Giving SW a go.....;)

Legomom

Gold Member
Ello all!!!

I'm a serial calorie counter and I'm joining the dark side (CARBS!!! Unmeasured carbs!!!!) for a few weeks to see if it SW can stop me from being a half crazed neurotic fatty lol. I find the counting and weighing of CC or WW just fuels my tendency to take diets just that bit too far!! I want the structure of a plan but the freedom to just eat normally. (don't ask for much do I PMSL) Wasnt far off goal 12 months ago but then I quit smoking. Three stone later I'm obese AGAIN (third trip into the red BMI for me :( )

I'm trying to follow EE for two weeks and if I can cope with it I'm joining my local group for WI etc. will my SW consultant let me weigh monthly as scales are a massive issue for me? I'm going cold turkey as daily weighing was taking over my life lol!!!!

I think I'm ok with the plan? From what ive read and the free booklet in the paper i have surmised.........Super free 1/3 of my plate. Lean meats. Don't be greedy with the carbs but don't ration myself too much. Snack on super free where possible. One dairy portion (hexA) one grain portion (hexB) and up to 15 syns for life's little extras?

I have to say I'm very nervous of all this rice and pasta!!!!!! But it's SO going to keep me on plan!!!

Don't worry about the carbs, if you find they don't agree with you you can always do mostly red days :) its great not having to calorie count, liberating in fact lol

Yeh you've got the jist of the plan, are you gonna join a group or? I find it easier going to group as it spurs me on I've been doing it 7 weeks but every wednesday night it feels like I'm starting a fresh over again lol its a lovely diet to follow trust me

I think I will. I'm just hunting for one that's a bit more convenient? My nearest is monday. Really hate Monday WI's!! There's no time to salvage any naughtiness over the weekend lol.

Lol that is true. I'm lucky mine is a wednesday and right next to my house haha in all honesty though I don't think I'd be into it as much if I was doing it on my own at home, and going to group does help me stay on track and I enjoy having a laugh and a chat finding out tips and recipes.

If your nervous of introducing carbs after your calorie counting, why don't you introduce them slowly, it will also let your body get used to having them again.

I think I will. I'm just hunting for one that's a bit more convenient? My nearest is monday. Really hate Monday WI's!! There's no time to salvage any naughtiness over the weekend lol.

I WI on Tuesdays so don't have much time for salvaging weekend mistakes either, but that actually helps me keep in check more :)

Good luck with the plan and free-ing yourself from counting.

Legomom said:
Lol it's not the reintroducing I'm afraid of. It's the abusing of carb privileges :)

All you need to do is remember to eat until your full because then they are free foods, if you eat past feeling hungry then they are no longer free, that's why I would recommend you eat the super free portion of your plate first, that way your fuller when you get to your free foods like pasta, pots etc and are less likely to eat past feeling full.

X x x

Back