Gleggers' 2014 diary

gleggers

Hi all. I thought I'd start a food diary as I tend to write it all down in a book but thought it'd be a good idea to share it with all of you and possibly get some input in case I'm going wrong somewhere. I started SW in June 2013, having previously been an on and off WW for 15 years. Prior to joining SW I was at my biggest weight of 10 stone (aside from being pregnant). I have 2 children aged 1.5 and almost 4 and now feel that as I have finished my family I want to get down close to the weight that I was when I got married (8 stone 4) and maintain that forever. As this is a long-term thing for me I am not after a quick fix. I have lost 12 lb since starting SW so am at the half way point. I absolutely love the eating plan and find it pretty easy to follow, however, my weight loss is extremely slow and this can get me down at times - even on my best weeks I still only manage 0.5 lb. I'm not sure if it's a metabolism thing or if I just eat too much, as I do have a really big appetite. Anyway, I'll stop waffling. Here's my food diary - any input greatly appreciated. Tuesday 21st Jan 2014: EE Breakfast: Magic porridge - 35g porridge oats (HexB), 1 mullerlight orange yoghurt, loads of frozen berries and 1 chopped banana 10.30: Apple, 2 satsumas Lunch: last night's Spag Bol (extra lean mince and lots of sf onions, mushrooms and peppers added) 14.30: melon, pineapple and kiwi pack Tea: Chicken stir fry, egg noodles (includes 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce 1 syn) Evening: half a tin baked beans, 1 x kitkat (5.5 syns) HEA: skimmed milk in tea and coffee throughout the day. Daily syns: 6.5/15 Weekly syns: 6.5/105

Last edited:
Wednesday 22nd January 2014 EE: Breakfast: 2 x Linda McCartney red onion and Rosemary sausages, 2 x eggs scrambled and 1/3 mushrooms in fry light 10.30: lemsip (1 syns) and melon, kiwi and pineapple fruit pack Lunch: Salmon fillet, boiled egg chopped, salad, 5 pitted green olives (0.5 syns), 2 tbsp co-op good-life lemon and cracked pepper dressing (1 syn) 3.00 2 x alpen light (HEB), muller light and banana Tea: chicken broth Evening: Pom bears (4.5 syns) HEA: milk in tea and coffee throughout day. Daily syns: 7/15 Weekly syns: 13.5/105 I haven't had some of this yet but will stick to what I've written (I prefer recording it before eating). I will also post some pics over the next couple of days

Last edited:
Thursday 23rd January 2014:EE Breakfast: magic pancakes with chopped banana, frozen berries (sf) and yoghurt (half HexB) (0.5 syns for danone crumble yoghurt) 10.30 am Banana Lunch: morrisons mackerel (1 syn), egg noodles and frozen veg (sf) Mid afternoon: muller light and 1 sugar in coffee (1 syn) Alpen light (half HexB) Tea: chilli with jacket potato - made with 5% fat mince and lots of sf veg Evening: Danone crumble yoghurt (0.5 syns) Daily syns: 3/15 Weekly syns: 16.5/105

Last edited:
3D7B1FAF-24D1-4E87-8E54-3F044CFEF3E5.jpg
Just tried to post a photo of my breakfast - not sure if I've done it right, will try in next post if it doesn't work. Friday 24th Jan 2014: green day Breakfast : magic pancakes (half HExB 1) with chopped banana, frozen berries and danone crumble yoghurt (0.5 syns) Lunch: cheese leek and ham pasta n sauce (1 syn) 1x alpen light (half hex b 1) Afternoon: banana and mugshot Tea: spinach and mushroom canneloni from this month's magazine (2 syns): 30g cheese (HexA 1) on toast (HexB2) with 1tsp low fat butter (1syn), 125 ml white wine (4.5 syns), bag pom bears (4.5 syns) Daily syns: 15/15 Weekly syns: 31.5/105

Last edited:
image-921265736.jpg

Tonight's tea: spinach and mushroom canneloni from this month's mag. I made it with 50g reduced fat cheddar on top so it was 2 syns per portion. Very nice but a bit fiddly stuffing the canneloni tubes

Sat 25th January 2014 Breakfast: 60g wholemeal breAd bacon, egg sandwich with mushrooms and tomatoes. 2tsp low fat butter (2syns) 5k run 11.00 homemade veg soup Lunch: 100g smoked mackerel (1 syn) and salad Tea: chilli con carne made with 15% fat mince (2 syns) Evening: 2 large glasses red wine (18 syns), Pom bears (4.5 syns) smoked salmon and philli light 50g (4syns) Daily syns: 31.5 Weekly syns: 63/105

Sunday 26th January 2014

Breakfast: fruit and mullerlight

Brunch: 2 x low fat quorn sausages, beans and fried egg (in fry light)

2 x bananas, 2 x alpen lights (HexB)

Coffee with sugar (1syn)

Tea: Harissa lamb stew (0.5 syn)

Evening: kit Kat (5.5 syns)

Daily syns: 7/15, weekly syns: 70/105

Monday 27th January 2014 35 g fruit and fibre (HexB) Skimmed milk (HexA) Macaroni cheese mugshot (2 syns) Chicken salad with 1tbsp low cal dressing (1 syn) Morrisons sushi (4 syns) Chicken breast and rice fusions (3.5 syns) Pom bears (4.5 syns)

Daily syns: 15/15 Weekly syns: 85 syns

Weigh-in at group 7pm - maintained so feel pretty gutted as I have been 100% this week:(

Back