Gina's diary and also new to the forum...

gina191

:wave_cry: Right so lets start...

Hello to everyone, a little bit about me.
My name is Gina, I'm 28 (or 18 as I tell people) and I'm mum to a little girl of 2 (on the 18th June).
I've battled with my weight all my life. 4 years ago I started making changes as my partner and I were struggling to concieve and I went from 16 stone down to 13. Not long after I found out I was pregnant and the diet went on the backburner and ate myself into a happy preggers oblivion (not helped by the fact I quit smoking). My daughter was born and d-day arrived I stepped on the scales and bloody eck I was 16st 4LB. To be honest I was upset but I had more pressing things to be concerned about so I concentrated on being a mum.
I went to 15 st 8 and thats when I decided enough was enough. I tried every diet in the book and go nowhere so I went to see the doc and was pescribed the heavenly pill that is reductil, everything was going well and I got down to my lowest ever weight of 13st 8 and was struck down by a massive kidney infection that left me in hospital for almost 2 weeks, when I returned home on the docs orders I had a rest from reductil and the weight gradually started to creep on and then by the time I was ready to start again it had been banned :eek:

Last wednesday I went to see the doc and I've been pescribed Xenical and so far so good.
Friday and Saturday were killers I was really hungry but stuck to lots of low fat foods rather than cramming myself with crisps etc and then today I've hit a wall and to be honest have struggled to get anything down I just have 0% appetite (which trust me is not like me).
I've been jogging everyday since Friday and today I've done pump it up DVD (my fave).

On Wednesday I weighed in at 14st 2LB and I have some very big motivations for getting my weight down this time. I'm 5.5 and I carry most of my weight round my stomach and we all know there big risk factors, my dad is exactly the same (as are my sisters) and he was diagnosed with a heart condition/diabetes in his mid 30's (very young) he has in the last 3 months had his drivers licence took away as the diabetes has left him virtually blind. I look at my daughter and think there is no way I'd ever let her see that happen to me. I have way to much to live for.
My second motivation is I'm getting married in Dec, and I just so happened to walk in a shop 3 weeks ago and see my dream dress hung up in the sale just so happens that dress is 2 sizes too small :cry:
Best get my arse in gear and get into it because I bought it lol

Thanks Mini, I've secretly been a bit of a lurker the past few days whilst trying to find out more about Xenical. There are so many nice people on here and such fantastic inspirational stories. It's brilliant.
Thanks for the link to the thread I've just been having a read, I'm sure I'll find my feet around the forum over the next few days :)

Hope it goes well, and keep thinking of the wedding dress and your little one and you will get there.

Welcome, Gina, and well done on taking the plunge and joining us. You have great motivation there (I LOVE a wedding) and your wee daughter should keep you going too. You're bound to have questions, we all did at the beginning so ask away there's always someone around to help. Good luck!

KB

Thanks everyone :) beginning to find my way around now.

I've had quite a tough day today, been up half the night with my LO and today my body must think I've been up for hours and it needs food.

I had my first test today we went to Asda Cafe for lunch and after grilling the staff about what was in everything I ended up with a dry jacket spud and a spoon of chicken tikka on top. I dread to think the fat in there but I only had a bit and I haven't had any side effects (touch wood) yet. I was going to opt for beans but after a full week of no junk what so ever I was just craving. I'm angry with myself now though.

Just done my exercise DVD but only managed half way through tonight as I'm pooped so I will go for a jog in the morning.

I'm doing my own weekly weigh in on Thursday, I have no idea how I've managed to ignore the scales for a full week I normally weigh myself 10 times a day but I'm determined to not get disheartened this time.

So food today =

1 mullerlight yog
Jacket spud + Chicken Tikka
2 WW lemon slice cakes.
xxx

That's your food for a whole day? Doesn't seem like very much at all, make sure you are eating enough, that's as important as not eating too much...

That's the problem I've always had I'm terrible for skipping meals and then binging. I've just had a tin of soup and some WW bread with it and I've got a banana and an apple which I will have shortly.
I was thinking before I'd ate loads today and was feeling guilty and then when I saw it wrote down it's not much at all.
I need to get out of old habbits.

If you haven't already take a look at Free Calorie Counter, Diet & Exercise Journal | MyFitnessPal.com If you register there (free) and input your details you can find out how many calories to have for your height and weight. You can input them there on a daily basis, along with your exercise and I find it really helps me keep track of what I'm doing. I find it especially helpful if I think I'm having a bad day, often I think it's really bad until I see it in black and white and I realise it's not nearly as bad as I think.

KB

Thanks Kitty, that website is fab!!!

Well I weighed myself after my first week yesterday and....... I'm 2.5 kg down YIPPPEEEE so just converted that into pounds and that makes 5.5 I think.

Proudly wearing my chufty badge since yesterday :8855:
Roll on week 2 I'm very excited :)

Back