GI Anyone?

mum_of_one

Silver Member
I did give Judd a go but I couldnt bear the down days so going back to GI which I did and lost 3st. Rick Gallop's book.

Anyone doing this? I am a few days in and wondering what people's first week losses were like?

Thanks!!

I followed Rick Gallop's books once, for a few months, and did splendidly. Unfortunately, a change in my living arrangements meant a change in my food habits, and I gained all of the weight back. I am back on that diet, for I know it was the most livable one for me.

Do you have specific questions about it?

Hiya

Just wondering how people are doing on it. Any tips or help with it. Just wondering what sort of things you eat on a daily basis. I have the Rick Gallop book - not really started it as had a bout of tonsilitis and now a heavy cough and cold but want to get going with it.

Any tips? I did do diet before but I think I ate far too much really (haha) but want to see what others eat on it and what your snacks are etc.

Thanks

Hey Mum of one, I am starting the GI diet today. :)
I have been on it a few other times, with enormous success. I love how I can eat whenever I am hungry, as long as I make correct food decisions. This diet is really about being motivated, because you can bend the rules a lot, but if you remain goal oriented then you should be fine.
Some meal ideas- Breakfast- fiber one (do they have that in england? I am from new york) with fat free milk and a fruit; hot oatmeal, fat free milk, berries; egg whites with sauteed veggies and a fruit.
For lunch I like to have salads with some grilled chicken or fish. I don't remember all that well, as it's been a long time since I was on it properly, but I will post more ideas as I am on it longer...
good luck!

Hey Mum of one, I am starting the GI diet today. :)
I have been on it a few other times, with enormous success. I love how I can eat whenever I am hungry, as long as I make correct food decisions. This diet is really about being motivated, because you can bend the rules a lot, but if you remain goal oriented then you should be fine.
Some meal ideas- Breakfast- fiber one (do they have that in england? I am from new york) with fat free milk and a fruit; hot oatmeal, fat free milk, berries; egg whites with sauteed veggies and a fruit.
For lunch I like to have salads with some grilled chicken or fish. I don't remember all that well, as it's been a long time since I was on it properly, but I will post more ideas as I am on it longer...
good luck!

Hiya Yoish!

I am going to start it tomorrow then and lets see how we both do! We do get Fibre 1 here. Love NYC!! Yeah baby! Been there 3 times. It rocks. Lucky you living there.

I will post on here and let you know. Looks like its just you, me and Kitty.

Thanks for info

x

Good luck mum_of_one, Kitty and Yoish with the GI diet!

Love Mini xxx

Mum of one, I actually live in NY state, not NYC, but I do live in a suburb of NYC, so I am only about thirty minutes away.

Just wanted to share that I made myself a delicious omelet for breakfast today. I sauteed onions and yellow pepper, with lots of spices, and made it into an omelet with some egg whites. It was delicious.

Any other ideas? Did you start the diet yet?

Mum of one, I actually live in NY state, not NYC, but I do live in a suburb of NYC, so I am only about thirty minutes away.

Just wanted to share that I made myself a delicious omelet for breakfast today. I sauteed onions and yellow pepper, with lots of spices, and made it into an omelet with some egg whites. It was delicious.

Any other ideas? Did you start the diet yet?

Hiya!

That omelette sounds yum. In my rick gallop book it says you are allowed omega 3 eggs but not many a week. Does yours say only egg whites?

I started yes and have been having porridge for breakfast and quorn or tofu with salad or veggies. I am a vegetarian.

Also do you have snacks in between?

:)

My book considers omega 3 eggs as "yellow light" foods, but I try to stay away from them. Egg white, when cooked properly, can be really delicious.

It must be hard to be on this diet if you are a vegetarian. I live on chicken... Do you eat dairy products?

I do have snacks, but only fresh fruits and veggies.

How's it going? Day two of mine went great!

My book considers omega 3 eggs as "yellow light" foods, but I try to stay away from them. Egg white, when cooked properly, can be really delicious.

It must be hard to be on this diet if you are a vegetarian. I live on chicken... Do you eat dairy products?

I do have snacks, but only fresh fruits and veggies.

How's it going? Day two of mine went great!

Hiya

Well I was vegan but I have changed recently as was finding it so hard. I dont eat cheese at all but I do eat eggs but only soya milk so no cows milk.

I think this diet would be easier if I ate fish or chicken.

Last time I did this diet (about 6 years ago) I ate meat. So I am finding it quite hard.

In my book eggs are ok but in moderation. I was only having one or two a week but I am going to try the egg white omelette definitely!

Also in my book he suggests eating all these muffins and cakes and biscuits in between meals but that would make me want to cheat I think.

Well done on day 2 :)

gi anyone

l have had the rick gallop book for quite a while now l had put on such a lot of weight after being on holiday making me my heaviest weight ever nearly 12 stones l decided to give it a try this will be my second week on the g i diet and when l weighed myself on sunday l had lost 2lbs cant wait till sunday to see if l have lost anymore hope this works for you too.
jan

l have had the rick gallop book for quite a while now l had put on such a lot of weight after being on holiday making me my heaviest weight ever nearly 12 stones l decided to give it a try this will be my second week on the g i diet and when l weighed myself on sunday l had lost 2lbs cant wait till sunday to see if l have lost anymore hope this works for you too.
jan

Hiya

How you doing? I really like GI but missing sugar. Got to stay focused! Well done on the 2lbs loss

x

Greetings! Just thought I'd pop my head round the door 'n say Hiya!! I started my own version of the GI diet today (till my book arrives in the post!). Oopsie! However, it's been great so far and I'm finding it quite easy. Will be even better once my Antony Worral Thompson book comes so I can start preparing recipes. Hope you're all fine and feel free to pop into my Diary to say hello and let me know how things are going.

Take care.

Back