Giving Up..

diamond787

Hey Guys..

Ive been smoking for 7 years and im planning to stop after new years eve.. as its about time, after so many attempts, i know its gonna be hard, but im only 23 and i dont want to smoke anymore, as im getting healthy... but its sooooooo hard has any of you guys given up, and at the same time your on CD??

Hi, I gave up smoking on 31st March 2004. I had been a smoker for around 26 years. I'd stopped during my pregnancies but always started again a few months after the kids were born.

I didn't use any nicotine substitutes. I got up, I had two cigarettes in the pack and I said to my kids, when I've finished these two, I'm stopping smoking. And I did. It was as simple as that. It was just the right time for me to stop. My mind was set and I did it. I don't even think about smoking anymore.

Of course, I wasn't dieting at the time, but I didn't eat any more than before I stopped. And when people say you'll put on weight if you stop smoking, look at it this way, how many overweight smokers do you see: loads of them. It's just an urban myth or something people say to sabotage your attempts.

If it helps, put the money you don't spend in a jar and save for a holiday or some nice new clothes to fit your new shape when you've lost all your weight. We went to New York with my cig money.

Good luck!

Good luck on your stopping smoking.

Sit down and work out the times when you always smoke -

with a meal
with a coffee
when angry or upset

Those are the times you really need to watch for cravings.

Do some meditation - even to Rock - put one track on and lie down or sit in a chair and get into the music. It will take the craving away.

Hope all goes well for you x

hi gave up smoking drinking and eating in the last 6 months.(just polishing my halo).I think it was my time to make changes and stick to them (fingers crossed)Hubby also gave up smoking and he used a tablet called champix he gave up very easily with them and has not looked back they are not nicotine replacment they some how switch off the receptors that enjoy the nicotine or some such .anyway i now know 4 peeps who have given up on them so go to your docs and see wot they are about ,they really seem to make it alot easier one of my friends age 45 smoked for 30 years ish was on 60 at least a day he stopped 6 months ago and hasnt wavered as yet xxxx
ps you still need to want to give up and need your willpower but they do seem to be a great help xxx good luck

Hi, I gave up smoking on 31st March 2004. I had been a smoker for around 26 years. I'd stopped during my pregnancies but always started again a few months after the kids were born.

I didn't use any nicotine substitutes. I got up, I had two cigarettes in the pack and I said to my kids, when I've finished these two, I'm stopping smoking. And I did. It was as simple as that. It was just the right time for me to stop. My mind was set and I did it. I don't even think about smoking anymore.

Of course, I wasn't dieting at the time, but I didn't eat any more than before I stopped. And when people say you'll put on weight if you stop smoking, look at it this way, how many overweight smokers do you see: loads of them. It's just an urban myth or something people say to sabotage your attempts.

If it helps, put the money you don't spend in a jar and save for a holiday or some nice new clothes to fit your new shape when you've lost all your weight. We went to New York with my cig money.

Good luck!

I did the same thing! I used to smoke 40 a day until 9 years ago when I just decided to stop!! No patches, just a decision that I didn't want to die due to smoking and that if you can stop in your early twenties then the chances are you haven't done life damaging amounts of damage.

You just need to become a non smoker and that can happen 1 second after putting out your last cigarette!

Mike

You have to really want too - and that is it in a nutshell - like these diets its all about willpower I would like to say I had some life changing experience etc but the top and bottom of it was I woke up one morning looked at my self in the mirror and thought your fat and your unhealthy do something. I gave up and todate have lost 5 stone. It has been very hard but the nicotine is out of your system within 48 hours its the habit you battle with and like ketosis once you are in it, its the habit and the cravings for food you battle with.

thanx guys, i do want to stop, but i enjoy smoking and need to get that out of my head, my fiance got very ill earlier this year and i know that if i stop so will he, so im doing it for the both of us.. i need to think of things to keep me busy specially when i crave for it, i.e first thing in the morning, after food.. thanx for wishing me luck!!!

The fact you say you enjoy it is what you need to look into, at the end of the day you know what it is really doing to you and hence the fact you think you "want" or "need" or "enjoy" it means you must deal with that and then when you realise you don't actually want to smoke then you will just stop.

Mike

Not a smoker but just wanted to say good luck with giving up and i think putting the money you would of spent on cigs towards something lovely is a great idea. :)

Hi Diamond,

I was in the exactly the same position as you, really fed up of relying on cigarettes and wanted to get healthy so i decided to give up smoking about 3days into the diet. Im on Lipotrim.

I have been a heavy smoker for 6 years and found that it has been so much easier giving up than i thought. I have replaced my cravings with a 1 litre bottle of water which goes everywhere with me :D apt for this diet!!!

I think its easier when on this diet as you are already choosing not to eat so you know you have the willpower to choose not to smoke.

Best of luck and you know you can do it.

Freda

hi freda, and everyone else.. thanx for that i hope i come out the same.. i smoke alot when im around others, but smoke less when im around my mum (even though she knows ive never dared smoke infront of her) im gonna keep focused and hopefully it will work!!!

Back