Glittermonkey's new leaf

glittermonkey

Hi everyone and a happy healthy new year! I have had diarys here in the past. I have been on every diet going and eaten my way up to 19 stone. Very shocking BUT I have changed. I suffered terribly with depression in the past and through a lot of therapys I can finally say I am starting to love myself! I also want to start a family but want to shift the weight first, so this is an exciting year and I'm ready for the journey! I'm looking forward to chatting to you all.

I will also add as many pics as I can. My day was a bit haywire as I'm studying for exams, but here's what I ate
BREAKFAST.......belvita fruit biccys and options hot chocolate
Lunch........no time, eek! Will do better tomorrow
Dinner. .......sw chicken korma made by my OH
Snack........more belvita and hot choc.
Drop in and say hi!

Hi glittermonkey, well done on getting back to it.

I am lucky enough that my OH loves cooking me slimming world recipes!! It's hugely helpful to have that kind of support xx

It is skinnygirltobe the support is fantastic! Thanks everyone
I got a pedometer and have to say I find it very encouraging to have a target to reach even if it's raining out I can Mar h on the spot lol. I walked my 10,000 steps today so delighted with that. It works out at just over 7 km so not bad for a days work!
Studying again so food not as planned as I would have liked. I did take a break to make some syn free onion bhajis to go with yesterday's chicken korma have to say i was actually shocked at how similar it was to real bhajis without the use of oil or gram flour. Really simple too! There's a great video on youtube if anyone's interested. So here's my day
Breakfast.......diet energy drink (I know, I know)
Lunch.......homemade veg soup
Dinner.........chicken korma and two sw bhajis
Snack......options hot chocolate, choc belvita and a mullerlight
6 syns today...not bad! Need to make bigger effort with brekky tho

Hiya!
Did my 10,000 steps again today woo hoo! Here was my food
Brekky...belvita bikkys 7 syns
Lunch......Small pitta with salad and leftover sw korma sauce
Dinner......sw burger and chips and big salad. omg the slimming world burger was yum!!
Snacks........belvita, options. Had 16 syns today oops!

Notice I'm not having any fruit ill have to change that.. need to stop just reaching for belvita in the morning. Breakfast just makes me feel ill. Been watching that Katie Hopkins show about weight has anyone seen it? She really is a horrible woman! Dying for my first official weigh in on Wednesday. Other half doing well on his diet too although he will not ditch full sugar Pepsi for anything. Drives me mad. ..diabetes in a bottle!

Hiya!
Did my 10,000 steps again today woo hoo! Here was my food
Brekky...belvita bikkys 7 syns
Lunch......Small pitta with salad and leftover sw korma sauce
Dinner......sw burger and chips and big salad. omg the slimming world burger was yum!!
Snacks........belvita, options. Had 16 syns today oops!

Notice I'm not having any fruit ill have to change that.. need to stop just reaching for belvita in the morning. Breakfast just makes me feel ill. Been watching that Katie Hopkins show about weight has anyone seen it? She really is a horrible woman! Dying for my first official weigh in on Wednesday. Other half doing well on his diet too although he will not ditch full sugar Pepsi for anything. Drives me mad. ..diabetes in a bottle!

Here to subscribe ? xx

10,000 STEPS achieved again woo hoo! Today was uneventful as I was studying for most of the day can't wait for Monday when all my exams are finished and I can start the gym. Here's my food
Breakfast/lunch...............bacon and cheese omlette
Dinner............The most delicious Asian marinaded salmon stir fry.
Snacks......options, mousse, belvita, mullerlight.
Syn.....14

Hope your all smiling!

I am super proud of myself today I did........ (drumroll)......20,000 steps! My legs are knackered now as it's over 10k worth of walking
I forgot how much I loved to stick on some upbeat music and go for a nice long walk, it's great for clearing out your mind cobwebs!

Today I ate:
Bacon and cheese salad with dressing of mayo and fromage frais
My OH made a gorgeous surf n turf with a whiskey glaze with parsnips and green beans (didn't eat the mash)
Toffee mullerlight.
Anyone know the syns for about a half a shot of whiskey? Xxx

Hello,

I watched the Katie Hopkins programme and she is an awful woman but she was right about children should not be going to school overweight. Some do have medical problems but most dont and it is often parents poor choices. I work hard to make sure my two ( 2 and 1) are active as I would hate for them to pick up bad habits and become overweight. My weight issues began As a teen and I dont want that for them.

Your dinner choices are tasty sounding!

Got weighed this morning and down 2 1/2. Happy enough with that but for some reason feel a bit.....disappointed? That's the wrong word perhaps. I think I was expecting a bigger number, but at least I'm out of the 19s now down to 18 . 12 so I need a kick up the bum and should be delighted.
My food so far
Breakfast.......kippers, egg and mushrooms
Lunch........ banana and 2 hifi bars as I was on the go
Dinner will be pork in hot garlic sauce with "fried" noodles

I am in love with the chocolate hi fi bars!
My consultant also told us that SW are bringing out a range of ready meals that as far as she knows will be syn free! There to be in Iceland from the end of Feb and apparently include syn free sausages that don't taste as dry as the mallons ones.. exciting!

2.5lb down is great but I understand the little bit of deflation you felt. In the past I would have felt the same especially ghven the steps you were doing. Its all in the right direction though!!

I bought those choc hi fi bars for the first time and had 2 today. Really are a delicious treat!

There's a thread in here about the ready meals. They also include curries like chicken tikka according to the pics posted. Handy for me with shift work!

Hello lovely, found you ...2.5lb is amazing hun well done you!, if you are just starting to exercise your body will hold onto fluid for a while so don't worry about that it will sort itself and hopefully you'll get bigger losses . )
I know you know but you def need to be eating more speed food (fruit an veg) and if not already drinking lots of water or sugar free juice at least.

Slimming World are launching their range in Iceland on 18th Feb, really excited about the sausages and all the products will be syn free, I do hope they don't do a WW's and launch everything onto the market, they always said they wouldn't do ready meals but have given into demand from people who lead busy lifestyles, so apparently these are just a few to give them something quick and easy to grab when they really don't have time. All meals will be £3 a pack not 100% if the sausages will be too but like I said looking forwards to the launch.
Have a great day hun xxx:hug99:xxx
P.S. Not even going to make any comment about that Hopkins woman...no not a woman she's a vile human! lol ok off my soap box now :blahblah:, cya :wavey: xx

Ooh that is handy, dying to try them when I'm super busy. I bought the choc and the salted caramel. Didn't realise till after I ate one that the caramel one are SIX syns per bar!

6 syns??? That's high for the size of it. Is that just the salted caramel? I have the normal caramel at home, going to have to look into now!!

The hifi bars at class are 6 syns each unless they have light written on them, then they are 3 syns each, same as alpen light bars xx

Today was filled with a huge amount of stress, as I have the first of 4 exams in the morning. I might have to repeat I haven't left myself enough time and the whole day escalated into a ball of worry and panic, which almost resulted in a take away but thankfully didn't, although I did have 5 roses sweets. Really struggling to get my anxiety disorder under control around exam time and my insomnia is back in droves. However, come Monday it'll all be over and I can throw myself into my weight loss. My food for the day was
Breakfast. .....2 weetabix and raspberries
Lunch.........baked sweet potato with cheese and tomato, 2 hifi bars
Dinner........pork chop and mallons sausages, green beans, cauliflower cheese and mash
Snacks........options, 5 roses, hi fi bar.

Hope the start of the exams went well x

Hope you're exams started well, I won't tell you to try and stop stressing cos I am one of the worlds biggest stressers....:fingerscrossed: all goes well hun xxx:hug99:xxx

Back