Gluten free Slimming world anyone?

I have a non-IgE gluten allergy and also Anaphylaxis to Wheat, So I am doing slimming world gluten free there is a few alterntive hex b

Wondered if there is any others who are doing it gluten free, if so if there is any things you have found which might be helpful easy quick meals ect... I miss not being able to have things like mug shots

I'm now trying to switch to gluten free whilst waiting on more tests

So far so good..

What sort of items you trying to find a sw switch for? ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I just read that Asda free from wraps are HEXb now, I use 30g Nairns muesli or 30g gf porridge oats too.

I really need nice easy quick lunch time ideas which I would love love love NOT to use a b choice lol

I used to live off mugshots but there is no free alterntive i can find which is GF

Why not search for red day lunches they are likely to have little or no gluten products in them. Other things you could make are soups or stews and take a portion for lunch, salads, sw quiche which is crustless, sw scotch eggs?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'll have a look at sw scotch eggs.. I have issues with my hands so soups are tricky (and I have a thing about reheating soups as well) I used to make awesome quiches might have to make more funny how your mind goes blank

Jacket potato is great gf option if thats possible, versatile, I cook day or two in advance where poss and just heat up in micro for few mins when needed, beans, salad, tuna, roast veggies or leftovers from what was last nights dinner on top!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've the fact sheet but it only covered hex

If you enjoy pasta you could buy gluten and wheat free ones which are free on slimming world. They don't take that long to cook so you should be ok. You can make a tomato based sauce or buy some lasagne sheets for a tasty lasagne which can be pre-made and frozen if necessary if you're stuck for time. Its best buying the pasta from the supermarket instead of Holland and Barrett who are extremely expensive.

I've got gluten free pasta I thought about a lasagne but my previous attempts of freezing gf pasta didn't turnout right when I defrosted ( was gf spaghetti bolognese) the pasta went all funny one problem with lasagne is I do red and green and its only free on EE I guess I could throw in some success express

Why not try using leeks as sheets instead of pasta? alsk what about filled potato skins they can be eaten hot or cold and transport easy for lunches. Hope you arenfinding it easier x

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I've seen a recipe for butternut squash lasagne. I am sure it is in the new magazine or the previous one. I think that should be free on green. I can imagine the gf pasta going funny when frozen as the texture is different from normal pasta. Eating gluten and wheat free can be such a pain sometimes x

It is a pain sometimes esp with high syn values for stuff due to oils to keep moist
I'll look into veggie lasagne recipes ta

Do you use frylight at all? I know gf stuff can be really dry.

I do, I also use water instead of oil in my own baking it's shop bought which is ridiculous syns esp anything nice

That's true.

I have a non-IgE gluten allergy and also Anaphylaxis to Wheat, So I am doing slimming world gluten free there is a few alterntive hex b

Wondered if there is any others who are doing it gluten free, if so if there is any things you have found which might be helpful easy quick meals ect... I miss not being able to have things like mug shots
I also have problems with gluten and also dairy and soya allergies. I find the nicest bread is Sainsbury's Multiseed Loaf. It is the only gluten free bread I have found that tastes good; does not break up; and is not dry.

Back