Given up smoking and started slimming world

Hi I have stopped smoking 7 weeks into slimming world. Hope if I stay on plan 100% I won't put weight on. Anyone else doing this?

Hi, I gave up four weeks ago, I'm a target member at sw now and terrified I'm going to put weight back on, I am struggling at the moment to maintain (I have out on two and a half this week, a small gain probably deserved but not that much!!!), anyway will keep trying! How ling have you given up for?

Hi Becky
Thanks for replying. I havnt had a fag since Sunday so not long but I've stuck to SW plan 100% and I weigh in on Saturday. I've done this before though, started SW for couple of weeks then packed in fags, always cos of coughing really bad. I really need to pack fags up for good as I can feel it catching up with me. Well done for getting to target by the way. Friends say to me it's more important to pack fags in but have lost 15lb in 7 weeks and I don't want to gain. Finding doing both really hard though. X

Hi
Firstly congratulations on giving up smoking! I totally know how hard that can be. I gave up in January this year by going cold turkey (used to smoke 15-20 a day) it was hard but I feel so much better for it now and couldn't even think of going back to smoking again. The first month is always the hardest but you can do it!!

Unfortunately for me I wasn't as sensible as you in starting SW at the same time! ;) I ended up putting on a huge amount of weight (as I was eating sweets/chocolate/biscuits instead of having a ciggy so I don't recommend that!) and I think you are doing an amazing job of joining SW and giving up smoking at the same time.

Good luck with everything! :)

Hello!

I quit smoking nearly 3 months ago and have been doing SW at the same time. I was at target and put on a little bit of weight but that wasn't necessarily down to the cigs, I had a great summer, holidays, birthdays etc.

It can definitely be done - just stick with it! x

Well done on quitting smoking, I tried and tried but now i seem to be addicted to the electronic cigarette although there is no nicotine in the eliquids now.

Back