry,depending on how many calories I have left fo the day however when I make the burgers, I have them without bread/bap).

I also drink lots of water - atleast 2 litres a day.

4. Capirossi

Capirossi Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Thanks Karma. The fruit sounds gorgeous, I must add more fruit to my diet.... lol

I am not taking any bread at all, but if I absolutely must then it will be Nimble wholegrain. I am having porridge for breakfast, then homemade flapjacks (no added sugar, lots of protein) for mid-morning snack. Lunch will either be low fat onion and chive cottage cheese on organic oatcakes, or wholemeal pasta and tuna/chicken or some other meat with a handful of unsalted cashews and peanuts as afternoon snack. Haven't quite worked out the rest of the day yet, but am aiming for low GI/lots of protein, will probably have a couple of small protein shakes, especially as I will be weight training. OOh and of course my sugar-free jelly - I see there's another fan of that on here somewhere!!!;)

I am trying not to weigh too often either. I will weigh first thing Monday morning, then I won't weigh again until I notice a difference in my clothes. I tend to get a wee bit obsessed and am constantly jumping on and off the scales at the drop of a hat :ashamed0005: lol

Thanks again. Good luck :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.