Give me inspiration to start again!

Vixxster

Nojo on the YoYo
Hello peeps

If you've been here since 2009, you may remember me, I was here all the fricken time, all the live long day, all day, and all of the night... and many many other varieties of 'all the time' you can possibly come up with.

I have had, what can only be described as, a pretty rough ride since the end of 2009, being made redundant, finding a new job which I hated and finding myself stuck with a hefty tax bill, plus lodging in one room in Liverpool made for a very depressed me indeed!

I have been, and am still, on medication, and have put on around 60lbs of the lbs I managed to lose. In short, I was 13 stone something, and now I am 18 stone something. And SOMETHING needs to be done.

What used to keep me motivated was all the friendly people on here, the comments, the sharing, the chat, the gossip, the gasps of delight when a new cereal bar or yogurt would come out (anyone tried the new Apple and Mango fat free Onken, by the way?) and the snorts of derision when they'd take away our free Smash or sausages and change them for something inferior and higher in syns.

That, and my blog. I looooooved my blog. I wrote it religiously, scouring the internet for stories on food, diet, fads, products and promotions. I feel like I've lost my way - a lot - but I want to come back.

I've made a lot of false starts over the past year - and I'm sure it's these false starts that have led to me putting on as much weight as I have, three days of dieting followed by four of eating extra large amounts of rubbish is surely the sure-fire way to let yourself down and make your dress size go up...

I'd love for anyone who's been through this to post here and tell me how it finally clicked for you, how coming back works in the end and how there *is* a happily ever after for me... if I can find the determination back to embrace it properly!

Thanks for your time... :break_diet:

Hello - I remember you - you are the one who put me (and many others) on to White Nimble :). I am restarting again tonight. I was made redundant from one job and had to leave another for health reasons.

I suffer from stress, anxiety and depression - although not on medication - but personally I believe that what goes into our bodies can affect the way, to a certain extent, we feel and SW is the healthiest way to deal with that aspect.

As for motivation to get back on plan it just clicked one day when I realised that I had to do something as my mental and physical health were being badly affected.

Any, bit of a ramble there, hope some of it helped.

Last edited:
Vixxster!!! I was wondering where you'd gone! I had tried to message you via your blog but it didn't seem to work.

I remember you having a tough time of things back in 2009, BUT the main thing is your back & asking for help, not the easiest of things.

I'm now on my third time at SW, I'm doing it at home & doing better than I have done before. I'm still losing slow (annoyingly slow) & can still not get passed my 1st 7lb award but hey ho. I know I'd be no where with Minimins & everyone on here. Make sure you keep going with your blog, you're a really great writer.

Well done for getting back on here & being honest about things, sorry some of the weight has crept back on but some times aren't the best times to have to focus on food/weightloss.

I hope you find the encouragement you need on here :)

L x

LOL sadly I can no longer get White Nimble anywhere! It has disappeared from the face of Liverpool - and we STILL don't have a Waitrose here to go and get it from... buggered if I am going to trek all the way to Wallasey! So I now stick to buns and danish.

I still have a bag of wholemeal breadmix from Tesco in my drawer at home to remind me of the days when I would invent crazy things and post pictures of myself eating them, all happily safe in the knowledge that this pizza, bacon butty, roast potato, fried egg, double cheeseburger, plate of chips or tuna mayo jacket would make me thin!

Now I hide from cameras and have had to buy all new clothes in size 20 after I gave my old ones to charidee.

Sucks.

Lisa, glad you're back at SW! So nice to hear you're still around, my blog address expired, I have a new one, that's also probably about to expire too.

Morgawr, depression is the root of all evil and the root of all my biscuit retention! Hopefully I am coming out of it though.

Thanks for your kind words xxx

You sound AMAZING welcome back :)

Welcome back hun. Your blog sounds ace, you should get that going again I love nosying at a good blog (especially if its about food!)

LOL aw bless you! :D I used to be quite fab at this SW lark, now I suck. But I will get there again!

LOL aw bless you! :D I used to be quite fab at this SW lark, now I suck. But I will get there again!

You were a Little Miss Know-It-All... :p

And I'm glad because I was new to it!! Give yourself time time & you'll get back into the swing of things :) x

Hahahah I still know-it-all. But I just don't-do-anyofit! xx

hi and welcome back and to me as well fell by the wayside last few weeks but hey ho back again I'm doing slimming world from home no class near where i stay so try my best to stick to it got the books sent to me from my cousin who has done brilliantly xx

Good luck Megygogs! Lets hope we both stick to it this time xx

Hi Vixxster,

You sound fab!!! It takes alot to be brave enough to come back. I first started SW back in Liverpool 15 years ago after my son was born. Guess what I still weigh the same as I did before I started but know in my heart of hearts that this is the best plan for me. My trouble is falling off the wagon.

My problem is I see food as a treat and when I'm happy I want to eat and equally when I'm fed up I want to eat. But by sharing experiences and motivating each other we can stick together and gain mutual support.

I've lurked and lurked for ages but today is day one and hopefully by talking to other people like you we can all keep ourselves going.

Take care (and I'll look out for white nimble for ya!)

Hiya mate

As an 'oldie' I remember you, and only recently pointed my sister in the direction of your HEXB pizza recipe.

I have done lots of diets over the years, all to no avail until the last time when everything just 'clicked' into place and after that I lost 8 stone, got to target last year and have maintained throughout, despite desperate personal circumstances (husband battling cancer).

I guess if there was a 'secret' or difference in how I approached things this time (the last time ever- I know this without any doubt, that I will never re-gain the weight again) then it was that every previous diet I ever did I always wanted to lose it all IMMEDIATELY- I would work so hard and control my eating so much that I always saw not eating as good and giving in to hunger as bad- which of course is absolute lunacy and cannot be maintained for a substantial period of time, and is certainly no way to approach the rest of your life.

I guess this time I refused to look at sticking to plan as being 'on a diet'- I tried to not use terms like 'treat' and tried never to think of being on or off plan- if you think of this as a means to an end you will struggle to succeed. You need to think of this as how you intend to live the rest of you life now. Make a permanent change that allows for meals out and higher calorie food on occasion, but puts it's main focus on healthy low fat eating and an introduction to exercise (which is exactly the basis of SW).

Be realistic and reasonable with yourself about what you can maintain as a stable loss, (I aimed for just half a puond a week when I started this time- with all previous efforts I made I would have been DEVASTATED if I lost it that slowly, but I got there this way!) while still having a life, without deprivation, but with a real element of control. Make a real effort to tackle your relationship with food, and try to identify those times when you feel the need to overeat and understand them a little better rather than just mindlessly giving into the desire.

Mostly- be positive. Don't look at yourself and hate what you see- don't berate yourself when things don't go exactly right (because they won't!), don't use negative thoughts to try and motivate yourself as you will be doomed to fail- talk to yourself with love and respect (as you would to another person you loved) and encourage yourself with positive thoughts and believe in your ability to do this, because it is possible.

You really can do this mate- You are on the start line now which takes tremendous bravery- many people talk and think of starting, but you are here, looking forward, ready to take on the difficult challenge- it isn't easy and it's not for wimps, but if you have heart, desire and dedication you can really do this

Good luck, gorgeous xxxxxx

Vixxster, good to see you.... I look forward to getting to know you.... you sound like quite a girl.

I too am restarting SW after sometime aay and some time faffing arround. If I waited till me head clicked I'd be waiting forever! I know in the past I lost 5 stone on SW, so it can be done. I was going to start last week but managed to gain 2 pounds ~typical. After chip for lunch and now feeling ickkyy I'm going to get back on plan. I know I feel better for it in the long term and my body will thank me for it as well.... and I can't wait to grin when wearing a swimsuit as opposed to hiding beneath the water all the time.

I'm mainly a green girl but if I can help you in any way ~ just holler!

Keep coming back ~ maybe everyone else's weight loss will rub off on us *smle*

Judith & Pickle the wonder dog

I knew I recognized your name!!! Vixxter, I make your pizza ALL THE TIME! my OH literally forces me to make it every week! We love that recipe! I also love your potato salad! Welcome back! You can do this! Xxxxxxx

Welcome Back!!!! :bighug::bliss:

I remember you... I both loved and cursed you daily!!! You were the one who used to taunt me with your lovely Avatar and began my White Nimble Obsession.... Not that I had it often... I COULD NEVER FIND IT!!!! (thus the cursing!!) :rolleyes::8855: My obsession became such, I even resorted to bribery... (to anyone at my group who found it!!!)

However, now the tables have turned!!!... I found some at the local Asda only a few weeks ago, and suddenly all was forgiven!!!

If you want some inspiration, just look at all YOUR posts... Inspiration delivered.

Your next challenge?... To create yet another yummy hex b!!!

Glad to see you back!!

Welcome back to slimming world :) so much has changed and syned in the short months i have been on it so just make sure you have an updated diet :)

To those who suffer with mood disorders, what we eat and our level of activity ABSOLUTELY affects our state of mind. If doctors prescribed exercise and healthy eating there would be a crash in the antidepressant market! :)

Your blog sounds cool I hope you start it up again! Like you I lost 5 stone and then somehow put it aaaaaallllll back on, with extra! I feel I just have to take it one day at a time and set loads of mini goals.

Oh and challenges keep me motivated, in the SW Teams subforum. The exercise bike challenge is keeping me active :) come join us :D

I read your blog .....

AMAZING

Hope you don't mind but I linked back to you in my won blog :)

Hope your having a lovely day

Back