Go away you evil voice!!

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by xKimmiex, 21 November 2010 Social URL.

1. xKimmiex

xKimmiex Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    No idea why but the evil voice is back and telling me to cheat! I haven't and I won't but she's there from the min I woke up today! "go on have a chocolate biscuit noone will no" ECT arghhh sod off!!

Does anyone else ever have this? I'm on day 12 and no cheats so far!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Moleymole

Moleymole Nicki xxx

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st5lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(19.4%)
    Diet:
    CD
    my evil voice was there yesterday and made me eat a boiled egg (which isn't really cheating but even if I have what I am allowed I still feel like I'm cheating lol)

you can do it hun - water water water xx

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hey

Assign this voice a persona separate to you (I call mine a gremlin) .. that way when it says stuff like "no -one will know" you can say "I'll know". You can treat it as a nasty person you don't want to spend time with.

It's also best not to engage with the voice as it is a losing battle. Get into the habit of telling it to "sod off" firmly and with practice it will get quieter.

By the way the "no-one will know" thing is a typical addictive behaviour; might be worth doing some reading on addictive behaviours to give yourself some insight to help you.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.