Glycogen and moving up the steps?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by Hedgehog, 5 August 2008 Social URL.

1. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there

Just a quick question for the experts :)

I am on 810, and moving up to 1000 on Saturday, would I already be starting to replenish my glycogen stores? Or what way does it work?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    Yes, as you work up (even to 1,000) your glycogen is replenishing. Fortunately, because the diet is still low calorie, you are unlikely to put on weight, in fact, could still continue to lose it.

So, gain with the glycogen, but lose with the low calories. It'll balance itself out :)

4. Hedgehog

Hedgehog Gold Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks KD, does that go for the 810 too, I just feel I have stalled since moving to 810 :)

5. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    SS to 810, or SS+ to 810? and then that will also depend on what foods you are eating for the meal (some being higher carb than others).

Some people will stay in ketosis on 810, others will drop out, so there is always the likelihood of some glycogen replenishing.

Having said that, if you stick with 810, it will start coming off again.

How long have you be STS?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.